MotoGP today (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

^ ditto. I think the 2 years at Ducati taught Rossi a bit of humility. Something he wasn't expecting. But, he's a champ and it's never too late for him. But, yah- would like to see Dani take this year. He's definitely long overdue.

FastFreddy

I was expecting him to take about 5-6 races to get a good setup and feel again.
I was not a doubter.
The upshot is that it looks like we have 5 aliens on the grid now.
They've got to give Cal his Lorenzo-spec fuel tank now, to fix his early lap fuel load issue, surely.

Bruno

I was expecting him to take about 5-6 races to get a good setup and feel again.
I was not a doubter.
The upshot is that it looks like we have 5 aliens on the grid now.
They've got to give Cal his Lorenzo-spec fuel tank now, to fix his early lap fuel load issue, surely.
Do you really believe the Cal early race issue is caused by the fuel tank? I don't... He is a great rider and i think he could even be champion on Tech 3 if he stopped worring about "being on a official team"... But i think he doesn't take off good... In his shoes i wouldn't leave tech 3... For Ducati, no way... On Yamaha, only if Rossi or Lorenzo step out... Maybe Honda, but i think he rides very similar to Pedrosa, i don't think Honda would fire Pedrosa and Hire him...

Detrich

^ totally agree.

Dovi might be making more $ now wearing red, but he sure ain't gonna be getting on the podium anytime soon. But, if the sole purpose of getting to the podium is to make more $, then it's really f'd up. Because, the means don't justify the ends. It's like u perform well just to earn the $ to ride a crappier bike and then lose again. WTH... lol

JonKerr

Elite Member

Brock Kickass

Do you really believe the Cal early race issue is caused by the fuel tank? I don't... He is a great rider and i think he could even be champion on Tech 3 if he stopped worring about "being on a official team"... But i think he doesn't take off good... In his shoes i wouldn't leave tech 3... For Ducati, no way... On Yamaha, only if Rossi or Lorenzo step out... Maybe Honda, but i think he rides very similar to Pedrosa, i don't think Honda would fire Pedrosa and Hire him...
Wholly implausible, but I would take a factory ride alongside Rossi AND Lorenzo if I was Crutchlow. He's fast. I bet he could give either or both of them an honest run if they all had identical resources. If either of them vacates their seat next season it makes it a complete no-brainier for Yamaha and for Crutchlow.

Detrich

Yamaha will not vacate Jorge or Vale tho. Vale is still making a comeback. Jorge is reigning world champ.

It would be nice if (a) Monster would pay Cal a decent salary, and (b) Monster would pay to get better support from Yamaha to make their satellite M1's more competitive.

To me, this seems like a better & more sensible option- at least until Suzuki returns in 2015.

Ducati isn't a threat at all. Nor are any of the satellite Honda teams. Monster Yamaha is potentially the contending satellite team to upset the only 2 competitive factory teams in every race. Why not build on that...

Bert-Aus

HF Shan hit Fit! Pedrosa fractured his collarbone in last nights sessions!

Wait to see whether he races tonite... Things are def spicy this season with Lorenzo doubting his performance due to his collarbone and now Pedrosa!

Go Cal go!!!

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Indeed... Rossi couldn't keep up with Marquez (or Cal) either...

Makes u wonder how the heck a second tier machine can outperform a factory machine. Either the bike wasn't setup right- like Rossi said. Or, Cal really just decided to throw caution to the wind and went all out.

Either way, it's really turning into an interesting season. I guess those 2 wasted years at Ducati really set back Rossi a lot. I'm sure Dovi & Nicky can at least be happy with their fat paychecks... lol

Dani also just can't seem to get a break. :(

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

True. But, to me, it seems like it would be more interesting if satellite teams, like Monster, would pay their riders factory-like salaries and get better factory support. Then the prestige and $ factors would be out of the equation, and MotoGP would be more about racing & rider performance instead of who gets a bigger paycheck. When I watch the points board at the end of the race it's kinda sad. Ducati is 3rd on the Constructor's board. But only because they're the only 3rd factory team. It's certainly not because of Dovi or Nicky. There are satellite teams beating them round after round. lol. Also, the amount of camera time the podium winners get vs everyone else makes a difference too.

VRIIClubby

Ben Spies on a factory bike? dreaming! Really think there would be no chance of that happening again, he may go back to WSB in lieu of Nicky.
Ducati are a promoting team, they need Nicky (or anotehr US rider) to help keep sales in the US going, Race on Sunday sell on MOnday type of methodolgy.
I feel sorry for the team at Ducati, Dovi is a great rider, top 4 in the current field I would say, Rossi has had his day and im honestly sick of seeing his tired whinging face on my TV. So many words come out of his mouth over the past few years, but no results. Yes, I know, multiple champion blah blah blah.
Dani can catch a break, every season he bloody breaks something on his person! He doesnt have the head to win IMO, the big bikes dont suit him like the little 125's and 250's did.
Marquez is a gun, he and Lorenzo will have some great battles at the ack end of the season and going into next season, hopefully they both stay upright, should be a real spectical.
When is Dani's contract up @ Honda?
Still think Rossi will retire next season, Cal to factory Yamaha, Honda the same unless they can move Pedrosa along (hard with how his manager is tied up with Repsol)
Ducati, well Dovi will be there, they could give Espargaro another crack but on the factory bike, he is a good talent,
2015 is Suzuki? will be DePubicHair (sorry meant DePuniet lol) and someone like Bradl or Bautista could go back, he had a good realtionship with the team.

Fizzer6R

Ben Spies on a factory bike? dreaming! Really think there would be no chance of that happening again, he may go back to WSB in lieu of Nicky.
Ducati are a promoting team, they need Nicky (or anotehr US rider) to help keep sales in the US going, Race on Sunday sell on MOnday type of methodolgy.
I feel sorry for the team at Ducati, Dovi is a great rider, top 4 in the current field I would say, Rossi has had his day and im honestly sick of seeing his tired whinging face on my TV. So many words come out of his mouth over the past few years, but no results. Yes, I know, multiple champion blah blah blah.
Dani can catch a break, every season he bloody breaks something on his person! He doesnt have the head to win IMO, the big bikes dont suit him like the little 125's and 250's did.
Marquez is a gun, he and Lorenzo will have some great battles at the ack end of the season and going into next season, hopefully they both stay upright, should be a real spectical.
When is Dani's contract up @ Honda?
Still think Rossi will retire next season, Cal to factory Yamaha, Honda the same unless they can move Pedrosa along (hard with how his manager is tied up with Repsol)
Ducati, well Dovi will be there, they could give Espargaro another crack but on the factory bike, he is a good talent,
2015 is Suzuki? will be DePubicHair (sorry meant DePuniet lol) and someone like Bradl or Bautista could go back, he had a good realtionship with the team.
apparently not
Nicky Hayden told no factory Ducati ride in 2014
Nicky Hayden told no factory Ducati ride in 2014 - | Motorcycle Sport | MotoGP News | MotoGP Results | MCN

Detrich

Sadly, Stoner was the only one who could really ride the Ducati. And, he's gone... Hello Ducati, it's the bike- not the riders. x.X

Detrich

Stoner's testing for HRC again.

Hmm... o_O

Detrich

^. Yah. He fought so hard to get on factory Yamaha team. Then he had two horrendous years- mostly due to things that were not even his fault. :(

It's kinda like football in some ways. Lotta college players who are good don't necessarily do well in the NFL and burn out pretty fast.

If Ben can't prevent getting more injuries, he's going to burn some bridges- esp when teams are paying high salaries for him to just be sitting out all the time.

Tomorrow's race in Brno is going to be an epic one tho. :)