New member welcome thread

Stephenfz6r

Hi Everyone, I have already posted a few replies here and there and thoroughly enjoy the forum. My past bikes were KZ90, KZ 200, KH400, KZ650, KZ1000, GPZ550, and GS1100E. I live in the Montreal area and ride to work everyday that weather permits. I am a lead Mechanic at an airline and do all of my own maintenance on my cars and bike. I was an aircraft flight instructor for ten years.

The province of Quebec, (Americans can look at a map of Canada to see where it is ) is probably the most expensive place in North America to own and ride a motorcycle so you really have to like it to stomach the cost of ownership, top license plate here for a bike with High horsepower and clip-ons is $1400+. Bikes like the 6R cost $630 a year to register.

This bike is a great balance of power and maneuverability. Fuel injection has to be the best upgrade to bikes since mono shocks were introduced.

I'll keep adding my two cents here and there and try not to offend anyone unless they deserve it.

Cheers!

TheProjectBoy

Hi. My Name is Freddie Jenkins. I'm a LtCol in the United States Air Force where I serve as the Information Assurance Division Chief in Washington DC. I am a graduate of LA Tech Univ (BS), Webster (dual MS), Syracuse Univ (MS, PhD-working). The FZ6R is my first bike as I've always admired motorcycles, but never had the opportunity and/or time from work and school to learn/purchase a bike. I've posted a few times and enjoy the great information posted here to help the novice like myself.

Hey everyone. Glad this site is available. Be safe out there. Freddie

dolfan

Hello everyone, My name is Ozzie, I've been a member a few months now and I guess introductions are in order. I live in Thomasville, NC. I moved here from Florida to work with Hendrick motorsports corp.
I am in my 40's, mostly had dirt bikes and enduros most of my life. I've owned smaller bikes and much bigger bikes. I've been looking at FZ6 since 2008 but when I finally went to dealer in 2010, I was told they were replaced by FZ6R. So I took Luci for a spin and ended up driving home with it. Great bike for all ages I think. Yeah, I guess I could have bought a Harley but could not do most of the things I like to do on a bike. I still like the adrenalin of the sharp turns, with occational wheelie. This weekend will be my first ride thru the Appalachian mountain range with buddies.
I like this forum, for all the info exchange,experiences shared and very helpful moderators and members. You all wear your gear, be safe, have fun and ride on.:D

pyrocpu

Hi. My Name is Freddie Jenkins. I'm a LtCol in the United States Air Force where I serve as the Information Assurance Division Chief in Washington DC. I am a graduate of LA Tech Univ (BS), Webster (dual MS), Syracuse Univ (MS, PhD-working). The FZ6R is my first bike as I've always admired motorcycles, but never had the opportunity and/or time from work and school to learn/purchase a bike. I've posted a few times and enjoy the great information posted here to help the novice like myself.

Hey everyone. Glad this site is available. Be safe out there. Freddie
Dang. Impressive! I guess the FZ6R is the smart purchase for us all! :D
Welcome!

KimmyKim

Hello everyone, name is Kim if you didnt already know that.:p im from the bayarea in sunny California and i just joined the forum, oh......5mins ago.

Bought my second moto a FZ-6 about 2-3weeks ago and i am in LOVE. size positioning power it has everything that i was looking for in a second bike. my first bike that i bought and sold was a ninja 250.

anyways just thought id introduce myself. so....HI EVERYONE!

Heineken

Elite Member

Detrich

welcome everyone... :)

ps. the FZ6 is just a FZ6-R without fairings, right? or does it have other differences?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

ps. the FZ6 is just a FZ6-R without fairings, right? or does it have other differences?
Completely different bikes.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator

Like 99 said, pretty much nothing in common but the name.

Bolthaven

Okay here goes...

Hi everyone!
My name is Eugene. I live in Houston, TX and am a Systems Engineer for an HVAC/Plumbing company. I just bought my first motorcycle -ever- a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. I took the Basic Riders Course about two years ago but didn't get a bike 'till recently so I'm sort of having to relearn everything but it's all coming back quickly!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

72racer

Elite Member

Detrich

congrats & welcome to our club! :)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bigpish13

Hello all! New to the site. This site is great! I am taking back to riding after 15 years. I've been spending $600 a month on gas for commuting. This will hopefully solve some gas spending and make my ride to work a bit more enjoyable.

RedDeadRaven

Hello. This is my first post, but I've been reading on the forum for a while now. Got my cycle back in early June. Bought it used with 1600 miles on it, so it was basically broken in for me. I've always wanted a motorcycle, but this is my first. Took the BRC at the end of May. That was the first time I'd ever even sat on a motorcycle let alone ride one....and I was instantly hooked.:D Still, I had no intention of purchasing a cycle until I graduate in Dec. and start a new job (its hard to afford cool stuff when you're a student.) But that didn't keep me from window shopping. I saw this bike on a dealer's website (I had been looking into the FZ6 and FZ6R for a while and was really indifferent about which one to get, they're both good looking bikes). I decided to go look at it, see what kind of shape it was in for a used bike. Just looking. I was only going to look, promise....but then, I saw it :eek: BEAUTIFUL! It looked new. They only wanted $6000 for it. Of course the salesman was instantly trying to get me to check out my financing options. I said, "no thanks"...but what actually came out of my mouth was "ok". I knew my credit was good and that I'd have no trouble getting financed, but I was curious what kind of interest rate I could get. Still, I was just looking, promise. This was on a Saturday. I told them I'd let them know my decision on Tuesday (closed Sun and Mon), but I knew the moment I walked out the door that I'd be back to pick up my first motorcycle, a Raven 2009 Yamaha FZ6R. Hate to think about what will happen if I don't get that new job in January ;)

TxRttlr

My name is Dave. I live in Bonners Ferry, Idaho. I ride a black 2009 FZ6R. I just got past the break in at 500 miles and am ready to uncork the throttle. If there is anybody out there that wants to go for a ride give me a holla.

Last edited:

corwin06

well.... i am 18 years of age and just graduated highschool this last year. i wanted a rocket ever since i could remember. as my graduation present my dad put a down payment on a 2009 fz6r (yellow) and i agreed to make the payments. i dont really know what drew my attention to a fz6r i just thought they looked good and felt compfy when i sat at one on the dealer. i am currently a plumber working for my dad and just enlisted into the marine corps.