Thinking about purchasing another bike? POST/ASK/TELL HERE!

short_guy

If $$$ is there... the Aprilia Tuno is a sweet ride too. V4 with a lot of widget.
I've read a few reviews of the new model, and I've got to say that I'm in love with this one. Sadly, being 5'6" may mean having to lower it a little, but that's something I'll worry about in 5 years when my riding ability finally catches up with my dreams :eek:

I'm not sure that kind of horsepower and my wrist are quite compatible yet...

Alex6

Can't stand Spain. They won nothing but they think they are the best ever.

I like german soccer. They are very effective.
:hijack:
We all have our preferences in the teams we like or dislike, but saying that Spain won nothing was a bit of a stretch, don't you think? After all winning both the WC and EC is hardly nothing. It is all there is to win in the game of football.:backtotopic:

danieljardim

:hijack:
We all have our preferences in the teams we like or dislike, but saying that Spain won nothing was a bit of a stretch, don't you think? After all winning both the WC and EC is hardly nothing. It is all there is to win in the game of football.:backtotopic:
When they have 5 cups like BRAZIL they can brag about something. :rolleyes:

Spunky99

Now the insurance co. is killing me. After I found out that the DIAVEL insurance is only 600 a year. I can't stop looking at her.

I even pick the red one to make my wife happy. :steve:
That thing looks like a tractor...Paint it green and put a John Deer logo on it.

arse

How much is my bike worth?

hey guys, was going to wait until next year for another upgrade, but alas the hp bug is really going around here....

just looking to get some input on what i should be asking for/ settling for.

its a 2011 raven, FE & integrated tail, ninja mirrors, tank pad, and painted windscreen. other than that stock

shes got 3k miles at the moment, i will try to have it gone by the 5k mark, so a few weeks for me.

any input is appreciated. thanks.

DakinechicK

:shakehead:

Didn't you JUST get the bike???? Who cares what other people are getting... stick with this one for a while. It's a great bike!

Anyway, there are many threads on how much people are selling them for. I might just merge this thread with all the other "HP BUG" threads.

:rolleyes:

arse

yes i just got it, i also got an exceptionally good deal. I've got 20,000 miles under my belt, and i commute by freeway 6 days a week at the moment, and dont see myself ever not having to commute via expressway. I was in the market for a cbr1000 when i bought this bike because of the price tag...

arse

and i know its a good bike, its just balls slow :D

edit: with my 220 lbs self on it

Last edited:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

danieljardim

The ducati dealer only wants to give me 4200 for the bike.. I think is too low. I would have to sell it privately first to get at least 5000 for it. so no ducati for me this year. next year maybe.

vkamnev

Liter bike

So, today I went to dealership to take a look at some new gear and also notice their little section with only liter bikes. That were: Kawi, Suzuki and Yamaha. They used to have BMW, but I guess they are sold out. On the other floor was also Aprilla, though I don't like them at all (some experience with Italian assembly quality). What I notice:

Yamaha R1: just no! I really wanted to upgrade to R1 when time comes, but I just hate these little cheap things Yamaha uses to keep price low. same on 6R, but at least it's budget bike. Also I don't quite fit right on a bike, arm are just in the air, tank is too slim.

Kawi ZX-1R: I love the look, reviews are also positive, but seriously, that paint and plastic quality is just unbearable. It fits me perfectly, but that appearance details for 15k bike are not acceptable.

Suzuki GSX-1000R (? not quite sure I wrote the model right): All good, I love these blinkers, nobody can beat Suzuki in their placement. Exhaust pipe isn't quite right, but it's managable. I almaost made my mind, but then I looked at the specs, all that power, no ABS, no Traction Control. Maybe, experienced rider doesn't need them. But I do.

Honda (tried that one before): simply small, as all hondas. Ducati is small as well.

So, is BMW only one option? Really can't think of any other liter bike. If it is, i'd rather keep 6R city commuting for a while and buy a good cruiser for longer rides.