MotoGP today (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

Detrich

^ hmmm... I'm not sure how it would force the forks to compress tho. it would create some wind drag on the inside, I'd imagine. but the bike is already slightly tilted towards the inside... so, there's no downward force on the front of the bike tho?

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Maybe it's like doing the mamba with ur feet. ie How low can u get the toes without scraping up ur $1k race boots. Oh yah. lol.

Detrich

Wow Lorenzo rode an absolute perfect race in Japan!!

Mathematically though, i think Marquez has won this season. He only needs to finish in the top 4 at Valencia to beat 330, the maximum # of points Lorenzo can score- even if he wins Valencia . And, most likely Marquez will be either 1st or 2nd at Valencia.

Mathematically the only way Lorenzo can win at this point is if (a) he wins Valencia and (b) Marquez either crashes out at Valencia or if he comes in 5th or worse.

What a season this has been. For Jorge, if he had only "awakened" just 2 races sooner than when he did, the numbers board would look so much better.

But, one way or another, Marquez has arrived.

Fizzer6R

Lorenzo could very well pull it off. I was watching last night and when MM crashed in practice and later went to the medical center for pain, thought darn the kid is gonna be less than 100% and get hurt trying....

he normally seems cool headed, but once gets on the track he rides like a crazy man win at all costs, and the pressure of the last race might get to him and cost the championship if he can't keep it upright

Detrich

Hypothetically, if Rossi could've held second and kept Marc at 3rd, then that would've meant Marquez would need to finish in the top 3 to claim the title- if Jorge were to win Valencia. If Marquez came in 3rd at Valencia, then Jorge and Marc would be tied at 330. And, I'm not sure, but I think then they determine the winner based on podium win rankings? If that were the case Marquez would probably win too- tho I haven't done the math on that part.

Anyways. As things stand now, Marquez only needs to finish in the top 4 to claim the title in Valencia- regardless of who wins. Short of a DNF he has it in the bag.

Fizzer6R

long-shot I know, anyone still have the BBC MotoGP Motegi Japan program saved to their DVR/computer? if so, looking for the name of the song they used right in the beginning, it played as background (instrumental/no lyrics) music as the video was showing the city night life for about :45-1min. thanks

Fizzer6R

long-shot I know, anyone still have the BBC MotoGP Motegi Japan program saved to their DVR/computer? if so, looking for the name of the song they used right in the beginning, it played as background (instrumental/no lyrics) music as the video was showing the city night life for about :45-1min. thanks
it's The Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar

Fizzer6R

last race for the title - place your bets!

JonKerr

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

agree, hopefully there will be at least 1 more able to hang with the top 3 aliens. very least, like you said, with the addition of new guys and others on dif. bikes, there should be some good racing in the 2nd pack group not too far from the leaders

Detrich

It also seems that Jorge has figured out how to beat Marc strategically, despite the RC213V having faster overall acceleration and cornering... Kinda like how Rossi figured out how to beat Stoner, even tho Stoner was on the faster bike.

2014 will be interesting for sure.

Andy

Team Work

Hopefully Rossi and his new crew chief can pick it up next year and help out in the points battle. Would be nice to stop Honda from finishing with two riders on podium most of the time.

With that being said Marquez lit it up this year.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

FastFreddy

I heard some commentary referring to Marquez "He's gone from sat on his sofa to doing 215 mph, that's got to be a shock to the system".

I'm sure Rossi waving his rear tyre in front of him would have activated his "hunt down the tyre in front" part of his system too.

Pity Lorenzo fell, thankfully unhurt.

JonKerr

Elite Member