Thinking about purchasing another bike? POST/ASK/TELL HERE!

latony007

I don't see anyone laying on the tank of their SS's :). I never do. There's really no reason to. You get used to the position after 500-1000 miles or so.
i knew you would chime in :)
you must have looooong arms lol. Well i will hopefully get my first shot on one at the end of the month if i get my butt up early enough to get out there on time.

On another subject real quick how did your trip out here and rental ride go?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Malicioso

Of course I am going to rccmd the gixxer, I am biased :). The reason being is it is a very friendly supersport but still allows lots of time on the learning curve. You get enough power, you never really feel short, good off the bottom and plenty of top end; you can basically sit upright if you put one hand on the tank, to give your back a break if needed; and its not a nervous bike, it may not flick as hard as the ZX6R or R6, but just a bit of entry planning and it is very stable in the corners, doesn't want to run wide, doesn't feel like it is falling down, very easy bike to ride, but also rewarding enough to keep you interested and learning.
Yeah that's what I've been told about them, I have only sat on them and straight away I can say the gixxer feels like it would be the more comfortable bike to ride, the 675 R feels funny as its quite tall and narrow and with the R6 I almost have to be on the front of my feet to reach the ground (I'm 5ft 6). Also a work colleague was telling me of the time he owned a GSXR 1000 and how it was too much bike for the street and commuting around, he said I'd probably get bored of a 600 bike and that I'd be better off with the 750.

Bert-Aus

i knew you would chime in :)
you must have looooong arms lol. Well i will hopefully get my first shot on one at the end of the month if i get my butt up early enough to get out there on time.

On another subject real quick how did your trip out here and rental ride go?
There is no "laying on tanks" until you take it on the track

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

The trip was great, they changed my bike from a gsxr 600 which I wish they hadnt, to a Ducati 848 which I hated. I don't like twins. It handled well, but vibrated so much, it was quite annoying. The roads out there are amazing though.

Exactly.
i think the 4s are way smoother too but i would have had fun trying a ducati. Glad you had a good trip.

And i agree that on the track is the only place you need to lay on the tank, however with my arm length and height i cant reach the grips without laying on it. You must be all normal height people lol

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Malicioso

With regards to position the sales rep at Yamaha while looking at an R6 said it's a matter of getting used to the bike and position. The position makes me feel like I should start hitting the gym to strengthen my upper body, got 6~7months before I upgrade, plenty of time to work them muscles lol

RoadTrip

I actually really like the R6, its a crazy screamer, its a Yamaha, and it looks great. But, I went with the gixxer cause I like long rides, I was worried the aggressive ergos on the R6 were too 'committed'.

If you are gonna ride no more than a few hours, I think the R6 would be fine, but a 5hour ride might start to get painful in the last hour of the ride. I have to ride quite a bit to get to my favorite roads.

But, who knows you may eventually acclimate and have no issue with the R6, it really is a special bike, most peeps shy away because of the ergos and top end oriented power band, but on the right road it is likely more stimulating and rewarding than the gixxer.

There are some good comments for this video (of course, I don't condone riding like this on the streets).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tunDaKN4SLw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tunDaKN4SLw[/ame]

Bert-Aus

With regards to position the sales rep at Yamaha while looking at an R6 said it's a matter of getting used to the bike and position. The position makes me feel like I should start hitting the gym to strengthen my upper body, got 6~7months before I upgrade, plenty of time to work them muscles lol
If you ride the R6 by muscling it around corners -you're gonna have a few dust ups!
Counter steer and tip in.
Focus your training on getting a solid core to brace your weight & bike through your knees

Bert-Aus

Anyone looking for a good step up bike from FZ6R/ XJ6 should give the 2014 VFR800 a look.

I got to ride my brothers today and it was pretty good.
Very well put together design, beautifully balanced too -the weight of the bike is unnoticable.
The posture is almost identical to the FZ6R/ XJ6 and it felt about the same width. I could imagine it would be just as easy to throw into corners as my XJ6S was.
Plus heaps of extras come as stock ie heated grips, cruise control, fuel range till empty, traction control (although this seems a bit shit).

Anyhow thats my reflection from about 30mins on it.

latony007

Anyone looking for a good step up bike from FZ6R/ XJ6 should give the 2014 VFR800 a look.

I got to ride my brothers today and it was pretty good.
Very well put together design, beautifully balanced too -the weight of the bike is unnoticable.
The posture is almost identical to the FZ6R/ XJ6 and it felt about the same width. I could imagine it would be just as easy to throw into corners as my XJ6S was.
Plus heaps of extras come as stock ie heated grips, cruise control, fuel range till empty, traction control (although this seems a bit shit).

Anyhow thats my reflection from about 30mins on it.

wow im not sure how i have not noticed this bike before. I have not looked at alot of honda dealers either but i really like the look of this bike, plus its upright, 4cyl, and 800 cc. However its starting price is over 1000 over the FZ1 on the honda site here.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

I'm really hoping Yamaha comes out with a 700/750 SS, only problem is they make the R6 and R1 so high, I don't think they'll be options for me. SO, I will likely upgrade in the next year or two to a newer GSXR 750, probably L0+.
the more reasearch i do on this honda the more i like it. ABS, traction control, 4cyl etc. However its almost 2k over an fz1 and the fz1 you can find great deals on for like 8500 otd. No one is advertising this for less than 13

my nephew test rode the R1 at the test ride even i went to a couple weeks ago and said it was bad ***, he did not like the riding position either though. he owns a street triple.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Surely there are plenty of older VFR's around you can get deals on

latony007

Surely there are plenty of older VFR's around you can get deals on

it looks like they stopped producing it in 06 or something an are just bringing it back in 14. This is certainly going on my list of possible next bikes though since its a pretty small list :) Now i have to look for a Honda Demo day too !
Any ducati that sit upright?

Bert-Aus

Not sure about the states, but since it's original release in the 90's (750cc in first few generations 1986 - 1998) there has been a model every year.

even the second hand VFR's are pretty cool,
it was on my list of considerations for myself when replacing my XJ6S

BigRobb

it looks like they stopped producing it in 06 or something an are just bringing it back in 14. This is certainly going on my list of possible next bikes though since its a pretty small list :) Now i have to look for a Honda Demo day too !
Any ducati that sit upright?
I'm looking at having a hypermotard by the years end. They sit upright. Along with the monsters and diavels.

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk