whats YOUR favorite "ride location"??

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

ChUcK

Don't go to Hawaii. You won't be able to go back home. As Newman said "the most coveted route of all; the air is so moist you don't even have to lick the stamps".
I agree, skip Hawaii. I had the chance to ride around Oahu, and it was a bit disappointing. Never got the rented Sportster out of 2nd gear, circumnavigated the island in no time at all, and the roads are filled with tourist-rented cars.

The whole exploration/adventure/trek aspect of a ride is missing from such small island rides. It feels more like you are touring a confined amusement park. I also rode in Guam for a few years, and it led to Moto Cabin Fever like a mutha.

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member
Yep , is Big Red indigenous to Texas ?
Would love to move to Dublin (Texas) and have a pipe piped into the house straight from the DP place there . :D
Yessir it is a Texas thing. When I got married my dad ordered cases of Big Red in glass bottles and brought them out to Vegas for us to have something Texas at our wedding. We actually did our toast with Big Red bottles. Nectar o' the Gods, it is. :D

stuna

Personally I havent gone on any trips yet since I just recently purchased the bike, but I travel every year and have been to every state in the country except hawaii. I know there are alot of cool tourism things to do when your driving a car through these states but there are so many things only the "locals" know about for riding....

Please post up your favorit area to ride and where its at, and why its your favorite. If you have any pics please post a few so we have an idea of why its your favorite...visually as well.

Personally from minnesota I think a trip up the north shore near duluth would be an excellent ride especially during late june, and during september!

View attachment 21660

View attachment 21661

As you can see there is great scenery ;)

Google map showing north shore road to follow
HEY THATS ALMOST OUT MY BACK DOOR . S/WEST WIS . HIT THE BACK ROADS , HU BACK HILLS AND CORNERS YE HA :wav:
NORTH SHOR HIT HY 1 TO ELY AND BACK . LOOK FOR MOOSE

dcBear78

Show us your route

Have a favourite riding route? Share it with the rest of us...

Ride to Many Peaks Pub

This is my favourite ride in my area. Unfortunately my area isn't particularly endowed with good riding roads. It is either straight boring highway or crap roads.

Did this ride for the 2nd time on the weekend with a mate on his Triumph Speed Triple. Some sections of the road are pretty bumpy, but the area around the bottom end of Lake Awonga has long winding perfect new roads. On the way back I found I was doing 140kph and accelerating through these corners.

There are some straights to really wind it out. Blind, crested turns into a single lane bridge (and I am on the give way side) for those "ohh shit moments." And a nice old pub at the destination for a steak, beer and a chat to the locals before heading back.

It is popular with riders, especially on a Sunday. There is usually a bank of bikes parked out the front.

Unfortunately the road from Many Peaks to Monto isn't sealed. Otherwise the loop to Many Peaks > Monto > Biloela > Gladstone would be an awesome ride.

So, show me all your awesome riding locations and why you like them.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator

Crocop43

OUTER BANKS NORTH CAROLINA
this place is visually stunning along with some cool stuff to check out along the way such as lighthouse and the wright brother museum(guys who first flew a plane for those who dont know)

it also has good roads a ways off the beach.......trust me if u make the trip ull love it.

then my home town of virginia beach is a close 2nd it has some good areas also, if ur into city riding.

Cmltoe

When I first got the bike a few weeks back, I googled for the best twisties in Connecticut and low and behold, the top rated one (marked in red) was 3 miles away from me! I have no fear of releasing this since no matter what time I go to that road, I see at least 50 other bikes during the 36 mile lap.

I'll never forget riding the road for the first time, nervous about every turn. I saw three separate headlights about a mile back on a straight away. Within about 10 seconds, they were on me, and politely passed me as I pulled off to the side as much as possible. Around the next turn was a straight away and by the time I got to it, they were nowhere to be seen. That taught me real quick how far I had to go to have decent cornering skills.

Might as well paste a link since trying to attach an image with the url didn't work out too well (technologically illiterate).....

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/ct_west.html

Last edited:

Verradar1

US 129 "The Dragon's Tail", with 318 curves in 11 miles (Some of which hairpin) what motorcyclist wouldn't love. Thats where my profile picture is from aswell. Ive run it a few times now, only messed up once got a few scratches and the wind knocked out of me but I was going a bit faster than i should have been.

dndfindley

US 129 "The Dragon's Tail", with 318 curves in 11 miles (Some of which hairpin) what motorcyclist wouldn't love. Thats where my profile picture is from aswell. Ive run it a few times now, only messed up once got a few scratches and the wind knocked out of me but I was going a bit faster than i should have been.
Amen to that! You're only about 20 miles from here. I do the Dragon frequently. Other great rides in the area are the Cherohala Skyway and the Sequatchie Valley from Pikeville, TN to Jasper, TN. David Sequatchie Valley: Crossville to South Pittsburg Topo Map

Cmltoe

You lucky bastards! I'm already planning a trip with my brother to visit the Dragon's Tail!

Crocop43

You lucky bastards! I'm already planning a trip with my brother to visit the Dragon's Tail!
Yeah I've been there also....recently for a matter a fact....good ride and great twistys but I didn't enjoy it as much as everyone hyped it up to be I was expecting to go all Ricky Bobby through there but my buddies were well let's just say had some sand in the crotch areA

JonKerr

Elite Member