MotoGP today (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Jon, your words are those of clarity in hyper-real environment of adrenaline and enthusiam.

After watching the Moto2 incident on the first lap last time over and over it really astounded me that those guys got out of that without any major injury (I am sure they are feeling extremely sore though)

Fizzer6R

come on give me a break man, so Marquez is a "complete punk" for making contact while racing, but now lorenzo does it and it's ok? dont forget that rossi is in the same club then as his passes havent always been w/o incident

simoncelli constantly rode over his limits, unfortunate what happened, but he's still a legend now.

why do ppl get their panties in a wad when there's some rubbing in motogp? watch some WSBK and stop being so sensitive when your racer doesnt win.

oh heck, dani had it coming for sooo long, 2006

off the soapbox

Bert-Aus

Yes the bumping is part of it,
but the acknowledgement that lives are at risk is a worthy reminder occasionally.

Detrich

I was thanking for the funny picture. hahaha

DevlDog

come on give me a break man, so Marquez is a "complete punk" for making contact while racing, but now lorenzo does it and it's ok? dont forget that rossi is in the same club then as his passes havent always been w/o incident

simoncelli constantly rode over his limits, unfortunate what happened, but he's still a legend now.

why do ppl get their panties in a wad when there's some rubbing in motogp? watch some WSBK and stop being so sensitive when your racer doesnt win.

oh heck, dani had it coming for sooo long, 2006

off the soapbox
Glad Dani won the other day at Sepang. That was a good race, and Jorge/Marquez duked it out for 2nd/3rd place for quite a few laps. I really liked seeing how far ahead Dani was by the last lap, he was smoking those boys it looked like to me.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Bruno

I'm the Biggest Lorenzo fan so I don't think my opinion count, but I agree with Jobkerr above... Almost every race Marquez goes through an incident... One time things can go wrong and get ugly... Though I have to admit the kid is fast, and extremely talented... And have the fastest bike too...

Detrich

Agree with Jon. It's not a contact sport.

That said, Marquez is extremely aggressive & crosses the safety limits in almost every race. But, his riding still shows some strange degree of "finesse" when u compare him to say, Simoncelli, who was "brutally aggressive," and say Bautista, who's "recklessly aggressive."

With the latter 2, u know they're going to hit someone for sure. With Marquez, well, at least he still tries to avoid direct contact when he can.

I'm happy to see Rossi slowly making progress & "clawing" his way closer to the leaders. Being an older guy myself, I have to say that it's a great feeling seeing older athletes being able to compete with the younger ones. For that reason I really hope that Rossi can be more competitive next season and or eventually make a comeback and win a few more races. It helps remind & inspire me to remember not to let age be this big scary thing that is the end all be all.

JonKerr

Elite Member

FastFreddy

Dont' get down on Marquez JonKerr, he's not a punk (most of the time), he's lit up the championship. Imagine the championship without him. He's come thru a lot to get there, he was nearly out with permanent double vision, he's already paid for his sins, so cut him some slack and enjoy the show.

Fizzer6R

what a cluster f...

well if you want MM to get more points, then according to lorenzo himself, should get the same too as his opinion "we were both at fault it was 50/50.

Dorna is a joke, mostly others disagree completely with the disqualification; in racing pit stops, usually the driver/rider is only penalized time/positions and not DQ.

once again Colin Edwards has it right - tweeted: "Not happy with the [Marc Marquez black flag] decision. First time running this scenario & disqualified. We r not mathematicians... let us race & F off."

Detrich

29 laps cut down to 28... Mandatory pit stop for tire change. Then 28 down to 19 laps?

That race was over before my popcorn got to room temperature. But, what a race!

Definitely feel bad that Marquez and his team didn't understand the rules properly. He posted on his FB page that they all thought that the 11th lap would be ok and that they goofed.

Don't the 2 Repsol garages talk tho? Danny knew it was 9 and 10 and decided to do 9. Jorge did 10... Why and how did Marquez's team think 11? That said, 4 or 5 other riders all got black flagged for the same error.

Maybe it's their English skills that need work? Mandatory pitting after the 9th or 10th lap means change bikes -after- either the 9th lap or the 10th lap. It doesn't mean after lap 11 is ok too. LOL.

Jorge's bump when Marquez came out was great too. Merging traffic must yield to on road traffic right? Well on track in this case. But, the rule still would apply right?

It was an exciting 30 minutes to say the least. I feel bad for the ppl who bought tix for that race. They got gipped- sort of. =\

Last edited:

Bruno

What a race... For me it is clear that Marquez made a mistake... I think the fact Lorenzo was supposed to pit in on lap 9 and I actually did on Lap 10 may have contributed for it... Considering it is Marc 's rookie season I expected more mistakes, and about the racing itself, he made very few... But Dorna was right in blackflag him, and I think it only did it due to the Yamaha team complaint...

Fizzer6R

29 laps cut down to 28... Mandatory pit stop for tire change. Then 28 down to 19 laps?

That race was over before my popcorn got to room temperature. But, what a race!

Definitely feel bad that Marquez and his team didn't understand the rules properly. He posted on his FB page that they all thought that the 11th lap would be ok and that they goofed.

Don't the 2 Repsol garages talk tho? Danny knew it was 9 and 10 and decided to do 9. Jorge did 10... Why and how did Marquez's team think 11? That said, 4 or 5 other riders all got black flagged for the same error.

Maybe it's their English skills that need work? Mandatory pitting after the 9th or 10th lap means change bikes -after- either the 9th lap or the 10th lap. It doesn't mean after lap 11 is ok too. LOL.

Jorge's bump when Marquez came out was great too. Merging traffic must yield to on road traffic right? Well on track in this case. But, the rule still would apply right?

It was an exciting 30 minutes to say the least. I feel bad for the ppl who bought tix for that race. They got gipped- sort of. =\
apparently lost in translation
From Motomatters: 3. No rider is permitted to make more than 10 laps on any one slick or wet rear tyre. This means that a bike/tyre change before lap 9 will require a second bike/tyre change to finish the race.
That, according to their calculations, meant that they could do 10 full laps, and then pit on lap 11, as the Repsol Honda pit was situated before the finish line, and Marquez would therefore have only done 10 complete laps, coming in on the 11th lap, but swapping bikes before the 11th lap commenced.
They were wrong. In their haste to exploit the rules to the utmost without actually breaking them, they had overlooked the line before that, which contained an explicit definition of what was expected. It reads:
2. Every rider will be required to enter the pits and change to his second machine with fresh tyres at least once during the race. In normal circumstances this means that the rider must change machine only at the end of lap 9 or lap 10.

Bert-Aus

That was a FARCKING SHAM!

Moto2 race shortened
MotoGP race shortened (twice)

All because Bridgestone cant gaurantee their tyres on a new surface in warm weather!
Sure, it was out the ordinary weather for Phillip Island but they race in hotter conditions than that elsewhere no issues!
And when it came to race time the temperature was cooler than Saturday's conditions when most guys were making 20 laps on sets of tyres!

As far as the pit thing goes, they should have kept the original race length and let them pit when they felt it was neccessary!

Four riders in total were black flagged in MotoGP -FARCKING DORNA

Those are track day distances!:soapbox:

DevlDog

I've been watching these guys in MotoGP for a while, and there's one thing I don't understand. I see the sense in moving your body and hanging off and dragging a knee and stuff. WHY in the heck do these guys take their whole legs off and then re-place them on the pegs and THEN knee-drag? Just seems like un-needed air resistance?

Detrich

^ That's a trend that Rossi started, presumably a habit which he developed when riding Supermoto bikes around the track.

Honestly, there's no real need for it in MotoGP- other than to allow some blood to circulate back in that leg. lol.

Anyone's who's ridden a super sport in the canyons for more than an hour knows that tingling feeling u get on ur legs.

For bikes with more upright riding positions like the FZ6R, it's less of an issue. I also notice slightly less leg fatigue on the R1. But on the R6, leg fatigue is pretty brutal. But, the fun makes it all worth it.

CrazyCawi

I thought the intention of it is at those speeds it drives the front forks into compression and it also gave him a better feel for where his lean angle was at as he uses his whole body the judge his path