New member welcome thread

2011copperfz6r

new also..

Mike from Delaware... I have to admit how much I like it here. I currently ride a copper 2011 fz6r that i adore. Trying to find an affordable exhaust solution.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

2011copperfz6r

With the marthy .... Do I take my entire exhaust off & ship it off ? What's the turn around time and how's the end result? What s other riders experience?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Maadi

Another Fz6r Newbie here!

Hello everybody! I bought a gorgeous reddish copper / black Fz6r (Named Gracie, yes, there is a story there...) on Saturday, and have been in heaven ever since! I started riding 2004, owned my previous bike (2003 V-Star 650 classic) since 2005, traded it in for this beauty. Not that I didn't like my cruiser, but OH BOY what a difference! Gracie is so nimble, smooth, quick, smart, .... OK I really love my bike. :) Too bad I live in Maine and my riding season is on its way to being over. Hopefully I have a couple of more months left to enjoy before winter sets in!
I attached a picture, but I will be adding side cases and a bigger windshield when they arrive.

Attachments

Karlbee92

My turn....

My name's Karl and I'm from Sydney Australia. I'm 20 years of age and been riding for about a year and a half now

Owned my FZ6R for just over a month now and I haven't looked back. I bought it because it's one of the best and fastest LAMS (Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme) available. Upgraded from a shitty Hyosung GT250R. So far I have done most of the mods that I already need to do. I have PCV/Sticker Removal and adjusting the handle bars left to do before I'll be completely happy.

I support myself by working for Yamaha Finance here in Australia. My position is to repossess other peoples bikes :shakehead: but I dont care because I get cheap parts :D

Phazer

Hello Everyone,

My name is Gergő (same thing as Greg), originally from Budapest/Hungary. I had my first bike there, a Kawasaki ER-6F (called 650r in US). When I moved to the US South-East I found out that the choices of sport-touring bikes are pretty scarce and ended up with a CBR600 F4i... which wasn't really comfortable for longer rides. Today I found the perfect FZ6R and quickly traded the F4i in.
So, I'm picking up my raven FZ6R tomorrow :)

I'll look for the usual stuff - search around the forums for good locations - to order fender eliminator, HiD kit, Givi box and some other minor useful things.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

chicanery

2009 FZ6R Black

Hi All,
I bought a 2009 FZ6R at the end of May. I consider myself a 3-time newbie, because I've had 3 street bikes at wide intervals, the last some 25 years ago (I'm 54). After some soul-searching and talking to experienced friends I decided that a 600 was going to be plenty of machine for my re-entry to the scene. I did quite a bit of research and decided that the FZ6R was the best 600-class machine going (in the non-trackbike category). I recently completed the California MSP, as I figured I could use the refresher and had long ago give up the motorcycle endorsement on my license. I've already made a few mods to clean up the bike, which was in like-new condition with only 2200 miles (now 3600!). Rear fender eliminator, Puig smoke windscreen, sequential taillight and Proton flushmounts to get rid of all the gangly appendages. I get so many compliments on the bike that I can't believe it. One of the young guys at work told me "that's a sick bike." I believe this is good :) I live in Grover Beach, California, which is the lesser-known neighbor of Pismo Beach. It's been a little foggy this summer, but I'm looking forward to our perfect Fall riding weather.
I just have to say that I feel fortunate to have such a great community and website for support. Just reinforces my opinion that I made the perfect choice of motorcycle

goosey

Hello from NYC

What's up everyone I've browsing around this forum ever since I purchase my 2011 (Reddish Copper/Raven) 6R 3 weeks ago. I already found a lot of useful tips (and Mods). I have so many questions not sure where to start. Before my MSF class I has no riding experience now at 46 I'm commuting back and forth to work and loving every moment and always looking for somewhere to ride. Already coming up on my 600 mile service not quite ready to do it myself. Don't want to ramble on too much looking forward to learning from you all.

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

DakinechicK

To all the new people....

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :cheer:

This is the very best forum on the intrawebs but keep in mind, lots of people come and go from here, but DakinechicK is forever. :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard!

fitz75

Just purchased my FZ...CT

Hi everyone!

Just got to put a deposit on my first Yamaha, a FZ6R... she is still in the box and hopefully will have her by Saturday. Anyone in the state of CT looking for a bike, I can't speak highly enough of Scott Anthony of Motorsports Nation in Waterford.

My last bike was a Suzuki SV650, this bike is almost 100+ lbs heavier and sadly I'm only 5'4 and a lightweight. They are lowering it a bit and I am hoping its just a matter of getting use to it as its been over a year since I sold my SV. Looking forward to being part of a community again and back in the saddle....

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BKP

Welcome to the new members, and lucky FZ6R owners...

Great choice, great bike...

Ride safe --

Mister DoItNice

Hello everyone. I'm a new member, currently living in Hampton Roads Virginia. I purchased a 2010 FZ6R Raven back in July. I wasn't sure which bike I wanted to get as a beginner initially. I looked into the usual beginner bikes, SV650, 650R. When I saw my raven, Yolanda my decision was made. I've been a lurker on this forum since July but I figured I might as well join. I've already learned so much in such a short period of time about my bike because of this forum.