New Mens Scorpion Monroe Textile Pants

JSP

Super Moderator
I believe these are new for this year. Just picked these up and really like them. Very comfortable, full length side zippers for easy on and off if you are wearing jeans and fit great just by themselves. Removable waterproof liner as well and CE knee armor and P.E hip pads. The knee pads are adjustable a few inches up or down to fit you better if you need them too.

I wear a 36" waist and the XL fit me perfect and have room to wear with jeans under them if you choose. They are fairly slim, not too bulky. I like them. I would definitely recommend them.

Scorpion ExoWear Monroe Pants from SportbikeTrackGear.com

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSrR4gCg_ZY"]YouTube - Scorpion ExoWear Monroe Waterproof Pants Video Review from SportbikeTrackGear.com[/ame]

Last edited:

rahuljp

JSP

Super Moderator
I paid $169 for them. They are new so there isnt going to be much budge on the price. Not even the online places have them any cheaper... same price.

I tried both on today, the Monroe and the Deuce. I liked the Deuce, but they were a little too bulky for me and the knee pads were WAY too low for me. There was no adjustability in them that I could see for the pads. The adjustability of the knee pads on the Monroe was a great selling point as I did need to adjust them a little higher.

The hip is just a foam type padding (P.E = Polyethylene). It is fairly firm but flexes to the body nicely. I will show some pics.

I just went for a little ride in them and LOVE them. They look a little baggy off the bike, but when you sit on the bike they form perfectly to me. I couldn't ask for a better fit while sitting on the bike. Extremely comfortable!

Here are some pics my wife took.

Here I am standing full upright. They are comfy while walking around, but you can feel the knee pads on your shin a little. Nothing that is uncomfortable so I have no problems riding somewhere and walking around in them.

Here is where the bottom of the pant leg sits while I am on the bike. Perfect.

Here is another shot of me on the bike and how they fit. The knee pads pull up perfectly into place and do not have any movement while riding. I am NOT wearing jeans under these in the pics.

And here is a quick shot of me riding away. You can really see the hip pad in this picture and its placement. Very comfortable, and I cannot even notice them while riding.

The only thing that sucks, is that I have a Speed and Strength jacket and they do not mate together as you can see from the gap between jacket and pants. I dont mind though. I like the pants so much, when its time to get another jacket I will probably get a Scorpion jacket to mate.

Again, highly recommend these.

Last edited:

rahuljp

Great review.. thanks for the pics... I guess i'll have to try both, but the only motorcycle store around here is cycle gear and I'm not sure if they have both. I'll have to check them out... I am a little concerned with the foam padding in the hip as opposed to the CE rated one in the deuce, but I guess it also is a matter of how comfortable it is.

JSP

Super Moderator
Great review.. thanks for the pics... I guess i'll have to try both, but the only motorcycle store around here is cycle gear and I'm not sure if they have both. I'll have to check them out... I am a little concerned with the foam padding in the hip as opposed to the CE rated one in the deuce, but I guess it also is a matter of how comfortable it is.
Definitely try multiple pairs on. You want to be comfortable in your gear. If it is uncomfortable, you will find excuses not to wear it. So get what you feel the best in :thumbup:

CrazyCawi

:jawdrop: SS is going to think you cheated on her!!!

lol. Great review, I think when I start getting some heavier income this will be one of the first things ill get!

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

JSP

Super Moderator
:jawdrop: SS is going to think you cheated on her!!!

lol. Great review, I think when I start getting some heavier income this will be one of the first things ill get!

Well, I have A* gloves, Scorpion Helmet, SS jacket, Scorpion pants and TCX boots haha. I am all mixed up :D

JSP

Super Moderator
I have the SS coast is clear pants in XL. The Large is just too tight and can't imagine wearing jeans on underneath but the XL is way too baggy with out anything under neath. It does fit well when on the bike but standing up crazy baggy in legs unless I have jeans on. I like those though. how well does it ventilate?
Seems to ventilate good. Still in the 50's here... But that big zipper on my thigh is a vent which opens up nice and wide straight through to your skin through a little mesh (if you dont have the waterproof liner in).

iSpoolin

I see my next gear purchase in this thread :)

Ahh I'm disappointed I didn't see this thread before I purchased the Deuce pants...

I'm at a point now where I want to ride to work consistently, but I have no knee armor (took it out since it sits way too low on the leg). Now I'm kicking myself in the butt because I don't want to wear Deuce Pants, Full Body T-Pro Armor, AND a Gerbings heated liner :(.

I guess I"ll have to look into a 2nd pair of pants with armor that actually fits me.

stevet

I wear the Scorpion Deuce pants and really like them. I imagine the Monroes would be really good also. I tried both kinds on before purchasing. The Deuce just fit me better. They seem to be very well made and offer good protection which is the main reason I bought them. I noticed that with kevlar jeans I do have to swing my leg way up and over to clear my Cortech tail bag. The knee pads are adjustable to a certain degree.

How did you adjust your knee pads?? I was wondering if I could take my pants into a place and have the pocket for the pads moved up. I really like the pants, but sadly the knee armor just doesn't even come close to my knee.

By the way, have you ridden with these in cold weather? I'm trying to decide if I should just keep them for summer pants and get different pair of pants for the harsh winters. Mind you, I'll have a Gerbings heated liner in them as well.

Last edited: