New member welcome thread

Flipflash

Elite Member

Dan McLean

Hi Guys. Im Dan, 49 years of age and married. I live just outside Melbourne Australia. I bought my FZ6R in February 2012 and am very pleased with it.
I moved to Australia from Scotland in 2008 as my wife was offered a job here. We both used to ride bikes years ago when we were young and before we had kids, but now since we have moved here we decided to get our australian bike licences as the weather here is perfect.
My wife has a Kawasaki GPX250 which is ideal for her being short on the legs, I had a Hyosung 250 cruiser but in Feb I traded it in for my FZ6R.
I work as a mechanic so have a fair knowledge of mechanicals which may be of use to the forum although it is mostly cars and light commercials I work on, but would be happy to give any input anyone needs on everything fro oils to servicing and modifications.
Loving the forum already.
Dan

Macbob365

New guy here.

Hello there!

I'm Dennis. I'm from Calgary, Alberta.

I just picked up an fz6r from a buddy as a wreck, Price was to good to pass up. Looking to tap into a knowledgeable resource while I plug at this poor thing and bring her back on the road.

Been riding for about 5 years now, most of them on a Virago. So this will be a new style of riding for me.

Always willing to learn and offer what help and little knowledge I know. So if you feel I can help... let me know.

buzzbomb

Elite Member
Last edited:
Just thought I'd introduce myself.

My names Chris. My Fiance just upgraded from a ninja 250 to an FZ6r. I ride an '06 cbr600 and am basically here to do a ton of reading and post where I can to help out. I tend to do my own maintenance so info is what I'm after!

Anyway, from reading it seems like there is a good group of people here. look forward to hanging around. :thumbup:

WorldLavish

Nyc newbie

Whats up guys!

My name is Elmer, I am 26 years old.I am a software engineer and married.
I only got a month riding on my first bike... FZ6R which I absolutely love. If lots of fun and definitely a good escape on anyday.
Looking forward to participating more!!:rockon::D

Attachments

Last edited:

Skyed03

Hey guys, my name is Jeremy. I'm 21 years old and Im from the bay area. Been riding dirt bikes since I was 10 and have ridden a few buddies bike but I finally pulled the trigger and got myself a 2012 fz6r in white. I have had it for about 3weeks so far and I have 750 miles on it. Love it so far, and hope to learn a lot from being a member here.

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome guys!!! :thumbup:

evanb

hey

I just got my first bike its an yellow 09 fz6r with 1000 miles on it
I'm a senior in high school from Las Vegas

bleedinblue

Elite Member

jpowell2101

Been on a while and just havn't introduced myself. My name is Jamie. I am a Chemist for a Natural Gas Company here in Arkansas. Bought my brothers FZ6R and have been riding it for about 4 months.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Detrich

Welcome
Welcome
:)

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! Yup, lots of new members! :D

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Hey I must be a chemist as well. I produce my own natural gas with...

Just funnin.

To all the new folks :welcome: from Villa Rica, GA.
Hey my steak! Mmmm that was good! :D

kangstarr

Noob here

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Steve, totally new to riding so forgive me ahead of time for my noobie ways. I don't even have my M1 license yet but have scheduled an MSF class in a couple of weeks, then plan on getting my license and then picking up a 6R to start my journey. I currently work as a Sr. Engineer at a tech company in Silicon Valley.

If anyone happens to hear of any 6R's for sale in the Bay Area please let me know as I'm actively looking for a used one right now.

Thanks for providing a great community and I hope to be able to contribute more in the future.

./steven

DakinechicK

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii all new comers!! :cheer:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member