Thinking about purchasing another bike? POST/ASK/TELL HERE!

jocampo

The FZ09 will go down as ine if the best bang for the $$$ bike ever built. The bike is not perfect but very close.

I got a 2008-10 ZX-10 rear shock for $65 off ebay. Then spend another $90.00 for a set of fork springs + 10W fork oil. Suspension is perfect to me. The other issue is the jerky throttle. Removing the throttle play help a bit and the EJK fuel controller that I got ready fix about 90% of the issue. 50 Ft/lb of torque @ 3K rpm take a bit to get use to. Need ro be gentle on the throttle. Theres already some guys that been crashing there bike leaving the dealership. A few more just got over their head. The bike is wicked fast 0-100 mph. Just as fast as most liter bike out there... I read somewhere that the 09 is about 0.1 sec off the Busa @ 100mph.

The next thing on my list is the seat. I will give it a 7/10. All I want to do is removing the down slope a bit.

The bike is all engine... only bad thing I can say about the 09 is its not made to ride 2 up. Unless your girl weight about 100-110 lbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Read that the throttle issue is fixed when in B mode, is that right ? Also, I'm 5' 10 and when I seated on one, I found it taller than the ST.

I barely pushed my ST when I had it; I was hit before I end the break-in period, sniff, sniff ... but somehow, the ST was predictable. Way more torque than the fz6r but very predictable.

BoneJj

The FZ09 will go down as ine if the best bang for the $$$ bike ever built. The bike is not perfect but very close.

I got a 2008-10 ZX-10 rear shock for $65 off ebay. Then spend another $90.00 for a set of fork springs + 10W fork oil. Suspension is perfect to me. The other issue is the jerky throttle. Removing the throttle play help a bit and the EJK fuel controller that I got ready fix about 90% of the issue. 50 Ft/lb of torque @ 3K rpm take a bit to get use to. Need ro be gentle on the throttle. Theres already some guys that been crashing there bike leaving the dealership. A few more just got over their head. The bike is wicked fast 0-100 mph. Just as fast as most liter bike out there... I read somewhere that the 09 is about 0.1 sec off the Busa @ 100mph.

The next thing on my list is the seat. I will give it a 7/10. All I want to do is removing the down slope a bit.

The bike is all engine... only bad thing I can say about the 09 is its not made to ride 2 up. Unless your girl weight about 100-110 lbs.

An interesting comment there. I've got the N1k and it's quite nice 2 up. I've had a couple ladies on there with me now and it seems to be holding well with them up to about 160 or so. What's so bad about the 9 that it doesn't like real women?

arse

My :real woman: weighs 105. Perfect :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

160... MPH, KMP or lbs? LOL

That bike is not a bike to ride 2 up more than a quick ice cream run. My wife is 1/2 Portuguese... that end up to be the bottom half fortunately :)

LOL, seeing as the N1k tops out at 154mph before the computer says no. It would be Pounds, I'm a big guy so I like girls with meat.

And nice on the other comment, can't go wrong there. I'm currently working that ride out your direction but I'm trying to get a friend or two to join. If they don't I'm just going to hop on and ride by myself.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

latony007

another cruiser

I really want to sell my Suzuki for a bigger bike, this is top on my list right now. I only use it for 2 up, ride the fz6r if no one is with me, so want something better for 2 up riding. Anyone have one or know anyone with one of these kawi 900s?

Kawasaki Vulcan 900; 2008 with Low Miles!!

ylwf3vr

I really want to sell my Suzuki for a bigger bike, this is top on my list right now. I only use it for 2 up, ride the fz6r if no one is with me, so want something better for 2 up riding. Anyone have one or know anyone with one of these kawi 900s?

If you enjoyed the S40.. have you looked at the C50? I checked one out here before getting the 6R.. seemed pretty nice.. never got to riding it though. Seemed little big on me

latony007

If you enjoyed the S40.. have you looked at the C50? I checked one out here before getting the 6R.. seemed pretty nice.. never got to riding it though. Seemed little big on me
You had an S40 too didnt you? I have seen them, its a nice looking bike, same with the M50 which I think is pretty much the same just modern look instead of the classic look. They are 800cc and for about the same price I figured I might as well go up to a 9 or 950. And I just don't see as many used ones around here. hasn't been ruled out though. Gotta find someone to buy my S40 first. What did you get for yours, year/milage?

Suzuki Bandit 1200 will most likely be my next bike. Unless I can pick up a used R6/R1. I plan on giving my best friend my 6r when I move up to something more beefy

latony007

Suzuki Bandit 1200 will most likely be my next bike. Unless I can pick up a used R6/R1. I plan on giving my best friend my 6r when I move up to something more beefy
You are a good best friend to have then! I think my only options to upgrade the sport bike one day are the fz1 or the kawi 1000 which I believe both are upright. My back would not be good with the lay down types. I sat on a Ducati Diavel I think at the show and man that was comfy for me so id that to the list but Im not sure which model or how many millions the run. I don't see that at any point in the future right now though. Eventually id like to replace my cruiser with a can am spyder.

ylwf3vr

You had an S40 too didnt you? I have seen them, its a nice looking bike, same with the M50 which I think is pretty much the same just modern look instead of the classic look. They are 800cc and for about the same price I figured I might as well go up to a 9 or 950. And I just don't see as many used ones around here. hasn't been ruled out though. Gotta find someone to buy my S40 first. What did you get for yours, year/milage?
Yep.. sold mine for.... $2700 with 9128 miles. (posted it for $2800)

latony007

Yep.. sold mine for.... $2700 with 9128 miles. (posted it for $2800)
what year was it? You ever double up on it? it runs fine not like its a power issue its just small. I mean I am too but would like something a bit bigger. I am asking 3500 obo for mine, its a 2009 with 3850 miles. it also has the sissy bar back rest, saddle bags, removeable windscreen and grips.

BoneJj

I be the one to give you the bad news on this one. The Vulcan 900 has a lot less balls than your 600. The motor on the 900 has a good amount of toque but has a lot less horse power. If you want a V-twin bike then you will want something at least 1300cc IMHO. Especially for 2 up riding.

Granted you can do 2 up on a 900 but it's not as good as it could be as far as I consider it. I owned one and just always wanted more out of it.

Also stay away from any bike with floor boards if you are in the habit of taking corners hard you will scrape the boards on nearly every corner. Jut saying...

latony007

I be the one to give you the bad news on this one. The Vulcan 900 has a lot less balls than your 600. The motor on the 900 has a good amount of toque but has a lot less horse power. If you want a V-twin bike then you will want something at least 1300cc IMHO. Especially for 2 up riding.

Granted you can do 2 up on a 900 but it's not as good as it could be as far as I consider it. I owned one and just always wanted more out of it.

Also stay away from any bike with floor boards if you are in the habit of taking corners hard you will scrape the boards on nearly every corner. Jut saying...
i appreciate the advice, i dont think the vulcan could have less balls than my suzuki 650 though?? less than the FZ6R of course, only cruiser i have ridden that had any speed was the vrod. But i will have the FZ6R for me as my main ride and then the vulcan for taking my wife and kid around. How about the shadows? i really like them but figured if im going to move up might as well go more than 100 cc.

ylwf3vr

what year was it? You ever double up on it? it runs fine not like its a power issue its just small. I mean I am too but would like something a bit bigger. I am asking 3500 obo for mine, its a 2009 with 3850 miles. it also has the sissy bar back rest, saddle bags, removeable windscreen and grips.
That's a good deal. Mine was 09 as well. I put dyna muffler on and had her tuned.

Never had anyone on it besides me. It was a good little bike. Sold it to an older gentlemen who wants it for commuting. He has had surgery on his leg so the weight of the bike was perfect.. Not too heavy.

Also sold him the other BT helmet for 100

BoneJj

i appreciate the advice, i dont think the vulcan could have less balls than my suzuki 650 though?? less than the FZ6R of course, only cruiser i have ridden that had any speed was the vrod. But i will have the FZ6R for me as my main ride and then the vulcan for taking my wife and kid around. How about the shadows? i really like them but figured if im going to move up might as well go more than 100 cc.
You should look up the hp and tq specs for the vulcan it's considerably less than the 650 motor on the bike you are talking about.

v-twin motors are not very efficient motors, at least how they are designed for the cruiser bikes. I'm a fairly big guy and I don't often find little women to ride with me so the 900 wasn't a good option for me.

As for the Shadows they have the same style of motor now, so their power output is a lot less than it used to be. The Stryker is a good bike. My friend had the 1300cc stryker and that had just enough power to make it enjoyable while not too much that it wasn't controllable. It's hard to compare v-twins to inline motors or even parallel twins because the motors perform drastically different.

Also the vulcan 900 struggles to get up past 80mph. It's kind of pitiful IMO.

If you are tiny and your passenger is as well it may not be a problem for you but it all just depends on how you like to ride. If you have problems with 2 up on a 600 or 650 you may want to reconsider a v-twin 900 and start thinking v-twin 1300.