MotoGP today (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

CrazyCawi

Rossi had been fighting, it's just unfortunately it took a while to dial in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastFreddy

Yay, COTA and Schwantz have patched up.
Peace Breaks Out: Kevin Schwantz Named Ambassador To Circuit Of The Americas In Austin | MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks

I remember seeing Kevin just about slamming the bike down every corner the first time he was on TV, its like he had lost it every corner and then he'd open up the taps, it'd grip up and he'd shoot around the corner, I think it was the air cooled superbikes for the US National titles at the time.

Then in the 500s, you could tell he was either going to win every race or spin out trying. He had a scary race face too ;)

Attachments

JonKerr

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

I only just finished watching it now, true true JK -I agree

I will be interested to see if Bradl steps it up a notch this year too, IMO he has waited in the middle too much these last 2 seasons

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Lorenzo's nerves seem to be getting the best of him. And, Rossi's having more bad luck again. Looks like it's going to be the Marc Marquez show again in 2014... =\

Bert-Aus

Jerez 117k attendee's watch Marquez serve it to Rossi, Pedrosa (came close but not enough) & Lorenzo (what has happened? Lift your game!)

Wow mid pack group getting spicy tonight too

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

JonKerr

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Until the other players bring something else to the table, I beleive Honda will be dominant with their Unobtainium set up.
Marquez has the riding skills and lack of fear approach to make the bike something extra but the other new wave of riders like Esparago bro's, Bradl and Smith will be challengers once (if) their machines can get up to Honda speed.

I am enjoying watching the mid pack guys at present more than the front 3-4 pack, as their is more spice in their race at present. In Australia the TV rights for Moto2 & 3 just got sold to paytv, which sucks because now I can't watch them as well.
Last season the Moto2 was where the race action was with the same honda engine for all.
This season's rules will hopefully bring something new to the table for the other teams.

Fizzer6R

put any or all of the current racers on the same bike, and MM will still be faster. no one attacks like he does. it will take someone else, like his brother

JonKerr

Elite Member

adamo3957

Interesting reading some of the early comments on Marquez...

I put it to all the old followers, and a new onsite for some new followers to the GP.

Marquez doesn't have sometime the other riders never had. Only something they've lost...

Marquez is hungry for the GP title. He only wants to win or crash trying. It's the same when Rossi was fresh on the scene. And will be the same in 2-3 years time when there's another on the scene.

Marquezs hunger for the GP is what's driving him. His attitude in the last 2 races show it...

I only hope he messes up a few more times and the likes of Rossi or pedrosa snatch victory from his grasp... Then next year we'll see some racing.

Fizzer6R

So Marquez showed everyone his extreme arrogance today. Team calling him in to the pits multiple times to change bikes and he ignores them. I'm sure "I'm so much better than all these guys that I can make it to the end on slicks" was going through his mind the whole time. And I'm shocked Pedrosa ignored the pit board the first time they called him too. Awesome to see Crutchlow get on the podium ok that POS Ducati. Ironic that the two 14.2 Ducati's both ended up on the ground and he on the old spec bike is on the podium lol.

Bummer to see Rossi go out. Glad he's OK. Am I the only one who thinks they need to quit putting those damn astroturf patches on the edges of the track? If they want it to look like there's grass there, paint asphalt damnit! Wet astroturf was the only reason he went out. If that was a straight asphalt runoff, he would have been right back in the race. That was such a minor run wide.
I wouldn't call it arrogance, doubt he was saying that in his mind, he simply made the wrong call and gambled the rain would hold off. Like you said Pedrosa did the same mistake.

Crutchlow getting on the podium was pure luck. All he's done this year is complain and rides like a punk when things don't go his way, while his teammates continue to do the best they can getting much better results - Dovi 5th in the Championship on the POS Ducati.

FastFreddy

In 2006 Honda produced many frames of various stiffnesses.
At one point poor Dani was wobbling down the straights on one of the too wobbly frames and testing up to 5 different frames in one weekend.

We've seen the pictures of the Honda when Marquez crashed and ripped off the fairing at Mugelo. This revealed the engine location and 90 degree angle in detail.

Honda have already mentioned that they put the cog at a 45 degree angle from the front wheel so that when braking above 1 G, the rear wheel starts to lift.

The setup is achievable for any factory or team that wants to replicate this work.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited: