Gun Talk Thread

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

nathanking

well i haven't really read every post on this thread but I LOVE MY GUNS hahaha

I have had the pleasure of taking some training courses in handguns and cqb with my ar. so much fun

Rifles:
x2 Bushmaster AR-15s
Sig 556
HK 93
Mossberg 22

Shotguns:
Browning BPS Hunter 12g

Handguns:
HK USP 40
Beretta PX4 40
Sub Compact Glock 40.

Last edited:

Deputyfarva252

I like this pic, thought I'd share:thumbup:

This pic bugs me , Gun Safty rule number one , dont put your finger ont he trigger unless you plan on destroying whats on the end of the barrel , sorry stuff like that just agravates me , im sure the gun is prolly unloaded but not the point , just not good gun handling....ok rant over

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Deputyfarva252

If I wanted to pile on, I would ask why it is her off-hand finger that's on the trigger, or why her off hand thumb is wrapped over her right hand instead of inline with the pistol...doing that is a great way to have the slide take off a chunk of your thumb.

Teach her how to hold that thing mang!!!!!

all very true and valid points , i didnt even look at it that close

Chucker

Here's a video of me with my carry weapon. I'm kinda new to guns.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDRE2gvRHn8]‪500 S&W Magnum‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Here's a video of me with my carry weapon. I'm kinda new to guns.

‪500 S&W Magnum‬‏ - YouTube

Shiiiiiiiit! That pea shooter ain't got nothin on my new carry weapon!

I might be holding it wrong, but I think I handle it pretty well!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZL797pOAZ0"]‪600 nitro express‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

:eek::D

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Good one , who caught the pistol ?:eek:
Reminds me of when my wife fired my Dad's snub-nose 44 mag , he always use max grain bullet and charge (hand loaded) .
haha, no clue... (not my vid of course ;)). Thing is a cannon for sure! Thought that big burly dude would put a serious grip on it but nope. You see he was going to one hand it at first? :eek:

Check out some of the vids for the 700 Nitro rifles. Crazy.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

CtrlAltDl

I'm really considering a Glock 19. I'm going to the range to rent one tomorrow to get a good feel for one. Only thing is I really don't want to drop $550 on one right now. Anyone know of anybody looking to sell one in California? Also how does that work in California? What are the laws about private sale of hand guns? I know there's the wait period to buy from a shop. But what are the restrictions for private sales and shipping?
Guns hold their value pretty well and you really don't save much buying used.

Your best bet is to check out the gun shows for deals.

I have a Glock 19, it's not gonna be much more accurate than your .38. It IS an excellent gun to carry though.

I pack my Glock 19 with a 17 round clip or a 15 round clip. I also have a 30-round clip for fun at the range.

If you need to pack more than 17 rounds than you are seriously in some deep sh!t, or you're just a really bad shot. LOL

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
That's kind of what I was afraid of as far as the value goes. I don't like buying anything used, (cars, bikes, etc...) I like new stuff, so I think I'll just save up some cash and get a new one. It just seems like that .38 wouldn't be the most ideal weapon to have if the shit hit the fan in the neighborhood. I'm not carrying, not even really planning on getting a concealed permit. Its more for home protection. We have suspected drug dealers in multiple homes near us, we've had garages in the neighborhood, including mine, emptied in the middle of the night, as well as cars stolen. You'd never guess it driving up our street because the homes are nice and it's a clean area. But crime hits anywhere you have greed. I just want to be prepared.

If you want a good Home Defense weapon, you just cannot beat the 12 Gauge!

JSP

Super Moderator
I pack my Glock 19 with a 17 round clip or a 15 round clip. I also have a 30-round clip for fun at the range.

If you need to pack more than 17 rounds than you are seriously in some deep sh!t, or you're just a really bad shot. LOL

Mag.... ;)

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited: