Thinking about purchasing another bike? POST/ASK/TELL HERE!

EsrTek

Here some bikes I been thinking about, or recently found researching...

Yami R6S (not the normal r6)
GSX 650F
CBR F4I

Any thoughts or experience w/ these bikes, and how do the compare to the FZ6R?

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

EsrTek

I rode a ninja 650, and agree w everything you said, I wouldn't buy it.
If the GSX is heavier, then I think I rather get another 6r.
I'm really leaning towards the r6s, as I luv the yami build quality, but hard to find good info on the bike. Everything comes up w more r6 (the SS) reviews etc, however the R6S is hard to find... the nearest one to me at this point is a 3hr drive.
The F4I is one I have always wanted, but hard to find one w/o high mileage or crashed multiple times :(

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

latony007

cruiser upgrade

well im still working on upgrading my cruiser and was stuck on the vulcan 900 but then started considering shadow 750s but now am looking hard at a 2005 suzuki C50 (800cc) with only 4k miles. its the only fuel injected model of them until you hit 08 on the shadow and vulcan i think, before then everything carbs. If anyone has any experience with it let me know.
thanks

Maadi

Fz1???

My Yamaha dealer has two FZ1's available right now:

2009:
- 5000 miles
- $6999
- stock
- black, naked

2006:
~16400 miles
- $5499
- FE, flush mount signals
- carbon fiber exhaust (can't remember make)
- black puig screen
- red, with full fairing

I am seriously considering trading in my FZ6R for one of them.
My riding style: I commute on my bike a lot, ~45 min one way, of which half is highway. Also do a lot of weekend fun riding and am planning to do more long rides in the future. (We are thinking about riding to my husband's sister's wedding in Pennsylvania in October.)

So, my questions are:

Should I? (gas mileage, weight as deterrents - weight as in it's a bit heavier than the FZ6R, and I'd like a lighter bike than what I have now)

If I should, which one?

I really like the red one, but the 2009 is supposed to not have frame/throttle issues.

They would give me ~$4000-4500 for my trade-in. I would have to buy the rack to put my Givi cases on it, at ~$250.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member
Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Maadi,
You stated you want something lighter,
Try looking at different bikes,
(I def reccomend Suzuki SV1000S:D)

the FZ1S is similar weight to FZ6R but way more gusto.
If sticking with FZ1S go the red one as it already has a few goodies on it, thus saving you $.
It is a Gen II which means good frame etc
But look around you should be able to find plenty with similar or better deals, esp private sales & then sell your FZ6R privately.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Maadi

So I got over my FZ1 bug, finally, and moved on to consider more realistic options. Fortunately. FZ1 would have been fun but there was no other reason for me to get one...

I held high hopes for the FZ-07, even though it would have been tough to get side cases on it immediately. Couldn't find a rack made for it, as much as I tried. And then, yesterday, went to the local dealer and.. TaDa! They had one in. A very pretty red one.

I sat on it and found out immediately that it is not the bike for me. It's really great looking, but WAY too small! It's going to be great for people shorter than me (5'7), but the knee angle was too sharp for my arthritic right knee.

Very cute and light, though. Reminded me of a 250cc. :)

blkbrd

Elite Member

Malicioso

I've also been bit!

Though I have to wait till March next year to upgrade due to restriction laws here in Aus, but I've contemplated on what my next bike will be, have narrowed it down to 07-13 YZF-R6 (they are all the same), 12-13 Triumph Daytona 675R, 09-11 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R or an 09-10 Suzuki GSXR 750 because I like the headlight shape better than the new gixxers...

Can't wait for when the time comes to go test ride them all

Bert-Aus

There have been rumours of a new triple engine SS that will replace the R6 & R1 for the last couple years.

As to whether it is wishful thinking & rumour mill or fact; I dont know. The recent release of the MT/FZ-09 & 07 have spurred these rumours further.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

latony007

I'm currently in a massive debate with myself about whether or not I'd like to start shopping for the next bike. The problem is, I like the FZ6R alot!! The top 2 on my list are the FZ1 or the Ninja 1000. I have not ridden either bike, but alot of the reviews tend to favour the Kawi.
im with you, the only bikes really that are steps up that have a normal riding position. I have been staring at these adds for new fz1s for like 8000 and its making me drool. On another thread someone was showing a sport tourer that could be coming out with the fz-09 engine. It looks pretty sweet and a smaller easier to handle than an fjr1300.

RoadTrip

I've also been bit!

Though I have to wait till March next year to upgrade due to restriction laws here in Aus, but I've contemplated on what my next bike will be, have narrowed it down to 07-13 YZF-R6 (they are all the same), 12-13 Triumph Daytona 675R, 09-11 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R or an 09-10 Suzuki GSXR 750 because I like the headlight shape better than the new gixxers...

Can't wait for when the time comes to go test ride them all
Of course I am going to rccmd the gixxer, I am biased :). The reason being is it is a very friendly supersport but still allows lots of time on the learning curve. You get enough power, you never really feel short, good off the bottom and plenty of top end; you can basically sit upright if you put one hand on the tank, to give your back a break if needed; and its not a nervous bike, it may not flick as hard as the ZX6R or R6, but just a bit of entry planning and it is very stable in the corners, doesn't want to run wide, doesn't feel like it is falling down, very easy bike to ride, but also rewarding enough to keep you interested and learning.

latony007

Of course I am going to rccmd the gixxer, I am biased :). The reason being is it is a very friendly supersport but still allows lots of time on the learning curve. You get enough power, you never really feel short, good off the bottom and plenty of top end; you can basically sit upright if you put one hand on the tank, to give your back a break if needed; and its not a nervous bike, it may not flick as hard as the ZX6R or R6, but just a bit of entry planning and it is very stable in the corners, doesn't want to run wide, doesn't feel like it is falling down, very easy bike to ride, but also rewarding enough to keep you interested and learning.
id love to have a gixxer if i was 20 and laying on the tank all the time would not bother my back. In fact Suzuki is having demo rides about an hour from here on the 30th and the 750 is the first one i want on. What really gets me is that the lay on the tank riding position doesnt get you anything. I mean if your a top racer on the track where .01 seconds makes a big difference then i get it, but for carving the canyons and driving on the freeway to get to the canyon there just is no point imo.

Fizzer6R

I've narrowed my list down to about 10 possibilities - can anyone lend me some $ ? :D

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member