MotoGP today (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

Detrich

Wow. What a race today. I think Lorenzo was outright exhausted towards the last couple laps and gave up... Marquez twice and then Danny. Rossi's playing catchup, but he's slowly making progress. Two wasted years is still two wasted years... The Honda bikes just seem to have more stamina when it comes to eating up tires & power delivery.

Looks more & more like Marc will sweep unless Danny & Jorge can figure out how to stop him. Rossi had the same problem with Stoner in 2008 and decided staying in front was the only way. Problem with Marquez though is that despite being up front, Jorge still isn't able to keep Marc from overtaking at the end.

What a great season this has been though.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Wow. What a finale today. Jorge really learned how to ride like Rossi. :)

Now we just need to se Rossi ride like himself again. 13 second differential between the top 3 and Rossi's time tho... Boy he prolly really hates himself and his pride now for going to Ducati for those 2 years. :(

FastFreddy

That was a really good race. I'm honestly waiting for Marquez to start making the major rookie mistakes that all of the fast rookies seem to make. Lorenzo made them, Dani made them, they all seemed to.
He dropped it big time doing 210mph at Mugello in practice and had the swollen chin, then recovered for the race but skidded out from 2nd on the last lap. He must have a hard chin to take a hit like that. He's been lucky to be dropping it mainly in practice, he's dropped it about 5 times this year now (maybe more), 4 in practice once in the race. He was racing at Silverstone with a dislocated shoulder that morning in the practice session.

Lorenzo rode well at Silverstone, the Honda didn't have many slow corners to power out of this time. Marquez seems to have tidied up his entry line, even though he was slower, he seemed to be double apexing every corner last week. If he can get his late entry a bit tighter without running wide or slow at times during the turn, he'll be getting faster again.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

He signed with Go & Fun | Honda I think?

Detrich

It looks like, "Fastest," is now finally available in HD on iTunes. Back in 2011 went to the premiere in LA, and someone in the audience asked Mark Neeley (director) at the Q&A why the film wasn't released in Blu Ray. And, he gave a fuddy duddy answer about the costs etc.

So I gave in and bought it (again) on HD and re-watched it again last night. HD has forever ruined regular resolution for all things for me. LOL. x.X

Fizzer6R

nice! is that clip pay only, or free and just have to register?

Detrich

Wow, what a race. Hard to believe that Jorge felt that allowing Marquez to lead the last 7 laps would actually work. I guess he was tired and just gave up.

Feel really, really bad for Danny though. Marquez basically took him out. And, thus, far there doesn't seem to be any consequences or review from the race officials. If you knock someone out from behind, intentionally or not, there ought to be some consequences. Race incident or not.

Salt in the wound is that Marquez doesn't even seem remorseful at all. At the press conference he initially denies contacting Danny, but then immediately corrects himself saying he did make "a little" contact. He didn't say anything like, "I hope Danny is ok," or "I'm really sorry." Just essentially a big '**** yah I won' basically. Yah- at the expense of your own teammate. WTF man.

His skills are amazing, but his maturity and class really need some serious work. Sigh

Fizzer6R

dont forget that Dani has done the same, even more intentional contact in the past, doesnt make it right, but well deserved karma

poor luck really as a simple $1. plastic guard might've prevented it

kinda makes me think, they are riding at the limit so hard, actually questions if more than should be allowed. if they didnt have traction control and the other electronics, how many of them would crash out. back in the old days it really was about who could control the power/bike

Last edited:

Detrich

Am extremely sad & disappointed that MotoGP will no longer be hosted at Laguna Seca beginning 2014. :(

Wish I could've gone at least once b4 they discontinued it. Also wish our state could've done something to help create tax incentives to keep Motorsport events like this in CA.

Sigh

Fizzer6R

this is going to be an exciting 3 race weekends in a row!

DevlDog

Read that Marquez lost a point for the bump between himself and Pedrosa. Sucks but he still has a 39 point lead on Jorge.

Bert-Aus

That is bizarre that he gets a point for that barely there brush!

“Marc has been penalised with one point on his license,” acknowledges Livio Suppo, Team Principal of Repsol Honda Team. “That means there is no consequence for this race (in Malaysia). Basically, they said that in this particular case it was more or less okay, but they are taking Marc’s whole season into consideration and he has been close to touching the rider in front of him on more than one occasion. The message was basically, ‘This time it was okay but realise that you have been doing this quite often’.
motogp.com

Back in Jerez against Lorenzo he bumped him hard and what where the results of that? ...it was looked upon as a racing incident.

Sure it is harsh that Dani high sided due to the traction control line being severed, the bike enginners shouldn't have placed it hanging out in the open.
It isnt like Marquez came in with scissors or wheel spikes to purposely cut the line.
He is aggressive in riding technique, but he has made the season more than just a Lorenzo Pedrosa show

Last edited:

DevlDog

“Marc has been penalised with one point on his license,” acknowledges Livio Suppo, Team Principal of Repsol Honda Team. “That means there is no consequence for this race (in Malaysia). Basically, they said that in this particular case it was more or less okay, but they are taking Marc’s whole season into consideration and he has been close to touching the rider in front of him on more than one occasion. The message was basically, ‘This time it was okay but realise that you have been doing this quite often’.
motogp.com

Back in Jerez against Lorenzo he bumped him hard and what where the results of that? ...it was looked upon as a racing incident.

Sure it is harsh that Dani high sided due to the traction control line being severed, the bike enginners shouldn't have placed it hanging out in the open.
It isnt like Marquez came in with scissors or wheel spikes to purposely cut the line.
He is aggressive in riding technique, but he has made the season more than just a Lorenzo Pedrosa show
His team caught a smack in the nads though I think. They got 25 points off their whatever it is. Like, their brand score or something? They're probably feeling that. I bet they'll put something over that TC cable now lol.

Fizzer6R

Read that Marquez lost a point for the bump between himself and Pedrosa. Sucks but he still has a 39 point lead on Jorge.
maybe im wrong, i thought it is just a warning point on his record, and not points for the championship “Marc has been penalised with one point on his license,”

Fizzer6R

motogp.com