No more rabbit ears! MIRRORS MIRRORS

Verranth

Those look like they have clear lenses. The other pics I've seen have amber lenses. Is that something you can order specific?
They have amber lense trojans????!! I didnt see that on the flyncycle's listings. :(

BTW, FlynCycle is AWESOME!!! :cheer: They send emails thanking you for your order (and that they recieved it), when they get payment, and when they ship it. That's how every seller should be. I won the bid and payed for it around midnight. The next day, I got 3 emails from them at different times. The last email was the shipped item email. Took 3days (UPS - one day sooner than expected) from Ohio to me standard shipping. The package came in a box, with buble wrap around another box that contained the actual mirrors. Their prices werent bad either :thumbup: The trojans i got with the flashers were ~ $57 shipped.

Last edited:

Verranth

Are you going to try and install those tonight :) ?
YES!!! I'm totally going for it! I dont care if I'm soaked.:p lol..

Actually, no. I dont have a garage, unfortunately. I'll have to wait for some dryer weather. How lame. :(

Verranth

Indeed it has, and I'm out there doing it now...well, i came in to see what Moto had to say about fixing the vibration thing...I'm going to do a seal...but I'm not going to cut up the rubber from the base of the stock mirrors...otherwise, I'll be screwed if I ever want to make the change back :spank:

Verranth

SEE!!!!

I couldnt even finish cause it started raining again. I am blessed that the rain started light, giving me precious time to put some things back on the bike, gather my tools, and get the bike covered.

Thank you God, I love you so much :) :cheer:

---------------------------------------------------------
I didnt want to tripple post, so I'm adding it here....

I went back out today and looked at the bike. I finally got the mirrors in place and I'm ready to make the connections...except I ran out of the connectors.
Hopefully, I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I got a hang over (mild, but annoying).... Thats what I get for drinking so much last night. <-- :spank:

Last edited:

Yone

Where did you get them from?
Right...I can't find them either. Any videos of the signals in action would be super-cool too :popcorn:

demon408

stock r6 mirrors 4 me

i wanted to keep it simple and cheap. $9 for the set on ebay, instal the same only had to drill a hole for 1 stud. really easy and i like them. used of mirror is a 7 out of 10. look is simple and shorter than stock

Attachments

Verranth

Here is a pic of the turn signals

The flush mounts I got are not very bright...they actually kinda suck. The Trojans are... pretty. That's about it. You can hardly see anything useful out of them. You will not be able to see behind you without moving around, and they still shake. I didnt cut the bottom lip of the stock boot, but I did use rubber underneath in order to reduce the vibration. I also tried electrical tape, which worked just as well, maybe even better.

Oh, the pictures make it looks like the mirrors lights are on all the time. They are not daylight runners. Its just a pic for you to see the amber light through the clear lense. Also, you may notice that the turn signals flash out of sequence. The flushies light up when the mirror lights are off. Its actually a pretty cool effect to have them that way. :)

Whatever you do, if you get flush mounts, dont get these. Get the LED bars that go below the air intakes or do something else. These are NOT safe. Once I find a better alternative, I'll be switching back.

Thats my 2 cents :p

Last edited:

Roaddawg

Here is a pic of the turn signals

The flush mounts I got are not very bright...they actually kinda suck. The Trojans are... pretty. That's about it. You can hardly see anything useful out of them. You will not be able to see behind you without moving around, and they still shake. I didnt cut the bottom lip of the stock boot, but I did use rubber underneath in order to reduce the vibration. I also tried electrical tape, which worked just as well, maybe even better.

Whatever you do, if you get flush mounts, dont get these. Get the LED bars that go below the air intakes or do something else. These are NOT safe. Once I find a better alternative, I'll be switching back.

Thats my 2 cents :p
I think the line of the mirrors look good on your bike. Do the lights in the mirrors stay lite as running lights or just flashers?

Verranth

They were not hard to put on, and the wiring is simple enough. I did end up soldering the wires to a thicker pair of wires and using electrical tape. The end connectors I have didnt work too well on the size...22? wire that comes out of the mirrors.

I got these from ebay. There should be a link in this post, or just go to FlynCycle's shop. You'll have to scroll through to find them.

On my way to work today, my left mirror got so loose that the wind pushed the mirrors forward. All I could see from them was a great shot of my left hand gripping the bars.

I'm getting rid of these and going back to the stockers. I think the best solutions for now will be to put amber pod lights in the air scoops and wire them to the flush mount connectors.

Oh, the mirrors only light up when you are turning. They do not double as running lights. (Only 2 wires. 1 for ground, 1 for turn signal.)

Good luck to the rest of you. There goes $54 down the drain :p Not every mod works out well. :cool:

Its a damn shame too, cause I agree with Roaddawg. I really like the way these mirrors look. But I cant get over having nice looking turn signals at the sacrifice of functional mirrors.

I may end up wiring LEDs to the stockers...but of course, the mirrors on those dont look as sweet.

If you think you can install them better, or make them work for you, here is a link. Good luck :p
http://cgi.ebay.com/INTERGRATED-MIRRORS-YAMAHA-YZFR6-YZFR1-YZF-R6-R1-FZR_W0QQitemZ370246961312QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item56347048a0&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

Last edited:

cbzdel

Thouse intigrated mirrors look SWEET!! I am really giving thought to getting a pair!

area

Thouse intigrated mirrors look SWEET!! I am really giving thought to getting a pair!
Yeah I've always been a huge fan of the integrated mirrors...however I'm sad these didn't work out for Verr! I was looking forward to them.

I guess we will have to keep waiting....

M3Sharif

They were not hard to put on, and the wiring is simple enough. I did end up soldering the wires to a thicker pair of wires and using electrical tape. The end connectors I have didnt work too well on the size...22? wire that comes out of the mirrors.

I got these from ebay. There should be a link in this post, or just go to FlynCycle's shop. You'll have to scroll through to find them.

On my way to work today, my left mirror got so loose that the wind pushed the mirrors forward. All I could see from them was a great shot of my left hand gripping the bars.

I'm getting rid of these and going back to the stockers. I think the best solutions for now will be to put amber pod lights in the air scoops and wire them to the flush mount connectors.

Oh, the mirrors only light up when you are turning. They do not double as running lights. (Only 2 wires. 1 for ground, 1 for turn signal.)

Good luck to the rest of you. There goes $54 down the drain :p Not every mod works out well. :cool:

Its a damn shame too, cause I agree with Roaddawg. I really like the way these mirrors look. But I cant get over having nice looking turn signals at the sacrifice of functional mirrors.

I may end up wiring LEDs to the stockers...but of course, the mirrors on those dont look as sweet.

If you think you can install them better, or make them work for you, here is a link. Good luck :p
INTERGRATED MIRRORS YAMAHA YZFR6 YZFR1 YZF-R6 R1 FZR:eBay Motors (item 370246961312 end time Sep-16-09 21:22:04 PDT)
I feel your disappointment man. My right one actually broke off!! Got in touch with Fly-N-Cycle and they agreed to take them back even though they were damaged. I thought, hey what a great company. After sending them back nearly a month ago still no credit.

Moral of the story ..... Don't throw more good money after the bad trying to recoup some of the loss :) Oh well

xXMotoSniperXx

600 miles later!!!

The mirrors are working great. Dont give up fellas... The reason I opt to use the bottom of the stock rubber was because of the thickness!!! That is key!!

Also once your mirror is in the position you like there is a allen head screw on the side. Tighten this screw and the wind is no more! I have not had to retighten once and I ride hard fellas....

Or maybe I am just lucky......use the stock rubber+Tighten screw=success! Dont devate! I am very happy!!

area

The mirrors are working great. Dont give up fellas... The reason I opt to use the bottom of the stock rubber was because of the thickness!!! That is key!!

Also once your mirror is in the position you like there is a allen head screw on the side. Tighten this screw and the wind is no more! I have not had to retighten once and I ride hard fellas....

Or maybe I am just lucky......use the stock rubber+Tighten screw=success! Dont devate! I am very happy!!
Take some pics of your setup close...maybe a how to would help these guys out.

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

Agreed. I have had my Trojans for a few weeks now and have had no problems with defectivness. I recently added the rubber bottoms from the stocks and that did reduce some of the vibration but not all. Still quite happy with my $40 purchase.

area

Agreed. I have had my Trojans for a few weeks now and have had no problems with defectivness. I recently added the rubber bottoms from the stocks and that did reduce some of the vibration but not all. Still quite happy with my $40 purchase.
Does your mirror move at all so you have to re-adjust?