2009 Yamaha FZ6R, 6300 miles, $4700-Seattle, WA

wheelwatcher

2009 Yamaha FZ6R - $4900 (Beacon Hill)

Well taken care of FZ6R with 6313 miles. Never laid down or involved in any accidents. Team Yamaha Blue/White. 600cc engine.

Despite its sport-bike styling, it's really an all-round great Standard, or Universal Japanese Motorcycle (UJM), capable of functioning as a fun, economical and competent daily commuter. It is sporty, but far more practical than those hunched over, whining, crotch rockets.

What's exceptional about this bike:
Handling- Fun to ride with or without a passenger- excellent suspension- lightweight and nimble/agile- only 476 pounds

super smooth and controllable engine that can be driven down to 7 mph without bucking, lurching or stalling (provide you are in 1st!) and strongly up to highway speed. It is a high revving motorcycle, but the power comes on early, so you don't have to wind it up too much- very linear powerband- usable power when you need it! Very predictable power. Super easy to ride in a parking lot setting.

gas mileage- averages 52 mpg on the highway, closer to 46 with mixed city/highway driving if you go the speed limit and don't accelerate too wildly. Your results will vary based on speed, carrying weight, acceleration and wind conditions. These figures represent my experience riding this motorcycle

comfortable ergonomics- easy to straddle for even short-legged riders and also comfortable to drive long distances. At 5'11" and all legs, I sit just slightly forward of vertical- seat is 2-position adjustable for height-comfortable seating for driver and passenger. Upright seating- - Flat seat keeps you in place and lets you relax-plenty of cushion- This bike allows all but the shortest and tallest to sit in a more natural, comfortable position. Trust me, that's less tiring in the long run. Perfect for daily commuting and weekend jaunts

exhaust exits under the belly, so no risk of burning your legs like with side mounted pipes

stock 3/4 fairing affords great wind protection, but still shows off the motor

easy-to-read and complete instrumentation, including a gas gauge

great mirrors that provide clear images of what's around you- very little vibration

Great brakes and transmission make it fun AND safe to ride- Great starter bike. I think it's also a fun bike for someone more experienced as well as it has plenty of power, handles well and has a dynamite engine. Very endearing.

All professional maintenance is documented and receipts kept. Full service at 4312 miles. Always left on a battery tender when not ridden for several days. Always garaged or covered when not in use.

Included extras:
Targa tank bra-help keep you in place by offering you a place to rest your knees and grip the tank
SW-Motech center stand- Makes chain and tire maintenance a breeze!
cramp buster throttle control- allows you to hold the speed on the highway without having to grip all the time and wear your hands out.
Chase Harper Aeropac II saddlebags- blue, to match the bike with black rain covers
SW-Motech Alu-Rack Toprack and Topcase Adapter Plate for Givi top cases- lets you provide your own Givi Monokey topcase and carry it behind the passenger's seat. More carrying space means more practical!
SW-Motech Gascap Bottom Ring for Quick-Lock Tankbags and Camera Mount
Over $500 in accessories! Bike alone is valued at $4950 by NADA

Every bike has its strong points and weak points. This bike is NOT the bike to ride with a passenger AND lots of gear. The rear tire will be dangerously close to the side bags and may come in contact with them. So, great for WEEKEND TRIPS, solo, or with a friend, just NOT with lots of gear. This is NOT an offroad vehicle, but it does well on paved roads that have some dipping or mild potholing. This is NOT the bike to get if you want to be faster than all the other motorcycles around. But, you can smoke most cars if you are willing to burn up the gas in the process. This would make a great COMMUTE vehicle to work or school as it's COMFORTABLE, ECONOMICAL, relatively light-weight and fun to ride! Or a great weekend get-out-of-town weapon with the power to zip comfortably down the highway or canyon carve with little effort

I did a lot of research before buying this bike and would be happy to discuss your needs and what this motorcycle excels at and falls short with. I've owned many other bikes and have certain preferences. Most of all, I favor comfort, practicality and dependability. Feel free to ask questions!

Sorry to see it go. I miss it already! Why am I selling it? Because I like to ride with a passenger and enough gear to support us on a self-supporting camping trip. After some experimentation, I've realized this is not the bike for that purpose. Ridden with less weight, it's a blast, though.

Respond to this email or call Daniel at 206-658-7768 if interested. More pictures available upon request.

UJM, middleweight, standard, Yamaha, FZ6R, mpg, comfortable, gas mileage, commuting, practical, affordable, commuter, fun, fuel economy, economical, fuel efficient, dependable, reliable, light-weight

Attachments

Last edited:

DakinechicK

Please post pics per forum rules. Thanks.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Great ad copy! If I ever sell mine, I may "borrow" from this listing. Very well worded and makes me glad I own one. One thing I didn't understand though, is what this phrase meant:

Driven down to 7 mpg? What does that mean? Do you mean 700 RPM? :confused:
he meant 7mph....as in low speeds it doesnt lurch or jerk around alot....most bikes do.....so this is one huge plus about OUR bike :iconbeer:

anything else I can help with?