Gotta have it - Daytona 675

Tinkerbellskpr

I feel compelled to throw my opinion in...my boyfriend is currently deployed and has left his 07 daytona in my care :) Honestly, that bike is a beast-once you get on and ride it you don't ever want to get off of it! My poor fz6r has been left to accumulate dust for the past 2 months because I keep grabbing the key to the daytona. Its like I automatically gravitate towards it ;) In regards to the r/r problem, I strongly suggest joining the triumph675.net forum and reading the post about the issue. We actually contacted a guy from the forum named d'ecosse-he wires up new r/r's and sells them at a very reasonable price. Many people have done this change and as far as I know, they haven't experienced any issues with the r/r since. Congrats on the new bike!!! If you're ever in the area, hit me up...I'm always looking for an excuse to get the scorched yellow monster out!!!

Spunky99

Thats OK because the gals have to slide to the end of the seat to get up.....

geko

Picked the new bike up yesterday - I only got to do 25 miles on the ride home as the weather wasn't great (patchy freezing fog), really nice bike though.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Detrich

congrats! i've only heard great things about the daytona... a couple guys at our local meet ride them. and, they say they're light (<400 lbs> and very nimble on the turns.

how much was it, if u don't mind us asking?

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice bike.

geko

how much was it, if u don't mind us asking?
It was GBP8199 on the road with a full tank of fuel and I was able to spec it with GBP675 of free options so I had gel seat, colour coded pillion seat cover, aero screen, carbon fibre tail pipe end cap, alarm/immobilser, padock stand bobbins and 'Pazzo' style adjustable levers

Pete

JSP

Super Moderator
If I converted that right, that is 13,042.38 USD???

Detrich

i think they cost about $15K out-the-door in the U.S. too... roughly.

p.s. it just occured to me that bikes are prolly the only vehicle country-indifferent when it comes to setup. that is, unless the throttle is on the left side and the clutch on the right? :lol: xP

congrats! :)

It was GBP8199 on the road with a full tank of fuel and I was able to spec it with GBP675 of free options so I had gel seat, colour coded pillion seat cover, aero screen, carbon fibre tail pipe end cap, alarm/immobilser, padock stand bobbins and 'Pazzo' style adjustable levers

Pete

Last edited:

bmw675

when i was pricing them they were 10900 for msrp for the 2011 se, and 250 in fees. it was around 11500 otd b/c they said they dont discount them until they are really 'leftovers'. they had an 09 back in september that they had knocked down $700.

Detrich

bikes are setup the same regardless of country right?

bmw675

bikes are setup the same regardless of country right?
i would assume so, no reason to think otherwise.....what are you thinking of specifically???

btw, the dealer says they set them up upon delivery, just like all other brands. yet they dont charge for it b/c they get paid from triumph to do it. so they are not double dipping as some other dealers do.

Detrich

well, in japan and in uk they drive on the wrong side of the road :) so, in a car, they shift with their LEFT HAND, and steer with their RIGHT HAND.

so, i was curious if on bikes in those place if the throttle and clutch are reversed- like in a car. it would be weird having to clutch right, accelerate left. @_@

bmw675

:eyebrow: maybe they put the left turnsignal on the right and the right on the left. :)

i doubt it but...when i got on my fourwheeler for the first time after getting the 6r, i did a massive nose dive when i shifted gears and grabbed the front break. but yeah, im sure they are the same.

well, in japan and in uk they drive on the wrong side of the road :) so, in a car, they shift with their LEFT HAND, and steer with their RIGHT HAND.

so, i was curious if on bikes in those place if the throttle and clutch are reversed- like in a car. it would be weird having to clutch right, accelerate left. @_@