MotoGP today (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

Bruno

I am watching. Closely. Im kind of torn. I like Marquez. But that was a dirty move. As a racer myself and a rider, i think he should be penalized. HOWEVER I dont think he should be penalized simply because they didnt penalize Rossi for the EXACT same move in the same turn on Sete Gibinaou (im sure thats spelled wrong) a number of years back. They set a standard and need to stick to it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I hadn't seen this move from Rossi before this race, but when the commentator said Rossi did exacly the same move on 2005, i went after that video... Indeed it was a similar move, but Rossi and Gibernau were exchanging positions on the last 3 laps, actually Gebernau had just passed Rossi on the previous corner, and they were very close already, and then they get into the last corner together... I think Marquez's move was much more inconsequent.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Detrich

Watch the video again.

Lorenzo should've taken a more defensive line, yes. But, Marquez clearly enters to corner just a tad too hot & too wide. Compare this overtake to how cleanly Pedrosa overtook Lorenzo earlier in the race.

Definitely some aggressive overtaking. But, as long as no one got hurt or crashed out, I'd say its just "aggressive" and not irresponsible.

But, if Lorenzo had been knocked over tho, it would be a completely different story. Penalties would've been applied for sure. And if Lorenzo got injured possibly more.

Bottom line is regardless what moves they make- legal or illegal- they cannot knock someone else down. This isn't bumper cars and ppl can die.

Fizzer6R

if you watch it a couple times, you can see how whoregay kept breaking and "shutting the door" for an opportunity for MM to pass him, he surely was riding defensive trying to save his position. then he finally left that door open, and MM got thru. like it or not, this is racing, and if you don't protect the inside line, someone is gonna take it sooner or later.

if it's good enough for rossi to do it years ago, then so be it for everyone else.

yes, Marquez already has a rep for this type of riding/passing in his previous series. everyone was worried he'd be doing the same leading up to this season, and in the 1st two races he seemed to be mellowed out, riding in the more mature MotoGP level... and then bam we get a taste of what he's good at, like it or not

watch a WSBK race and you'll see all types of rubbing elbows. no one wants to see anyone run off the track and esp. get hurt, it is bike racing and not golf

if others like edwards and cal say there was nothing wrong with it, end of story.

linkgt

if you watch it a couple times, you can see how whoregay kept breaking and "shutting the door" for an opportunity for MM to pass him, he surely was riding defensive trying to save his position. then he finally left that door open, and MM got thru. like it or not, this is racing, and if you don't protect the inside line, someone is gonna take it sooner or later.

if it's good enough for rossi to do it years ago, then so be it for everyone else.

yes, Marquez already has a rep for this type of riding/passing in his previous series. everyone was worried he'd be doing the same leading up to this season, and in the 1st two races he seemed to be mellowed out, riding in the more mature MotoGP level... and then bam we get a taste of what he's good at, like it or not

watch a WSBK race and you'll see all types of rubbing elbows. no one wants to see anyone run off the track and esp. get hurt, it is bike racing and not golf

if others like edwards and cal say there was nothing wrong with it, end of story.
And that is why WSBK is much more entertaining. This happens a lot more often and no one cries about it... I understand there are extremely high risk in racing, but it just seems everyone complains about everything in motogp. It was an aggressive move by Marquez, but I don't think it's anything to be penalized about. it's his first year in motogp and it was the last corner. I think a warning would do.

Marco Simoncelli(RIP) raced pretty aggressively and actually made motogp enjoyable to watch. Lorenzo and pedrosa hated him. Now, its just Yamaha VS Honda all over again.

So how about Ducati huh? Pretty sad that a CRT bike (Aprillia RSV4) almost beat out Dovizioso....Ducati's gotta go.

Bert-Aus

Lets see if Crutchlow shows Hervi & Yamaha just what he is worth tonight!!!

Go Starring! (patriotic chant) Aussie Aussie Aussie

Actually, maybe Rossi has a chance tonight! LOL -it is pissing with rain:eek:
I wouldnt want to ride in that

Last edited:

Detrich

Again the Ducs can go fast in the wet... lol. I still need to watch the race, but it's odd that Lorenzo fell back so much.

FastFreddy

It was a good race, I'm not sure why Crutchlow wanted in on Ducati at the end of last season, as its clearly best to be on either the 4 M1s or 4 Hondas.

The CRTs are only missing 60-80 HP, WTF ? Does Dorna have Bunga Bunga parties too ?

Detrich

Wow great race. Just finished watching :)

Bert-Aus

Poor Marquez, that was such a good move on Pedrosa and then too much!

Crutchlow is doing so well this year... I think I have moto-crush on that guy:eek:

JonKerr

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

LOL. I've read some article with him in MCN Magazine and he does seem like a very cool guy. I'm torn with Marquez currently between pure awe at his skill and pure talent, and disappointment because I really wanted to see him mature and be a bit cleaner racer than he was in Moto2. So far the brilliant pass he made this morning was the first time I've seen a move like that from him that ended up completely clean.

I was shocked by the move Bautista made. That was just dumb. Rossi was clearly there. For someone who used to ***** and complain all the time about Simoncelli being too willing to make contact, he sure does make an awful lot of "mistakes" that end up in major contact with some of the faster guys.
l.

U don't think he could be getting paid to be making that contact do you

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

FastFreddy

Qualifying and the start seem more important this year than ever.

Crutchlow's starts and qualifying are getting better and need to get better still, because his race pace is good.

It seemed cruel for Marquez to slide out after struggling and pushing hard all weekend. At least we got to have a good look at the Honda chassis with the fairing ripped off, the engine was more compact, higher up and further back than I thought. The packaging looked fantastic.

You get the feeling Ducati aren't far from making the pace again soon.

Attachments

Detrich

Bautista took out Lorenzo last year too. When other riders brain fart, they crash themselves. But, when Bautista brain farts, he always runs into someone. I agree that it's him. Rossi got robbed, but this is racing.
Pedrosa, clearly, was having some sort of bike issues, imo. And his comments at the press conference afterwards confirmed the problems he was having with his tires. One thing though is that the Yamahas seem to perform better in high heat conditions.

The ups & downs of rider performance is an interesting thing to see tho. When i reflect on my own street riding I often feel that on a good day I'll go faster and have a lotta fun, but then there are days where I ride like shit and can't seem to do anything right. It's good to know that even at the highest levels of riding they go thru similar high's n low's

CrazyCawi

NO TALK ABOUT YESTERDAYS GP? THE RACE WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkM6dd-7BIk]Rossi Wins at Circuit Assen 2013 Full Race - YouTube[/ame]

Detrich

Rossi's back baby!!!!!!!!!!! Lorenzo is Superman. Crutchlow showed he's a force to be reckoned with. But, what happened with Pedrosa?

Great race indeed.