what's one thing you tell yam fix on the 6

creggur

i understand now thanks.... but how come honda never seem to have them. lol
:Sport: Because Hondas RULE! Sorry, guys - couldn't resist...

Roaddawg

I wish they offered the side case luggage, like for the European bikes, as an optional accessory (see pic). Also, front shock adjustability would be nice, but increase the price.

Attachments

Funkmaxtor

Stiffer suspension and a little more horsepower are my big additions. I wouldn't mind seeing a factory steering stabilizer either.

ajskillz13

CENTER STAND!!!! At least make the part available in the States. Now I've gotta sweet talk some dealer in Canada to send me one. Seems like it should have been stock, though. Just very disappointing for me, considering I am going to have to figure out a way to maintain my chain by myself. Yea, I know I can get a swingarm stand, but that seems like way too much work without a pit crew.

Insure Gal

I would make the battery a little bit easier to access.

Having to unscrew those little screws in the seat is just a pain in the #*#

Spunky99

I'd like some more storage area. I have enough room for a baggie with the registration and insurance card wrapped in a small shop towel wedged between the tool bag in the rear cowl. That's it?...

spider2k

Elite Member

Stephenfz6r

The grab rail in the back could be reworked so that it could actually be useful for passengers, the FZ8 handles would be a nice change.

As far as vibration goes, I haven't really noticed any. I ride with earplugs and heavy gloves so maybe I have isolated myself from the vibration.

Other than that I am happy with the bike, I actually like the exhaust, no leg burns, no noise, silent departures at 5AM-happy neighbors.:thumbup:

ry-mac75

Grab bar for sure, rear sets, better seat options for sure. Maybe jazz up the handle bar somehow - they look so... blah. I'd also like to see a slightly fatter rear tire and a dual undertail like the fz6

redwing-2001

all of the above and:
fix the the ugly gap when the seat is raised to high position

The Spin Doctor

The footpegs are too far forward. The bars are too wide. And the bike's 50lbs too heavy - far heavier than my CB600F Hornet.

If the footpegs are vibrating, check your chain tension when sitting on the bike - or more accurately get someone else to check it!

It's likely to be too tight or there's a tight spot developing.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Superzoom

Back to the original question: Better suspension with adjustablity. Not having pre-load at least in the front is just plain lazy. Its a minimum.
I can't think of any other budget bikes with adjustable front preload. So having it would be an oddity and would definitely raise the price of the bike.

Last edited:

Fogride

I'd like a gear indicator and adj. clutch lever to match brake lever. If I wanted any more I bought the wrong bike.

The Spin Doctor

:confused::confused:

That's what most people like about this bike... it's comfortable:D

Though I could probably add to the my earlier list, that some amount of adjustment to the pegs be available.
Riding positions are pretty personal. I'm looking into lowering shortening the bars. But I can't see any rear-sets appearing any time soon for this model. My benchmark is my Honda Hornet CB600FS (faired model), which is very similar in many ways.

I do ride quite a lot of long rides, and I rode the Yam to the Dordogne (France) and back earlier this summer, that's about 500 miles each way from the Channel coast, using a a cross-country (ie, twisty!) route that avoided the major towns, and it took me about 10 hours each way with only refuelling breaks.

To be fair, I wasn't particularly achy (the one piece seat we get in the UK is better on than the one on the Hornet, that's for sure) but the narrower bars (it reduces wind pressure on the chest if your arms are more directly ahead of you) and slightly more rear-set pegs on my Hornet would have been more comfortable.

I prefer a riding position that takes a little more weight through the legs and off the backside. The trade-off is a little more tension in the knees, but that's nothing compared to my GSX-R750; mind you, I've done a non-stop 920 mile ride on that from Austria to the Channel ports. :D

Superfly

I can't think of any other budget bikes with adjustable front preload. So having it would be an oddity and would definitely raise the price of the bike.
I know!!! They all need Pre-load hahaha Really though how much could that possibly cost...All youre doing is moving the spring seat down further into the fork. What? 5 bucks? :D

Yeah them rear sets as a removable item would be great. Then I might spend the 200 bucks on the seat cowl...hmmmm maybe not.:rant:

rskinz6r

i would change the exhaust. I would have put an R6 stock exhaust. My brother n law has an 06 R6 and I love the way it sounds stock

Crocop43

Marthy .....do u speak Latin
My 16/38 absolutely sucks on acceleration, but it's a great cruising gear. 80 MPH @ 6000 RPM. Right below the vibration. Work good for me considering the only twisty here is the one out of the garage. I will back off a bit when time is due to change sprockets & chain. I'm aiming for 17/44. It will give me 500 rpm (6500 @ 80)

CAuse all of the above sounds like it to me I have nooooooooo clue what it talking about lol not that mechanical I guess