The DSLR Picture Thread!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Had a little visitor tonight... by the time anyone told me, the whole family had gone out to "see" him and scared him off a ways out into the woods, apparently he "WAS" right by the porch :(

Only YOU can prevent forest fires!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

vkamnev

ladies too :)

Attachments

Enjarin

Elite Member

bigddy263

Some great pic on here guys. When I get some worthy ones with my 7D I will post some.

bigddy263

a quick one

I love this pic.

Attachments

bigddy263

If you own a 7D you should already have some worthy pics ;):p
I guess I should rephrase, when I get some new worthy ones. I've literally got tens of thousands of pics going back to my 10D, and some of them are pretty worthy.

bigddy263

Anyone know any good online companies who do really nice prints? A friend of mine who does weddings says he's used Ritzcamera.com and they've done decent jobs for him. But if I get something good enough to submit for judging, I want to make sure the printing does the image justice.[/QUOTE]

I had a shot printed by ritzcamera also a while back, and was very happy with it. It was a 20x30" from my old 20D 8 megapixel. I worked it in photoshop first and then took it to them. We had a local Ritz at the time. I missed a couple of dust spots in it when I used photoshop, but was really impressed with the overall quality of the print. The picture never looked as good on screen as it does on paper.

Attachments

0150r

Some of the images that were captured, some of them with cameras no more advanced than what I'm using
Most DSLR's are good enough to make amazing pictures. The two biggest factors are the person taking the picture and the lens they use. I can if I used one of my fixed focal length lenses (35mm or 50mm primes) or the kit lens pretty easily on a lot of my photos just based on distortion and clarity.

On a side note, as soon as I get more time off on the weekends, I will be out in the canyons with some of my gear. I've been toying with starting a small 'business' shooting riders and surfers/tourists up in PB. I have one of the credit card readers and an SD card that uses wifi to immediately transfer photos to my ipad. Would have an instant payment/email delivery for $5-10.