whats YOUR favorite "ride location"??

CrazyCawi

Personally I havent gone on any trips yet since I just recently purchased the bike, but I travel every year and have been to every state in the country except hawaii. I know there are alot of cool tourism things to do when your driving a car through these states but there are so many things only the "locals" know about for riding....

Please post up your favorit area to ride and where its at, and why its your favorite. If you have any pics please post a few so we have an idea of why its your favorite...visually as well.

Personally from minnesota I think a trip up the north shore near duluth would be an excellent ride especially during late june, and during september!

View attachment 21660

duluth2.jpg

As you can see there is great scenery ;)

Google map showing north shore road to follow

Last edited:

owldaddy

Since riding on my favorite roads depends a lot on traffic (or the lack of it) I don't let others know where the best roads IMO are. Once they become popular with a lot of other riders, I have to find new roads in order to avoid the crowds. I'm selfish.:) Just look at that mess on Palomar to understand where I'm coming from.

CrazyCawi

My intentions were based moreso for the people looking to do some traveling or newer to the areas. So far ive only ridden in town and on the freeway, no where special because I dont know of any places really other than the duluth trip I mentioned above.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

We have several nice back roads around , one we like to go on goes to a quaint little place that serves burgers in a store built in 1908 , nice ride good food and can get retro Big Red made with real Sugar there no HFC .
My favorite is a winding road near us , if I lead my wife always has to rein me in because I love corners .
We rode Saturday and I lead (like to keep rookies in front that way I can see if they fall), most enjoyable ride in long time , wife is more comfortable with her bike (runs better after re-jetting and pod filters) , and I can now ride as I normally do .

We have several nice back roads around , one we like to go on goes to a quaint little place that serves burgers in a store built in 1908 , nice ride good food and can get retro Big Red made with real Sugar there no HFC .
My favorite is a winding road near us , if I lead my wife always has to rein me in because I love corners .
We rode Saturday and I lead (like to keep rookies in front that way I can see if they fall), most enjoyable ride in long time , wife is more comfortable with her bike (runs better after re-jetting and pod filters) , and I can now ride as I normally do .
Big Red, huh? Are you in Texas?

e.blackadder

Here's a pick of the overlook of Waikiki and Diamond Head at the top.
Oh, I hate you. Lemme take a pic of cold, sideways rain to throw at you...

If I ever come into sufficient money it will be Honolulu, or Malibu, CA for me in an instant (or both for variety).

Back to the world of dreams...

DakinechicK

Did a 25 day motorcycle tour around/through/across the south island of New Zealand. Only one word to describe it... AMAZING.

Unfortunately, now, nothing will ever compare to the twisties and beauty of NZ, though we are still searching hehe. It was worth every penny spent, and I'm sure we will do it again someday! Next time I'll ride on my own bike instead of on the back, though. (But I DID enjoy riding on the back without the worry of having to pay attention to the road :D....)

If you ever get the opportunity... you MuSt!!!

JSP

Super Moderator
This is my absolute favorite ride!

Mitchell, Fossil, Spray Oregon loop!!! It is a huge ride, all day. Absolutely gorgeous scenery. Here are some pictures and a vid of me riding some small section of it. Beautiful...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFgDM7DTpU]YouTube - Fossil Oregon Ride2 FZ6R HD GoPro 5-30-10[/ame]

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Jay -- The music you have in your video is what I hear all the time in my head!! :rof:

JSP

Super Moderator

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Jay, I didn't see a WalMart or a Home Depot anywhere. What the hell? :justkidding:
I love nice long winding roads. Is speed an option out there or strickly enforced?
The little towns are a hoot to stop and eat in. Great people. Hell, Fossil Oregon is something like population 470.

Never seen an officer at all out there while riding. Couple times we see them in the small towns and they stop and talk to us while we are eating. They are just amazed and in awe at the bikes and act like little kids in a candy store walking around oogling over them. :D The officers are great people as well.