The DSLR Picture Thread!

JonKerr

Elite Member

0150r

I'm going to end up helping a friend move this weekend. Might have some time this next week to go. I will certainly let you know when/where I go to do it. I'll shoot'em for free because I'm going to need some practice at it...I usually shoot architecture and people, so I'm not sure how my first run through at speeds will be. :cool:

0150r

The only time I spent on a bike this weekend was with my bicycle down in Pacific Beach taking a few pictures of surfers...

I like the guy in the background of this one

I was trying out my manual focus f/8 500m lens and got this one a little out of focus, but with a little editing, I'm pleased with the effect.

Lastly, this is me loading up Marthy's maps in preparation for my TBR exhaust to get here this week

Attachments

AngryAnt

Oh man I forgot about this thread. Its been several months, got to play catch up!

/digs through flickr account for the highlights

Gulf coast at my friends wedding:

Video Games Live concert at El Dorado, AR:

My terrible niece at her own birthday party:

Randomness:

I got real big into baking / photography until I gained enough weight I had to stop:

AngryAnt

And last, but not least, our vacation to Europe. Was really proud of some of these. Looking forward to affording prints / frames. The entire trip shot with a single Tamron 18-270mm on a Canon T3i.

London / Dover:

Belgium:

Germany:

Austria:

Italy:

AngryAnt

Switzerland:

France:

bigddy263

Wow Angry you have some serious talent.

AngryAnt

Wow Angry you have some serious talent.
Thanks! I don't really consider myself talented, but I get a little better everytime I take out the camera. Sometimes it's just a game of numbers...I came back from vacation with 5300 photos, and just narrowed those down to the best 100 :)

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

bigddy263

Some shots with my 7D and 55-250 yesterday. Experimenting with depth of field and apeture.

Attachments

bigddy263

How do I make a photo display right in the thread instead of as an attachment?

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

0150r

That's a good deal...the Nikon version is usually somewhere around $800 new. I want so many lenses, it's crazy. I like the 18-200's because they are nice for traveling, but I keep eying up the 70-200 f/2.8's.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Sage

I have a 70-300 from Canon. It is a great lens for shooting some wildlife at a medium distance. kinda suffers if you are a long distance and can't get closer w/o spooking them though... have tried a few times with deer haha

0150r

I have a 500mm f/8 that works alright for long range. If that doesn't get me out far enough, I have a 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverter to add on to it. I got a few shots of ships from 3-4 miles away with that setup. The only downside is that is constant aperture and manual focus.

Grumpy

Would slide scans count in this thread. :confused: