No more rabbit ears! MIRRORS MIRRORS

KADO

i wanted to keep it simple and cheap. $9 for the set on ebay, instal the same only had to drill a hole for 1 stud. really easy and i like them. used of mirror is a 7 out of 10. look is simple and shorter than stock
How is the visibility out of them. Are they about the same as stock and what did you have to drill a hole in?

Verranth

The mirrors are working great. Dont give up fellas... The reason I opt to use the bottom of the stock rubber was because of the thickness!!! That is key!!

Also once your mirror is in the position you like there is a allen head screw on the side. Tighten this screw and the wind is no more! I have not had to retighten once and I ride hard fellas....

Or maybe I am just lucky......use the stock rubber+Tighten screw=success! Dont devate! I am very happy!!
OK! MOTO, you are mostly correct. Though, I didnt see your post until I made the discovery for myself. Now i wish I had PM you or something so I wouldnt have had to re-invent the wheel.

So...my new opinion on the Trojans Integrated:
Looks = really nice :)
Functionality = meh (you cant see directly behind you, unless you touch your elbows together )
Vibration = minimal (the rubber tape I put down worked pretty well and the electrical tape that I wrapped around the other (had to cut slits for the screws) worked just as well too.

Yes, you have to tighten the hell out of them. I actually got them to the point that the screw turns (so taking them out will be really fun). And MOTO is right on the money with the tightening the allen wrench screw thing. That really did the trick.

For me, I'm keeping them, even though they are not as good safety-wise. I'll still upgrade to a different set of mirrors that have longer stalks. About one more inch or so would be great.

Overall...its something to consider. For you guys in the area, like "Area", JSP, and others, you can come take a look, ride the bike if you wish, and decide for yourselves.

(my 2 cents)

area

OK! MOTO, you are mostly correct. Though, I didnt see your post until I made the discovery for myself. Now i wish I had PM you or something so I wouldnt have had to re-invent the wheel.

So...my new opinion on the Trojans Integrated:
Looks = really nice :)
Functionality = meh (you cant see directly behind you, unless you touch your elbows together )
Vibration = minimal (the rubber tape I put down worked pretty well and the electrical tape that I wrapped around the other (had to cut slits for the screws) worked just as well too.

Yes, you have to tighten the hell out of them. I actually got them to the point that the screw turns (so taking them out will be really fun). And MOTO is right on the money with the tightening the allen wrench screw thing. That really did the trick.

For me, I'm keeping them, even though they are not as good safety-wise. I'll still upgrade to a different set of mirrors that have longer stalks. About one more inch or so would be great.

Overall...its something to consider. For you guys in the area, like "Area", JSP, and others, you can come take a look, ride the bike if you wish, and decide for yourselves.

(my 2 cents)
Yeah I'd def like to see these !

Verranth

I'm in Centreville. If you want to meet after work today that would be fine. I'm working from home, so I can meet you around the 28N and RT50 area.
Let me know :)

area

I'm in Centreville. If you want to meet after work today that would be fine. I'm working from home, so I can meet you around the 28N and RT50 area.
Let me know :)
where at exactly? i'm right near that intersection...what time? im at work til 630 or so probably.

Verranth

where at exactly? i'm right near that intersection...what time? im at work til 630 or so probably.
What about the Costco? Can you meet me there at 6:40PM?

Verranth

roidrage

i got pigspotters for mine. no visibility though... u can see ur blind spots but nothing begind u. They look sick though.

demon408

How is the visibility out of them. Are they about the same as stock and what did you have to drill a hole in?
drilled a hole in each side of mounting braket to mount bolt. they are shorter than stock and u get a good range, 6 or 7 out of 10, the first picture i posted in this thread had 1 stock and 1 r6

JonKerr

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone thought about putting GSXR mirrors on their bike? Look like they may fit and will lay down quite a bit more. Plus they have the turn signals like I'm looking for. I'm still planning on buying the Trojan Mirrors when I get some more $$ together. But I'd be interested to see if the GSXR's would work.
You know, I wondered that same thing. I saw a gorgeous white GSXR 750 at the bank the other day and was admiring the integrated signal mirrors. Got me questioning whether they would fit or not.

JonKerr

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Can't wait to see some pics and a video of them in action!

cbzdel

pics or ban..

JonKerr

Elite Member