Gun Talk Thread

RZ350 Rider

so you got a place to make holes in paper, or do you have to go to a range? Wish I had more land :(
I belong to a really great gun club. We put on DCM shoots (M1's Garands, M1 Carbines and now allowing AR's) Bowling pin shoots plus Practical Pistol competitions, along with Trap and Indoor 22's at night. There is always something going on. I also shoot at home (I own 2 1/2 acres in the mountains) and the last 1 1/2 acres is below the level of the rest of the land and you almost can't hear the rounds, not that it matters, because it's my land, but at least I don't piss off the nearest neighbors. We've shot a full auto 9mm Uzi with a wet supressor off the stoop and you couldn't even hear it in the house. One of my newest favorites is a Thompson Center "Katahdin" Encore in 460s&w. The club guys call it my "Deck Gun". The concussion and flame show is freakin awesome, and with the 460 at 350yds there is no holdover. The only problem with it is the rounds punch through the 5/16" steel plates

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Sure. I'll send you my Springfield V-16 Longslide for $1,800! JK My 1911's are one of the things I like to collect most.
Completely understandable! They are fine pieces and shoot pretty damn straight to boot! :D

RZ350 Rider

Completely understandable! They are fine pieces and shoot pretty damn straight to boot! :D
I agree!. Mine has the extra recoil spring for use with .45super ammo. It's a thicker case (made from a shortened rifle case, can't remember which caliber though) that can be loaded to higher pressures.

DragonBlu

I often wondered if anyone else thought these were sweet little hand cannons. I like to bring mine out when someone new comes to my house to shoot and tell them if they want to shoot at my place they have to shoot my 410. They are all for it until they see me pull it of of my pocket and stuff it with a three inch 410 shell.:) I love the expressions on their face. :confused:

CrazyCawi

It always a good day to go shooting.

Dude you do everything....You impress me every day...You Are The man...Seriously! Pilot, gun range, photo shoots at japanese gardens...the list goes on and on!!!! :cool:

24KMACH

Dude you do everything....You impress me every day...You Are The man...Seriously! Pilot, gun range, photo shoots at japanese gardens...the list goes on and on!!!! :cool:
Thank you, thank you very much. [Elvis quote] For that I will share my hotties from the NOS show at Griot's in Tacoma last weekend. I will not wash my fenders ever again[said three times]

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

Anyone have a Rock Island 1911 in .45 ACP?

I hear they are the best bang for the buck if your into 1911 A1 pistols like I shot in the US Army back in 1974....Ya I also was issued an M-16 A1...LOL...
old worn out Vietnam era weapons. (The M203 was my favorite to fire but not to carry)

I've had the Colt Enhanced Combat Commander Model Series 80 in SS but didn't like the shorter barrel. I like the standard length barrel and a simple single action 1911. I've heard different opinions on the metal used on the Rock Island as being crap to 100% like the original. I understand they are also made in the Philippines which isn't USA but I'm not into a Kimber custom or a Caspian or Norinco, Dan Wesson, Smith and Wesson or Bear. The Springfield models are now big $$ too. I hate Glocks.....they always point down in my hand.

FitZ6R

Anyone have a Rock Island 1911 in .45 ACP?
Not yet, but today's ride is going to include a stop at Sarco (just opened in PA), which has them cheaper than anywhere else I've seen... it's going to be tempting. I don't think I've heard anything bad about Rock Island from anyone who actually owns one.

The new Ruger SR1911 should be worth a look, too.

Spunky99

The new Ruger SR1911 should be worth a look, too.
I hear good things about this one.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963