No more rabbit ears! MIRRORS MIRRORS

xXMotoSniperXx

Hey fellow street grinders.. I have caught a few threads in here with some random info and a fe pics of mirrors available for our bike. But nothing thats really got alot of information, pics or links:rant:. If you have this information available lets put IT in this Thread! Lets keep it to MIRRORS ONLY! LOTS OF PICTURES FRIENDS.

Carry on!

MNDZA

Last edited:

xXMotoSniperXx

New mirrors installed

I read the thread on the Trojan Mirrors. I have fixed the problem. To eliminate the vibration that some say essentially wears through the plastic you need to make a seal. ITS SIMPLE!

On the botton of the old rubber sleeve for the stock mirrors is a rubber lip.

Cut this rubber lip off the old sleeve using your regular scissors.

Then it should look like a oval rubber seal, once cut away.

Place this on the paint side of the fairing between the bottom housing of Trojan mirror and the fairing itself.

Now do the regular install. I also use the old nuts from the rabbit ear mirrors instead of the new nuts that came with the Trojan Mirrors.

The mirrors work great! At 120mph (For test purpose only, I dont like that speed nor do I think it is safe) the mirrors had only minimal vibrations, nothing more than with the stocks.

****IMPORTANT****IMPORTANT****IMPORTANT****IMPORTANT****
THESE MIRRORS DO NOT HAVE THE VISIBILITY RANGE OF THE STOCK MIRRORS. THEY LOOK GREAT BUT YOU DO GIVE UP VISIBILTY TO THE REAR. HOWEVER IF YOU ARE HEAD CHECKING ANYWAYS (WHICH YOU SHOULD, ALWAYS)THEN THIS ISN'T THAT BIG OF A DEAL.

NOW THE PICTURES!!

Attachments

Doum009

good ... thanks for the installation tips ... I'll post pics as soon as my Universal Trojan with Integrated flashers will be received and installed ...

xXMotoSniperXx

good ... thanks for the installation tips ... I'll post pics as soon as my Universal Trojan with Integrated flashers will be received and installed ...
Those flashers should look sweet on the bike. Look forward to seeing them.:thumbup:

Roaddawg

Thanks Moto for the info. Those do look a lot better. I'm waiting to see the integrated turn signal ones on the bike before I mod.

Verranth

I decided to buy those too. I should be getting them by Friday. I also bought the flush mounts. I hope they turn out well :)

Verranth

I like it! I cant wait til I get mine.

:thumbup:

How did you hook em up? Did you use a butt splice into the wires or did they come with the connectors for plug n play?

area

now waiting for the flush mount ...
Where did you guys get these from? Hook a link up for a brotha.

I'm also interested if they came as a plug and play or if you had to splice wires around...I really hope its a plug and play but I have a feeling it won't be.

M3Sharif

I read the thread on the Trojan Mirrors. I have fixed the problem. To eliminate the vibration that some say essentially wears through the plastic you need to make a seal. ITS SIMPLE!

On the botton of the old rubber sleeve for the stock mirrors is a rubber lip.

Cut this rubber lip off the old sleeve using your regular scissors.

Then it should look like a oval rubber seal, once cut away.

Place this on the paint side of the fairing between the bottom housing of Trojan mirror and the fairing itself.

Now do the regular install. I also use the old nuts from the rabbit ear mirrors instead of the new nuts that came with the Trojan Mirrors.

The mirrors work great! At 120mph (For test purpose only, I dont like that speed nor do I think it is safe) the mirrors had only minimal vibrations, nothing more than with the stocks.

****IMPORTANT****IMPORTANT****IMPORTANT****IMPORTANT****
THESE MIRRORS DO NOT HAVE THE VISIBILITY RANGE OF THE STOCK MIRRORS. THEY LOOK GREAT BUT YOU DO GIVE UP VISIBILTY TO THE REAR. HOWEVER IF YOU ARE HEAD CHECKING ANYWAYS (WHICH YOU SHOULD, ALWAYS)THEN THIS ISN'T THAT BIG OF A DEAL.

NOW THE PICTURES!!
Where the bolts that came w the Trojans long enough? I had a hell of a time just getting the nut on without an extra piece of rubber underneath.

btw I'm the guy that had these mirrors break off at a stoplight. They looked great but the vibration and flimsy attachment ruined it for me.

Getting jealous lookin at all these bikes w/o those blasted rabbit ear mirrors.

Verranth

Where did you guys get these from? Hook a link up for a brotha.

I'm also interested if they came as a plug and play or if you had to splice wires around...I really hope its a plug and play but I have a feeling it won't be.
There are some links on the other threads. :)
Also, dont use ShawMotors. Though I did get the items, they were slow to return my emails, and rude. Never buying from them again.:spank:

Last edited:

xXMotoSniperXx

****AREA*****This is where I got mine. But you can search out any Trojan Mirror that will a Yamaha R1,R6 from '02-'05.

TROJAN UNIVERSAL FAIRING MIRROR MIRRORS RIGHT LEFT:eBay Motors (item 370239379146 end time Sep-01-09 18:21:58 PDT)

****M3Sharif*****Getting the nut to catch on the bolt took a few attempts but wasnt to bad. Once the nut catches its simple job and as you tigthen it down you can feel the whole mirror assembly get snug around the rubber seal.

So far its been great and I have tested them well. :D:D:D:D

area

Thanks for the link Moto.

@Doum

Any luck on getting the mirrors spliced up? Any problems you see?

Verranth

now waiting for the flush mount ...
How did you get the stock mirrors off?!!

:confused:

I looked at the bike today, put the flushies on, and then looked at the mirrors...

Do i have to take out the fairings???

JSP

Super Moderator
How did you get the stock mirrors off?!!

:confused:

I looked at the bike today, put the flushies on, and then looked at the mirrors...

Do i have to take out the fairings???
Finally got the flush mounts eh? That's good. Thanks for letting us know about the seller.

Yone

How's the turn signal lights on the mirrors? Are they bright enough? Those mirrors look like the should have been the stockers!
Yes, I'm very intrigued by the signal mirrors...

Verranth

It was way too dark to start working on the mirrors last night :(

But I did get the flush mount turn signals in. It was REALLY easy. There is pratically 0 visibility from the front though...(head on, at an angle its just OK.) The ones I got seem kinda weak and they stick out.

Up close it looks kinda bad, but from further away, you cant really notice. I'm going to order a different set of flushies though. If they all stick out, I'll at least get ones that are darker, so the whole thing looks intentional rather than the ackwardness thats on right now. I'll throw pictures up on my mod thread.

As for the lights on the mirrors, I have no clue. There are A LOT of LEDs in them, so I'm not worried about the brightness. They may even blind some people :)

I'm hoping they are really bright, so I can get that spray paint for plastic and "custom smoke" them. :rof:

JonKerr

Elite Member