My beloved Rossi

CrazyCawi

This is one talented guy....motoGP....Rally racing....got to demo f1......now this:

What a sexy car he will be driving too

Just a few days after his disastrous Grand Prix of Qatar, Valentino Rossi will be back on track, but this time with twice as many wheels. From Friday to Sunday, the Italian rider will be at Monza for the first round of the Blancpain Endurance Series, where he will drive a Ferrari 458 Italia. Naturally the car will his classic color scheme, along with the logo of his VR46 merchandising company. Revealing the first images of the car was the Doctor himself, who posted them on twitter along with this brief message:"È arrivato il Ferrarino" ("The little Ferrari has arrived"). Sharing the driving duties will be his good friend Alessio "Uccio" Salucci.
The 3 hour race begins at 2:15 pm, on Sunday.

Read more: Valentino Rossi's "little" Ferrari

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWUbqh8U4v4&feature=player_embedded"]Valentino Rossi Ferrari 458 GT3 - 2012 Blancpain Endurance Series Monza - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator

CrazyCawi

he has one bad ass car omggggg lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiYQ959YFAw&feature=related]Ferrari 458 Valentino Rossi - YouTube[/ame]

CrazyCawi

you just wait buddy....you band wagon jumper

CrazyCawi

I've never liked Rossi :)
thats besides the point. Hes a bad ass and a legend. Hes did was spies and stoner are doing....you cant be the podium leader for ever but I can still give the guy cred where cred is deserved

Spunky99

thats besides the point. Hes a bad ass and a legend. Hes did was spies and stoner are doing....you cant be the podium leader for ever but I can still give the guy cred where cred is deserved
He would be on the podium if he hadn't agreed to go with Ducati.
Yamaha or Honda have the bikes. Kawasaki and Ducati won't win a race all year.

CrazyCawi

He would be on the podium if he hadn't agreed to go with Ducati.
Yamaha or Honda have the bikes. Kawasaki and Ducati won't win a race all year.
Those are my thoughts exactly. I assume ducati may pay better? I haven't really been able to find a solid answer as to why he decided to move.

Spunky99

Some people say it is the rider, not the bike and that may well be true in motocross or another type of car or motorcycle race but in MotoGP, you have to have a bike with the handling and the power at least equal to the other bikes to compete. I saw the awesome power of the Duc in the Qatar race where Rossi made passes by shear power alone but the bike does not handle as well as either the Yamaha or the Honda. He cannot be as competitive unless all the riders are on the same level playing field.
If they were all on one exact model of motorcycle, you would see a rider's race but unfortunately for Rossi, this is the second year riding a bike with a poorly designed frame. last year, the CF frame was just awful. This year they are on a frame that was not adequately tested and is not competitive enough to race in this class.
2 years is a long time for Rossi to not be riding a world class bike and he is NOT getting any younger. I'd hate for this to be his final year.

JonKerr

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Some people say it is the rider, not the bike and that may well be true in motocross or another type of car or motorcycle race but in MotoGP, you have to have a bike with the handling and the power at least equal to the other bikes to compete. I saw the awesome power of the Duc in the Qatar race where Rossi made passes by shear power alone but the bike does not handle as well as either the Yamaha or the Honda. He cannot be as competitive unless all the riders are on the same level playing field.
If they were all on one exact model of motorcycle, you would see a rider's race but unfortunately for Rossi, this is the second year riding a bike with a poorly designed frame. last year, the CF frame was just awful. This year they are on a frame that was not adequately tested and is not competitive enough to race in this class.
2 years is a long time for Rossi to not be riding a world class bike and he is NOT getting any younger. I'd hate for this to be his final year.
I agree completely. He is an amazing rider. Put him on a Honda and he would destroy the other riders(my opinion only). I watched him in person blow through turn 1 at the MotoGP in Indianapolis...he was following the correct line....the bike couldn't handle hitting the turn as hard as he was and the bike had movement....he lifted up and went off into the green. He needs a competitive bike. Why cant he tell them this doesn't work and they listen instead of trying to reform whats not working. Rossi is being paid a kings ransom...so in respect I dont think it matters AS much as earlier in his career to get podiums but why else are they paying him? Granted his merchandise through Ducati corse sells for huge bucks and sells ALOT of it.....but shit man.....they need a bike he can win on. Stoner won purely on power alone with the Ducati in my opinion.....especially in comparison to the competition at the time. Now Honda and Saki, and Yami have heated up the game on the ducati and narrowed the gap. Rossi is the type of rider that focuses on the fines and rider skill to win the race but he needs a bike that's at least somewhat competitive. If he was with ducati when Stoner was....he would have ate up the competition.

CrazyCawi

Kawasaki sure wont win anything. They haven't been in motogp for years. Lol

"The four other CRT places go to Danilo Petrucci on an Aprilia-powered Ioda, Yonny Hernandez and Ivan Silva on the BQR FTR-Kawasakis, plus Michele Pirro on the Gresini FTR-Honda (engine and electronics to be supplied by Ten Kate)"

CrazyCawi

:jawdrop::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

That made me breathless.......holy shit.

JSP

Super Moderator
Yeah, that was an amazing race! :eek:

Doncan

Rossi is and will be my preferred rider. He has accomplished way too many things to be called this and that now bacause he's not winning. He's been more than patient and professional to suck it up and try to do the best with what he has. Put him on a competitive bike and he'll start making history again.

Detrich

Rossi's place in history is secure. He's just having difficulty transitioning his career.

Ditching Yamaha at this stage in his career was a much riskier move than when he ditched Honda.

The M1 has been "his bike" since he joined Yamaha- tuned, designed, sculpted to his riding style.

We don't know the details of his contract dispute with Yamaha, but presumably it was about cash. With Lorenzo winning in 2010, no doubt his salary went up, and for Yamaha to afford both him and Rossi would be a strain.

Rossi does deserve to be the leader of the team, and Yamaha treated him as such. But, his ego and demands supposedly were too unrealistic for Yamaha to accommodate.

Partnerships are still a two way street. I feel that Rossi ought to also appreciate what Yamaha did for him and not just what he did for Yamaha.

Either way, it's sad to see him end his career like this. :(