New member welcome thread

bleedinblue

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

did you to go the motogp last year?

bleedinblue

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Well I was there last year and if things calm down after buying the new house My fiance and I will be out there again this year!!!

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! :cool:

uncharted_FZ6R

Hi

My name is Tou. I reside in St. Paul, MN born and raised. This is only my 2nd season riding. At first I was opt to purchase the ninja 250 as a starter but as what riders around me have said ~ "You'll grow old of it quick" ~ So, I settled on the FZ6R as I know it is marketed towards the noobs. Eversince I got it, no regrets. Funny thing is, I purchased and modded my FZ6R prior to having a permit. A couple weeks later of staring at the FZ6R, I finally recieved my license after completing the MSF course.

I'm a Security Officer here in the Twin Cities. \m/

addictionsola

Wyoming Guy!

Hey peoples! My name is Jesse, I live in SW Wyoming, I commute about 40 miles a day to work on the freeway, currently I'm in my car, a 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX, but I've been eyeballing SS's since I was 16, but my family has been all about Harley's.

The first street legal motorcycle I ever rode was a 2006 Harley Road King when I was 17, ever since then I was hooked! I decided rather than get a SS like an R6 I'd like something that had a little more comfort, while maintaining a good looking style and had some oomph to play with on the highway, I read all about ninjas and sv650's but didn't even realize Yamaha had a "sport cruiser."

I'm currently 20, bikeless, but I am in the market! I was looking at ninja 650's and called up a local Kawasaki/Yamaha dealership and the sales department introduced me to the FZ6R. I went and peeked at it yesterday and was pretty impressed. They have a 2010, brand new white bike that they said they would let go for $5300.00 out the door, now I'm just waiting to hear back from my bank.

If I end up getting the bike you can definitely expect some pictures to be added!

The mods I'll be doing right away (money forbid) will be frame sliders, either an integrated tail light or a fender eliminator kit, some kind of integrated L.E.D. front blinkers, and I'm definitely going to have to figure something out with the giant mirrors!

Thanks for reading, looking forward to being a part of the fz6r community!

:zombie:

applejax

Hey peoples! My name is Jesse, I live in SW Wyoming, I commute about 40 miles a day to work on the freeway, currently I'm in my car, a 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX, but I've been eyeballing SS's since I was 16, but my family has been all about Harley's.

The first street legal motorcycle I ever rode was a 2006 Harley Road King when I was 17, ever since then I was hooked! I decided rather than get a SS like an R6 I'd like something that had a little more comfort, while maintaining a good looking style and had some oomph to play with on the highway, I read all about ninjas and sv650's but didn't even realize Yamaha had a "sport cruiser."

I'm currently 20, bikeless, but I am in the market! I was looking at ninja 650's and called up a local Kawasaki/Yamaha dealership and the sales department introduced me to the FZ6R. I went and peeked at it yesterday and was pretty impressed. They have a 2010, brand new white bike that they said they would let go for $5300.00 out the door, now I'm just waiting to hear back from my bank.

If I end up getting the bike you can definitely expect some pictures to be added!

The mods I'll be doing right away (money forbid) will be frame sliders, either an integrated tail light or a fender eliminator kit, some kind of integrated L.E.D. front blinkers, and I'm definitely going to have to figure something out with the giant mirrors!

Gear first, bike toys later.

Rookasaki

Welcome :thumbup: post some pic's when you get your 6R! This forum is awesome by the way!

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome :thumbup: post some pic's when you get your 6R! This forum is awesome by the way!

:D

MrPyklet

Hi everyone, Im Gavin and Im from Brisbane, Australia.

Just bought a 2011 FZ6R and cant absolutely love it!! I can wait to get it derestricted!! :thumbup:

Such an awesome bike, but im the only one of my mates that has a bike and im looking to find some sort of group to ride with some time.

Cheers

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! It is nice to have a riding buddy every once in a while.

JSP

Super Moderator

rockrider

Hi y'all, Greg from Round Rock, Tx. Just picked up my 2012 FZ6R a couple of days ago. I also have a Honda VTX 1300C. I've been riding for 40 years beginning with a Yamaha CT125 back in '72, had to hop off the seat when I stopped so I could reach the ground. Thanks for the tips, see ya round!