Another mirror mod.

ctgottapee

Didn't you already see the pictures you commented on back on page 10 ?

Unless this guy's FZ6R is somehow different than every other FZ6R out there...
of course it's different; it's FAST'R, and BLUE'R!
i'll get a pick wheni remember

right now working on how to splice into the blnker feed to run the lights...
do the wires in the 3 plug pigtail on the yamaha work like most plugs? a hard connector is crimped over the wire and has some sort of spring to it and is pushed into the pigtail opening on the back with the spring preventing it from being pulled?

i'm thinking of going through the rear and need a way to pull that wire out of the back

SAFE-T

of course it's different; it's FAST'R, and BLUE'R!
:rof:

do the wires in the 3 plug pigtail on the yamaha work like most plugs? a hard connector is crimped over the wire and has some sort of spring to it and is pushed into the pigtail opening on the back with the spring preventing it from being pulled?

i'm thinking of going through the rear and need a way to pull that wire out of the back
This is THE question of this mod as I'm not sure you could get an OEM replacement connector from Yamaha if you boogered it. I haven't looked on the FZ6R, but when I changed the R/R on my VFR I was able to release the wire from the connector using a paperclip...

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

richierich781

any special search tricks for that??
no special tricks, already had the spliced connectors to the flush mounts, trial and error i guess to get them to work.

ctgottapee

the issue is a 3 way split connector is needed

if you both want to run the original flashers, and the flashers in the new mirrors. doesn't seem like such a thing exists

Fizzer6R

never get tired of looking at those gold rims :thumbup:

guidobergamo

Mirrors that I tested...

Mirrors that I tested and a general evaluation (design, quality and visibility) in a scale of 0-10:

CNC Reversal Bar End Mirrors(ebay) - Rating: 6

CRG Bar End Mirrors LS Insight - Rating: 9,5 :thumbup:

ZX-6R 08 Mirrors(ebay) - Rating: 7,5

Top CNC Tomok Mirrors - Rating: 8,5

Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2012 (Original Parts) - Rating: 10

:Sport:

cloudfire

I'm definitely a fan of how the 250 mirrors look with the lines of our bike. I second the question if the bolts line up with the holes on our bikes.

Alex6

Mirrors that I tested and a general evaluation (design, quality and visibility) in a scale of 0-10:
Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2012 (Original Parts) - Rating: 10

:Sport:
You are ranking these mirrors Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2012 - Rating: 10 the highest.
Is your ranking based mostly on looks or on the ability to see the traffic?
And 1 more question - do these mirrors require any drilling?
Thank you very much.

Alex6

I'm definitely a fan of how the 250 mirrors look with the lines of our bike. I second the question if the bolts line up with the holes on our bikes.
My UN-educated guess is that since Kawasaki ZX6 mirrors fit the FZ6R without any modifications than the Kawi 250R mirrors should fit as well.
But that can be confirmed with the Kawi shop.

KordyKing

Definitely a fan of those 250 mirrors assuming no drilling is required and that 10/10 rating incorporates visibility. Is this the case??

darksidefz6r

I too would like to know how the visibility is with the ninja 250 mirrors compared to stock.