New member welcome thread

mondi

Hi all,
My name is Kosta, I'm from Chatham-Kent, ON, Canada. First bike here (took me 20 years to pull the plug): 2009 Yamaha FZ6R, got it before winter, lots of mods on it and planning to add more. Pretty good reviews on the bike in terms of reliability, saw two of them for sale in USA (Craiglist) with over 85k miles on the dashboard.
Looking forward to read useful info on this forum and enjoy the bike in the spring!

D

Deleted member 20019

What's up! My name is Roland. I'm from Baytown, TX. I just picked up a 09 FZ6R the other day, for free! That's right! My aunt bids on storage units and got the bike. It doesn't crank. Her boyfriend tried to get it running but didn't suceed. He took apart a lot of stuff. Airbox, AIS, most of fairings. Bike was laid down also. Got some busted and scraped fairings. If I can get it running, then it's mine. Has a new battery, but the solenoid just clicks. Probably that, right? Anyways, I also have 06 RS Warrior that I've done a few mods to, and are planning on a few more. I'm sure I'll be looking around and asking for advice. These seem like fun little bikes. Can't wait to get her running.

cloviszx9r

Name is Ivan. My motorcycle dis-ease is wanting so many different rides which leads me to have owned some 60+ bikes in my riding years. Still riding the back-roads @ 75 yrs on the planet. Originally from the UK (known as England in my day). Have owned Ducati, Triumph, Moto-Guzzi, Norton, BMW, even an AJS. Discovered metric bikes in the early 80's. Had many 920 Virago's. Presently own an '85 Nighthawk 650, an '82 GS 1100L, and my favorite '82 Maxim 750 slightly modified. Favorite is the Maxim. Now looking at owning a bike requiring minimal maintenance, a machine which will easily cruise the back-roads from coast to coast. That's why I'm looking to buy a "left-over" FZ6R. And it's quite the shopping experience as there are a number of 2015-2016 models out there with varying price tags. Found a new red 2015 model for $5174 out-the-door, or a black/red 2016 for $6000 with no listed add-ons YET .... sure they'll come. will need to sell my collection first. Please email for pics if interested in my older models ........ [email protected]

Alot of new members join and dont introduce themselves so Ive added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

Ill go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site to be a sister site to FZ6-Forum.com I currently ride a FZ6...

It doesnt matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go.... The world disappears... the FZ6 is my first bike.. Its a 2005 Galaxy Blue one.. (Yeah the blue ones are faster... Its not a rumor).

I am an Engineer and currently work rebuilding crash damaged helicopters and general Helicopter maintenance..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next.... O-Turn? FZ1inNH?

Dennis

Hello Dennis, I just read your intro to newbies, and being a newbie, I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Paul. I'm not sure if I can be included in this forem though. I don't ride a FZ6, I ride a YZF-R6. I'm trying to get some help in installing a steering damper. It wasn't major dollars, just a CNC job. I love nothing more than going for a ride on my R6. I've had it for about three years now. But in the next 6 months I'm getting a Ducati 1098S. Can't wait. I've ridden since I could walk, and have had a number of bikes. I'll be 50 this year!!! Anyway, any help on fitting the steering damper would be much appreciated.

Hello Dennis, I just read your intro to newbies, and being a newbie, I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Paul. I'm not sure if I can be included in this forem though. I don't ride a FZ6, I ride a YZF-R6. I'm trying to get some help in installing a steering damper. It wasn't major dollars, just a CNC job. I love nothing more than going for a ride on my R6. I've had it for about three years now. But in the next 6 months I'm getting a Ducati 1098S. Can't wait. I've ridden since I could walk, and have had a number of bikes. I'll be 50 this year!!! Anyway, any help on fitting the steering damper would be much appreciated.
And just to add to that; I live Down Under in Sydney Australia. G'day to all.

Admin

Staff member
Welcome to the site!

Glad you found us. All riders are welcome here... What brings an R6 Rider to our side of the pond?

BA Worx

Lucifer Morningstar, first off, awesome username. Welcome to the forum! There are a ton of knowledgable people here who have done a lot of great work on the FZ6R platform. This bike uses an older version of an R6 engine but does not share many other components with its supersport "big brother", the R6.

With that being said, your best bet for help adding a steering damper to your YZF-R6 is likely a forum geared more towards that platform. I would highly recommend https://www.r6-forum.com/ . That site has been around for a loooong time and people, have done just about anything you can think of.

Someoldguy

My name is Graham but seeing as I'm thought of as "Someoldguy" so that's the name I chose for my username. I'll be 62 on the 25th of this month and have been interested/on/messing around with bikes since Noah ran his Ark aground.
I just purchased an 09 FZ6R a couple of weeks ago but won't be picking it up until the end of March. I believe I got a great deal on the bike and my conditions for purchasing the bike was that the dealer do a full coolant flush and store it for free until the end of March. It's got brand new road 4's on it and only 5078 Km! Everything is original, so I'll probably do stainles lines and a flush on the breaks, maybe the chain and sprockets just for aesthetic reasons and a Zero Gravity Touring shield, again for aesthetics. I'm down sizing from my 1200 bandit as it really is a touring bike the way I have it set up and wanted something a bit more "flickable" without sacrificing the feel and sound of an inline four, the FZ6R seems to fill that category.
I used to race back in the mid 2000's and rode my first rookie lap with a high-vis vest back row start at the age of 48, it was something I always wanted to do so I did it. I was competing on a 1972 Honda CB350 with a Vintage Racing club known as the V.R.R.A. believe me it was the best "BANG" for the buck ever.
So that's about it really, there's more I could tell but I think this is a decent enough intro for a "newbie". I'm looking forward to finding out what gremlins lurk in my 09 FZ and if I have anything usefull to submit, even better.
See you guys and gals in the forums!
Cheers, Graham a.k.a. "Someoldguy".

Attachments

Mr.EandAmmO

Hey y’all I’m Evin from North Carolina.
I noticed the trend of first bikes for many members. Not so much for my self. This might be my 10th. But it’s what I’m riding now I picked up a sweet 2009 FZ6R raven from a friend. I’m the third74EDE226-3543-4BE3-8701-4519A52E6A9B.jpeg owner and I knew the previous two. It’s been sitting gently for ooh bout five to 8 years and came to me with 8k miles. Not to shabby specially for what I paid . Anyway it’s got a few goodies on it already but I’m really hear for the threads on lights and fancy shit. Not new to the forums but hope to be a new friend to y’all. I’m a four season rider so holler at me if your around I’ll show you my little loops. We all have that near the house pretty good twenty min ride. I’m rambling have a great day.

Rman

Hello all, I'm Ryan.. I live in northern va and was in veterinary medicine for ~15 years before switching to software development last year, it's been a great change. Money is already better, stress levels much lower... I got my 2012 fz6r last October with low miles at a great deal- it had been low sided once w/ minimal damage just some fairing scrapes, crankcase scrapes and the clutch side handle bar end is scuffed. But, it's my first legit motorcycle so I'm sure I'll ding it up a little myself. I rode a moped nearly every day from 13-17 years old and dirt bikes occasionally growing up. I like doing as much as I can on my own vehicles- oil changes, brake/rotor changes, spark plug replacements, after market stereo, etc all done on my car. I expect to do as much as I can with my bikes as well.

flyingdutchman

Hey everyone! I've been lurking around in the background reading through threads and doing research for a little while now, but thought I should come out from the shadows and introduce myself :) I'm Jonathan and I currently live in Vancouver BC. I'm originally from Johannesburg, South Africa and moved to Canada almost 3 years ago. I learnt to ride when I was around 12/13 on a farm but never touched a motorbike again until now (parents wouldn't allow me and my ex wife is, well, now my ex wife :D). I bought an '09 FZ6R about a month ago as my very first motorbike and I am absolutely loving it! Such an easy bike to ride - very civilised when you need it to be, but it can pick up its skirt and get a move on when you want it too.

I am very interested in mods (I used to do mods on my cars back in SA) and have already dropped a K&N filter in. PC5 is already ordered and dyno tune booked for June 2nd along with a chain and sprocket change to a DID X-Ring setup. Also changed my headlight bulb to an LED. Bought the bike with a terrible rear fender delete (which I've already corrected) and LED turn signals (including front flush mounted signals). Looking forward to more on this forum in the future!

Fastdw

My name is Richard im 57 an i have 2016 fz6r an i want to learn more about the bike .i know its kind of hard finding nice aftermarket fairings .its all about R6 .i kind if have overheating problem. Any ideas out there .? Anyway i hope i can get to know a bunch of you fellow Fz riders

LoneWoof

New Member/Old Man

Just bought a 2015 FZ6R with 1500 miles. Perfect condition, Red/Black. Bone stock, and the only thing I've added are grip puppies and a wrist rest. Fitted a trickle charger lead to the battery and a cover. Garage kept, next to a 2008 HD XL1200L. I've had my motorcycle endorsement since 1967.o_O

bmorris22

What up, Broski's?
I'm Brendan from Charleston, SC! Got my first bike, this gorgeous 2012 FZ6R back in March and have logged over 2100 miles since. This includes a lot of commuting, and a trip up to Tail of the Dragon with my little bro!
I work as an instructor at the nuke school, so I've done the advanced rider course through the Navy with my FZ6R and I really recommend doing one if you've got the time!
I'm getting more into adventure riding with my new Tuareg 660, but would love to organize a track day with the FZ6Rs!PXL_20220618_215133576.MP-min.jpg

Last edited:

American-fzr

Hello, I'm new to this forum and new to owning a bike. 41 years old and I finally feel responsible enough to own a bike. So I picked up an 09 fz6r yesterday. 19k miles for $2700. Runs and rides nice.

Apparently the pictures I took are to big.😵