New member welcome thread

RedTitanium

Getting back into riding

Hi all. I am from Indiana and just getting back into riding. I haven't ridden much since college and just purchased a 2011 FZ6R. i really like the bike and it has me asking myself why I previously quit riding and got rid of the old bike.

bro_paul

Hello all, just picked up a 2015 fz6r. First roady and first time back on a bike in a few years. Loving it so far. Would like to connect with a few other Aussie riders. Cheers Paul.

856_SJRider

Lifelong dream

Hi Everyone,
Ever since I was a little girl I always dreamed of riding a motorcycle. Growing up I had the opportunity to ride quads and dirt bikes but never a real motorcycle. In February I purchased my first motorcycle. It was a 2000 Buell Blast..The only thing that was "a blast" about it was how great the exhaust sounded but let's be real...it was a slug on the streets. I sold the Buell at the end of March and in mid April purchased a 2012 Fz6r Raven. I love the Fz but wish it was a little louder, even my Grandmother says it's quiet and she complains about all noises. Things that I've done so far are..
-Eliminated the bulky license plate and blinker mount. I put on led strips under the seat which are really bright and look great! I have the license plate mounted under the seat but I am thinking about relocating it to bolt on to the tire bolts.
- I removed the silver fairing bolts and switched them out to black to blend into the bike more.
- I added a phone mount to the handle bars.

Not related to the bike I purchased the Sena SMH10r and I love it! It's so clear and loud and being able to communicate with other people riding with you is great.

I am just really excited and ready to ride! I ride mostly in South Jersey right now but I am interested in riding to other states that are nearby. If anyone lives in South Jersey and wants to ride feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Val:zombie:

Fzr2stun

Hello everyone!

New to the forum here. I just bought my fz6r last month and have been visiting this site frequently to check out some amazing customizing jobs you guys have posted. Since I was spending time on here, I decided to join today to get a better look at the fz6rs!

Little bit about me, my fz6r is my second bike, I first had a Buell blast, cute little bike but I needed something better!

I love to customise all of my vehicles, so I will be checking out everything there is to know about the fz6rs!

blkbrd

Elite Member

856_SJRider

I talked it over with my cousin and I think i'm going to get a header from a 2002 R6 and then a two brothers slip on. He think that will work really well and then in the future if i wanted to change mufflers I could do it much easier.

rolla.5pt0

What up so i joined a few months back but never really got on to post anything... ive had my bike 2011 fz6r for exactly a year today.... bought it stock made my own fender eliminator got some clip ons from what i believe are from an older gs500 and went naked.... i do alot a commuting, stunt on the weekends, and hit the canyons every other weekend first bike and love it sometimes wish for a bit more power but we'll see once i get the bazzaz coming to you from san diego

Euroklydon

Hey guys, my name's Dan. From southern Indiana/Kentucky.
I just got into riding a month or so ago. I wanted a bike a few years back and was going to buy one but for some reason didn't, years later a buddy at work bought one and asked me when I would get one to ride with him. I really had no intention or desire to ride anymore but he let me scoot around the parking lot on a lunch break and I was instantly pulled back in.
A week later another friend let me take his out for a full day of riding with them, almost 6 hours, never been outside a parking lot and I couldn't stop. I bought gear before I even looked at bikes..
2 weeks later I bought a brand new fz6r and have a thousand miles in just over a month.
Originally wanted a 650f and still kinda wish I was able to get it but I'm pleased with my bike.

Red and black 6r, took the fairings off for the exhaust mod and decided to roll with it. Mounted the headlight and gauge cluster and I don't think I'll put them back on.
Integrated tail light and fender delete.
Did both of the stock exhaust mods and put in some random levers I ordered.
Really eventful month and each day I get a little more comfortable, the fun factor keeps exploding.

blkbrd

Elite Member

Euroklydon

Congrats on the decision to get into riding! The decision on the 6R and buying gear was awesome too! Now time for another solid decision...take a riding course. You'll learn more about riding than your buddies will ever teach you. Welcome to the forum!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4
Next course is in September, they sell out like crazy here :/
2 of those friends and my brother all plan on taking it together

Dimi

Hello everybody!

New member here. The name is Dimi, I'm 30 and I live in northern Greece. Got myself my red XJ6 Diversion F(the half-fairing version) about 2 months ago and I absolutely love it! It's a '09 model, with ABS and 19.500km on it. My previous bike was a '04 Honda CBF 250. That one was my first bike and turned out to be kinda bad all around and with lots of issues, so I figured it was time to grow up and get something good for myself.

Happy to see there's lots of XJ6/FZ6R enthusiasts out there. I've been following lots of threads and I've already found very useful stuff (including the dreaded rattling noise coming from the front sprocket area :mad:) .

Anyways, I'll be around. Happy to have joined the team!

Last edited:

Tom2112

Greetings! I'm Tom from Sharon, PA. I just bought my 2009 FZ6R yesterday. Its the first bike I've had in about 25 years. So I feel like a complete n00b on it. It'll take me some time to get my sea legs back. My three hour ride yesterday was a good start. I'm sore as hell this morning!

I'm glad to see this enthusiast forum. I've been a member of other groups like this and it's a great way to learn and share experience.

D52

Greetings! I'm Tom from Sharon, PA. I just bought my 2009 FZ6R yesterday. Its the first bike I've had in about 25 years. So I feel like a complete n00b on it. It'll take me some time to get my sea legs back. My three hour ride yesterday was a good start. I'm sore as hell this morning!

I'm glad to see this enthusiast forum. I've been a member of other groups like this and it's a great way to learn and share experience.

Welcome! I grew up in your neck of the woods around New Castle.

This forum has many friendly, knowledgeable enthusiasts and is a great source of information. I admit I haven't visited here much since purchasing my Daytona 675R last fall. I still have my FZ6R (for the time being) and it's a great all-around bike, that I think you will enjoy. Happy riding!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Tom2112

Welcome! I grew up in your neck of the woods around New Castle.

This forum has many friendly, knowledgeable enthusiasts and is a great source of information. I admit I haven't visited here much since purchasing my Daytona 675R last fall. I still have my FZ6R (for the time being) and it's a great all-around bike, that I think you will enjoy. Happy riding!
Cool! Allison Park isn't that far either. I drive down there to go to the Cycle Gear shop. I bought both of my jackets and gloves from there.

Spanky's Monkey

After owning the FZ6R for 2 months now I'm finally riding. Absolutely love the bike and getting used to how she rides. I'm in love, lol.

djdavid

DJDavid checking in

:welcome: DJ David :steve:
2013 FZ6R - Yamaha Team Blue
riding around Chicago land
as a tech support engineer, always :rtfm:
I am also a DJ :troll:
and I hate drivers who text :catfight:
:thumbup: