My beloved Rossi

CrazyCawi

what did he do omfg....

ajskillz13

Passed Stoner in the closing laps to finish second! Great race!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bert-Aus

WOWzers! With that much water on the track -balls...big balls
...big big watery balls

Your man came through with goods! ...albeit first podium in a year:p

Fizzer6R

this and stoner announced his retirement - that's the real reason CC got so drunk

Detrich

im gonna watch the race later tonight after celebrity apprentice finale... :)

CrazyCawi

this and stoner announced his retirement - that's the real reason CC got so drunk
speaking of....what the hell changed in the motoGP that causes stoner to not want to stick around anymore?

Fizzer6R

speaking of....what the hell changed in the motoGP that causes stoner to not want to stick around anymore?
well it has changed a lot from the good old days of 2-strokes, even stoner said that in an interview he wished it was 750cc 2-stroke bikes instead of current, maybe he meant 500cc 2-stokes, unless thinking it would be an cc increase like it went from 800 to 1000. the pre-race show yesterday had him and also other racers commenting on this announcement. spies said it well, that stoner has been saying this for a couple years now that he wants a family and of course the travel from touring takes a toll. also he has been racing since 13-14 so it's been a while and guess he thinks he's achieved what he wanted. he also mentioned still being upset over how he was treated by teams while coming up in the ranks and still got bad relations even by ducati after what he did for them. the most shocking remark he made was that he isn't enjoying racing anymore and lost the passion. he surely still rides like he does, maybe he's taking that aggression out on the track.

now the question, who will fill the spot on HRC? - if rossi still struggles will he jump...!

CrazyCawi

he wont jump he guaranteed that he will sit for another 2 years with ducati from what I read. The neat thing about this sport is it isnt ALWAYS about the podiums, granted they love when it happens but Rossi and some of the other riders are more concerned with how they can shape the bikes and what they can provide to the company they race for. Rossi was unstoppable on the yamaha but he "finished his work" for them and felt it was time to move on. Rossi has a kings random of a fortune and its not really about the money anymore. Everything I have read is about what he can provide to the sport, and he wants to help ducati achieve great things.

As for stoner I can understand what he is saying, but at the same time, why the peak of his career? I felt like yesterdays race, as he was riding, that he was filled with aggression the way he hit the track. He wanted the podium for his last le mans race.

Fizzer6R

they did say HRC offered him twice what he's currently making and still turned down. it would be awesome if BMW (or any) gave him a blank check and said what will it take to develop their bike. michael schumacher was there and figure he'll take a couple years off like he did and be back. legend mick doohan also thought he was using this as a negotiation tool for next year, but so far stoner sounds like he's done for good. maybe he'll do some car series that has a less demanding schedule

Detrich

I was really happy today after watching some of the videos. Rossi embodies the spirit of MotoGP and it's an awesome feeling seeing him on the podium again. :)

Even though I'm still hoping the Yamaha guys get it together, it would be awesome to see Rossi win on the Ducati... It's a shame he wasn't able to stay with Yamaha. But Rossi will be Rossi no matter what bike he rides.

Fizzer6R

there's rumors that the locals are planning to soak (if it doesn't rain) the Italian gp tracks, so rossi can ride well at home :p

CrazyCawi

what makes the duc perform so much better in the rain?

Fizzer6R

what makes the duc perform so much better in the rain?
everyone says that rain race result pretty much proves the duc is horrible in the dry and/or rossi doesn't have the right mind set on it. the old saying if a race bike is set up for dry, then it's gonna be horrid with those same settings in the wet, and vice versa. or they simply got the wet set up right and rossi finally felt comfortable enough to take some chances. watching it, it certainly looked like he was able to put the bike on more lines than he's been able to when dry

ScottM

A while back a friend of mine said he had an unused AGV helmet he wanted to give me. I asked what it looked like and he said it had some faces on it as he recalled.

When he gave it to me I noticed a sun and a moon with faces in them and and I asked him what kind of design it is and wtf with this 46 all over it. He had no idea and neither did I.

But it was comfortable and a good helmet I guess and I wore it anyway.

Now I know!

Detrich

ducati did some private testing today to collect more data on dry surface... i wonder if they made any "real" progress. hope so :)

Doncan

Apparently they did. Although Rossi and Hayden had limited test time due to the weather, apparently they were happy with the new engine and turned a 1.49.38 and 1.49.63 respectively which is not bad. Let's wait and see tomorrow results if the weather helps them...

Rossi al Mugello decide il suo futuro

Detrich

nice! it must be nice to have your own track. :)