FZ6R Integrated Tail Light

bikerMommy

I bought one of these tail lights last night, and I can't wait for it to come in so I can install it. I have smoke colored flush mount turn signals in the front, so this will complete the look. Super hott

lesh24

Just got one also, now we will see what comes first the Lights or the actual 2010 Black W-Gold rims Fz6R?

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

Unfortunately, from what I've been told, that's a quick way to get a ticket in California. I'd love to do it but I'm not going to take the chance.
Why is it? Law that says you must have running turn signals etc?

Here in Florida, turn signals aren't required on bikes.

I truly hate integrated turn signals though, sure they look cool but their more dangerous than flush mount turn signals to me. Was riding with me friend and I couldn't tell if he was turning or braking and also ran right into him.

Tinkerbellskpr

I just ordered mine off Ebay as well. It was supposedly shipping from Ca. I half expected it to be here by now. As far as the legality in Ca, theres not gonna be much of a difference to the cops between flush mounts and integrated. The letter of the law states that they must be a certain length from centerline of the bike (read: stock) So if youre gonna get rid of those retarded looking stock turnsignals, you might as well buy what you like. The cops out here dont bother you as long as youre not attracting attention to yourself. Its after they pull you over for general hooliganism that they start racking up the "fix-it" tickets on top of whatever they pulled you over for.

JonKerr

Elite Member

mfischler

Elite Member

Newmason

Wow this looks like an awesome mod and would def work well on our bike! For those of you that have ordered one already please keep us informed on the install and when your shipment arrives! If its a plug and play this would totally rock!

JonKerr

Elite Member

joloy133

If you look at the stock position, the plate is outside the rear wheel at the tip of the fender. Moving the plate inward towards the rear axle would put the plate at the mounting bolts for the fender assembly under the rear taillight. ( I can't imagine that would look good.)

Bikegirl88

I assume that it would be possible to just use install the tail light hookup and leave the indicators not hooked up....

I like the look of the tail light but prefer to maintain my indicators as installed on my FE. Then again, with some simple wiring, we should be able to have both?

NoDoze

I assume that it would be possible to just use install the tail light hookup and leave the indicators not hooked up....
Awesome idea! Let us know if you succeed with this. I'll probably try to do this in the future.

lesh24

I like the look of the tail light but prefer to maintain my indicators as installed on my FE. Then again, with some simple wiring, we should be able to have both?
Yea this we my plan to actually have the stock lights or after a FE install to keep the lights still mounted on the sides and also wire up the tail making the stalk and the tail flash...but once I do it ill post some pics and How-To unless someone beats me to it.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
It might even pay to put in a relay so that the tail and stock lights flash in sequence rather than simultaneously. I think having them alternate would be more conspicuous. For example, the tail would blink, then the stock signals and so on....tail, stock, tail, stock...

Bikegirl88

I think I will order one tonight and see what I can do with it.

Some good ideas here.

thowell

Has anyone installed this light yet? Is it like the one that cbzdel installed that you have to modify the wiring or the bulb?