FZ6R Integrated Tail Light

bmw675

Has anyone installed this light yet? Is it like the one that cbzdel installed that you have to modify the wiring or the bulb?
thats what im waiting to find out. if its truly made for the fz6r, ill order one up, i just like using everyone else as guinea pigs. :D

sldwys87

I got this light today and the main bulb plug was different than the oem bulb plug? Anyone run into this problem? Thanks.

bmw675

Tinkerbellskpr

The plugs on mine were different also-lucky for my I have a man around who knows a thing or two about soldering! He cut the both the plugs off and soldered the oem plug directly onto the new taillight so that it would keep the watertight seal.

bikerMommy

I hooked up my tail light today. I am good with wiring, so the difference in plugs wasn't a problem. I didn't like the integrated blinkers, so I hooked up new smoke turn signals. Anywho, here's a few pics...

Attachments

bmw675

is there a reason you didnt like the integrated blinkers?

I hooked up my tail light today. I am good with wiring, so the difference in plugs wasn't a problem. I didn't like the integrated blinkers, so I hooked up new smoke turn signals. Anywho, here's a few pics...

bikerMommy

is there a reason you didnt like the integrated blinkers?
The integrated blinkers were pretty cool, but there were a couple reasons I decided not to hook them up. First of all, I like to be different. Plus, I want to keep my entire brake light for just that, a brake light. I'd rather have dedicated blinkers, that way I keep my entire brake light visible to the insane drivers that live here. And lastly, my smoke turn signals are awesome.. and I just wasn't willing to throw them aside yet :cool:

bmw675

i ordered this taillight last night on ebay and i got a message asking:

Sir, because this taillight connector was different between US & Europ model.
Please conform with us that which one taillight plug of your FZ6R stock is:

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/TXF168/eBay Question Photo/T Light/XJ6-FZ6R.jpg

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/TXF168/eBay Question Photo/T Light/XJ6-FZ6R2.jpg

So we will provide the the connection switch wires to you.
And this taillight is still perfect fit except the connector prbolem.
So please don't worried the compatible problems.

so apparently they switching the plug that some already had to play around with. if im assuming right, it is the first one listed, the flat base plug that i need, correct?

bikerMommy

so apparently they switching the plug that some already had to play around with. if im assuming right, it is the first one listed, the flat base plug that i need, correct?
Yup yup yup. You'll love the tail light, it looks soooo good!

lesh24

i ordered this taillight last night on ebay and i got a message asking:

Sir, because this taillight connector was different between US & Europ model.
Please conform with us that which one taillight plug of your FZ6R stock is:

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/TXF168/eBay Question Photo/T Light/XJ6-FZ6R.jpg

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/TXF168/eBay Question Photo/T Light/XJ6-FZ6R2.jpg

So we will provide the the connection switch wires to you.
And this taillight is still perfect fit except the connector prbolem.
So please don't worried the compatible problems.

So i got the light last night and the plug that i got was just a bulb socket and two loose wires for the turn signals, but either way should be easy to install and hook up!

Now just need to wait for the bike to come :D Hoping for Thursday!

Kleinfalls

They didn't ask me when I ordered mine - I hope they assume the correct connector since I live in Texas!!!! Glad they made a new version with the US connector - will make install a lot cleaner. Hate chopping up the factory wiring. Mine should be here any day.

Funny we all what to "customize" our bikes with the same tail light ROFL!!!

bmw675

They didn't ask me when I ordered mine - I hope they assume the correct connector since I live in Texas!!!! Glad they made a new version with the US connector - will make install a lot cleaner. Hate chopping up the factory wiring. Mine should be here any day.

Funny we all what to "customize" our bikes with the same tail light ROFL!!!
i ordered mine on friday i believe, and it said he was going to be unavailable until yesterday. so im expecting mine by the weekend, ill let you know what plug i ended up with. either way, i'm going to like getting rid of those stock turnsignals.

Kleinfalls

It wasn't backordered I don't think - they were just closed for Easter weekend from like the 1st until monday the 5th - LOL - it was on their website for shipping questions

Kleinfalls

They shipped the wrong one to me!!! ARG!!!! Oh well - guess I will have to modify the mod

bmw675

Kleinfalls

I ordered mine last wed or thurs.

I was wrong - I got confused - I thought the FZ6R had the flat connector - we have the round connector and that's what it came with - so all good

EDIT - flat connector - bike bandit schematics show round - but that's not right - good grief - annoying

Attachments

Last edited: