New member welcome thread

itsjohn56

Hey guys ive been on this forum for a while but been to lazy to introduce my self;) i have a (yellow) 09 fz6r mostly black now with yellow spotting because of a thief . i live in ,LA and this forum is awesome and i wish here were more active users.

Submariner

Hello!
I'm the proud owner of a 2014 FZ6R; I love the bike. I'm currently in San Diego, and the bike is my daily driver. I'd like to get some ideas on some more streamline cosmetic changes for the bike to get a more sleek look!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

krist_jeans

New Member from DC

Hi all - just joining from the DC area. I've got a 2009 black FZ6R with about 16,000 miles I bought in August and have been loving ever since. With good weather I usually ride like 2/3 times a week.

Mods (all done by previous owner): Dan Moto exhaust, smoked fender eliminator, integrated tail light, frame sliders, black & red Shorty brake and clutch levers, Puig tinted wind screen.

Haven't seen another FZ6R around the city - hope I'm not the only one...

Attachments

Ripley

Hi all - just joining from the DC area. I've got a 2009 black FZ6R with about 16,000 miles I bought in August and have been loving ever since. With good weather I usually ride like 2/3 times a week.

Mods (all done by previous owner): Dan Moto exhaust, smoked fender eliminator, integrated tail light, frame sliders, black & red Shorty brake and clutch levers, Puig tinted wind screen.

Haven't seen another FZ6R around the city - hope I'm not the only one...
Welcome to the forum! I'm new around here too. A really nice bunch of folks on here.

She looks sweet! IMO they look so much better without all the decals.

Wrathalos

I guess I will introduce myself.

Hello My name is Jacob Staley, Username is Wrathalos.

I currently ride a 2014 FZ6R its my first motorcycle and i enjoy it very much. I joined this forum mainly to be able to view pictures that i couldn't in the past.

I've learned a lot about the mods ,thanks to this forum, i want to do and am going to start making an FZ6R customer slip on piece to remove the stock exhaust.

I think thats about it when it comes to me.

Anyway thanks for having me and answering all of my questions with out even knowing it.

Attachments

blkbrd

Elite Member

Jrodroberts

Newb

Hey y'all! My name's Jarrod. I'm a bartender in Dallas and working on a pilot license. Got me a 2011 Fz6r back in November. First bike, just starting to really open it up on the freeway and dayuuum! Want to do a complete streetfighter conversion eventually. Just ordered the DMP FE and Motodynamic integrated taillight and flush mount front blinkers to start her off. Would appreciate any tips, tricks, advice, etc. Thanks!

njenki7

Hey, new guy here. Nathan from Prairieville, LA. Just took my MSF class last weekend and now am getting a 2011 FZ6R hopefully in the next two weeks. Essentially zero riding experience besides the class, which is why I took it. I own a lawn and landscaping business and am a student at LSU going for Construction Management. I hear a big complaint is the exhaust is too quiet, so I plan to do the exhaust mod first since I have a welding machine and all. Any advice is welcomed!

ersefa

Hello to everyone from Spain.

Hello to everyone.

New guy from Madrid, Spain. I´m a XJ6N proud owner. Thanks for accepting me. I´m eager to learn a lot from other members, and wish to do some mods to my ride!

kevz

new to Fz6r

Hi guys, i from Boston. i just got my first bike 15 Fz6r. i want to change the exhaust. do you guys have any suggestion what kind the exhaust should i buy? i hate the stock one. thank you

blackdiamond

Hey everyone! I'm in the Orlando (FL) area, going to UCF.

I've wanted an FZ6R for awhile. I'm the type of dude to research for HOURS before i make a decision, and I've seen just about every FZ--, 650R, 650F, 300, 321, 390 blah blah blah review on YouTube. All this in the hopes of trying to "ball on a budget."

I currently ride a 09' GS500F, HOWEVER, it's been a nightmare cleaning out the Carburetors and have since decided to switch to FI. I lost a couple screws which has slowed down the rebuild (lol fml) but I'm hoping to have switched before Bike Week in Daytona (never been before)

Once again, Thanks for all the information on this website. I totally 'nerded' out on all the stuffz in here :D

Rocketdog

Elite Member
Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

wootwoot

Just me tricks

So I bought my first bike yesterday, obvi it's a fz6r. I'm pretty dam stoked. I got it with 5k miles bought it for 2900. Anyway glad to be a part of yalls forum

Attachments

skarface79

richard from northern california

hey bikers, i live up here in sunny california, i had my first bike in high school(Kawasaki 750) and dropped it, nothing too harsh because i drove away. i bought my 09 fz6r with 12k miles on it and so far im in love, currently waiting on the dyo kit from marthy and im gonna put a two brothers slip on, the previous owner dropped the bike and it only had cosmetic scratches on it so i did a vinyl wrapp, so far i got frame sliders, led lights, hid headlight, bar end mirrors, block off plates, and a rear seat cowling, question on my bike, if i install the marthy adapter and slipon do i need a power commander?? or can i do this later on:america:

Hoppocket

Hi everyone!

I'm Nick. Just passed the MSF in Feb, and bought a 2012 FZ6R from a friend. Haven't ridden in 30yrs, but it's coming back quickly, and I'm having a ball. First ride on the new bike was 3 hours with friends on some great country roads. I'm looking forward to a fun, and safe, summer.

Emma

I guess I will take my turn.

My name is Emma and I live in Central Mississippi. I got my 2015 FZ6R as my very first ride about two weeks ago and I am in love with the bike. After my Dad passed away last December, I made up my mind to get this bike no matter what and really live; even though I have been considering getting a bike for a long time at that point.

I have some friends at work that ride and they're all amazed at how fast I am learning to ride. I guess that 15+ years of riding bicycles as my main transportation kind of helped.

One of the guys at work admitted that he wouldn't take his first ride out on the Interstate until he had been riding for almost a year. I've only had my girl for about two weeks and I've already taken her out on the Interstate for a short ride and found that once I finish the break in, there's no road I won't ride.

I'm looking forward to my first two mods to the bike over this next week. I'm adding a 12v outlet for the electric air pump I keep under the seat in case of flats, and I can hardly wait to receive my low profile Running/turn signal lights on the front.

After that I will be getting rid of the fender and changing the tail light. Then I plan to get me an M4 exhaust and I will be a very happy gal.

Blues16

Returning rider

Hello,
Got back into riding last April after a 25yrs, bought a vstrom 650 and
Put 10,000 miles on it by December sold it and purchased my 2013 Fz6r
and love it.
Live in Memphis and hope to find other Fz6r riders in the area.
Thanks
Gary