Dainese Love...and questions??

JBAX

So bought a Dainese Spedio D Dry jacket and LOVE IT. Size 48 fits me perfectly. Ordered the wave back protector insert as well. I think I found a brand that really works for me. Not cheap, but quality stuff and well designed and their more euro sizing fit me just right.

Been on the hunt for a good textile pant.....

Bought a pair on Dainese Air Drake pants (1st genreation, not the "new" Air Drake) at Cycle Gear (in 48, same size as jacket). They have knee and shin CE protection, and some padding at the hips. BUT they feel too big for me. I can wear a pair of cotton pants underneath and then they feel a little more appropriately sized, but I am not really thinkning I'll wear them as an overpant, nor are they designed to be.

The pads, knee protectors and pants feel like they move around too much to actually stay in place and protect the areas they are designed to. And honestly they do just not "feel protective" to me. So even sizing down to a 46, may not have me loving them.

Anyone know if other brands pants are compatible with Dainese jacket Zip? And have any recommendations on Textile pants?

Looking for advice on decent pants. I am not talking track days (yet), but for days I an really out riding, I'd like something that will hold up in a slide or impact.

Already ordered, Dainese D6 Riding Jeans (Kevlar Denim) and Dainese Montana Jeans.

Should I just get full length "armoured underpants" to wear under the above Jeans when I intend to really ride?

Thanks in advance.

Dok1

I like to be protected when I ride. Bought a pair of Dainese Alien Pants and their Naked jacket. Also have a pair of reinforced jeans and Alpinestars textile jacket for these warmer days. I wear a 46 pant and a 50 jacket(Dainese). I'm 5'7" 140lbs. The armor in the pants fit well, same in the jacket. It also looks nice ;). The pants do not have sliders, but should hold up well in a slide/tumble, anything past that the body can only take so much.

You, yourself have to make the judgement call when it comes to protection. Some guys/gals are in T-shirts, shorts and brain buckets. Others are ATGATT.
If you feel comfortable get the padding, gives you an option.

I always "really ride", I don't like to be static, better to be dynamic and aware, in other words, don't let that joker speeding take you out.

The Alpinstars jacket will not zip to the Dainese pants(zips opposite ways).

Hope that helps

JBAX

Thanks Dok1.

Appreciate the feedback. Would really love to find a Dainese dealer that actually stocks stuff around here, but no luck on that front yet.

Slick

I have a pair of the Built Storm pants. Got a bigger size cause I needed to be able to bend the knees! Anyway, their zipper is opposite the leather jacket I was given. But, they will zip together... so I am considering having the zipper on the jacket reversed (cut off, reverse it so it matches, and re-sew).

Another big help with these pants is a set of suspenders. Now the waist doesn't poke out the bottom of the jacket and freeze my butt. Which was why I looked into the zipper rotation in the first place!

buzzbomb

Elite Member