No more rabbit ears! MIRRORS MIRRORS

JonKerr

Elite Member

Verranth

Nice Mirrors

Those mirrors do look hot. Sorry I've been away for so long, but I'm back now =)

Anyways, thanks for the pics and for letting us know about your upgrades. For the next riding season, I definitely want to change the Trojans to something else, even if it doesnt have the integrated lights. The solution you came up with seems to be the best IMO. I wish there was a way to carve out the stockers and add lights to them though. That way I keep the great visibility and have the lights up high where everyone could see.

njdan

R6S mirrors are all the same. If you look them up on ebay, you'll get all kinds of generic mirrors that people throw every model on from R6, R6S, GSXR, ZX10, etc... You need to make sure to look for ones that are specifically for the R6S.

These are the ones I bought.
Ordered the same ones as Jonkerr, can't wait to install them.

Roaddawg

Saw these ones on ebay today. They look very adjustable and they have the integrated LED's. They need a rubber boot to cover the base though.

porky45

Saw these ones on ebay today. They look very adjustable and they have the integrated LED's. They need a rubber boot to cover the base though.
i nominate you to be the first one to test them out!:D

Verranth

Those look very similar to the Trojans...let us know if you try, and if you like them.

JonKerr

Elite Member

ninjamon

Is the mirror issue all about cosmetics, or is there something functionally wrong with the stock mirrors? ninjamon

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

ninjamon

Thanks for the quick response JonKerr...nice to know they work well, as long as one does not mind the antennae.

:thumbup: ninjamon

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Those look WAY better than stock mirrors. :thumbup:

porky45

Can someone post a recent link of which R6S mirrors will work with our bike. I know that we have to drill an additional hole, but I want to make sure i'm getting the right ones.

JonKerr

Elite Member

porky45

Just get on Ebay and search R6S mirrors. And make sure they have two mounting posts on them. Some "universal" mirrors have a single post and people tag them with R6 and R6s. As long as they have the two mounting posts, you'll be fine. I tried looking for the ones I bought but the auction seems to have been deleted and can't find the exact ones from that seller.
sweet.

Pretty sure these are good right?

03-08 Yamaha YZF R6 R6S YZFR6 Racing OEM Mirrors Blk : eBay Motors (item 250570778834 end time Feb-03-10 12:10:39 PST)

JonKerr

Elite Member

porky45

perfect! thank you!

porky45

That's them. Even the same seller. I couldn't find him. Must have been typing something wrong. Anyways, yes those are the ones. Just make sure when you drill the extra hole you get it lined up perfectly. Otherwise one mirror will stick out at a different angle than the other one.
Jon - As you sit on the bike. Did you mount the mirrors more towards the front of the bike. or closer to you. You have the option of which hole existing hole to put the post in. Which did you choose?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

tractorboy

Jon - As you sit on the bike. Did you mount the mirrors more towards the front of the bike. or closer to you. You have the option of which hole existing hole to put the post in. Which did you choose?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense.
Porky45...good question...Im about to pull the trigger on a set too and Im wondering the same...

JonKerr

Elite Member