This forum was the biggest help in my bike transformation

arnie

I didn’t know one thing about motorcycles when I bought my buddy’s FZ6R at the beginning of this year. I just wanted something to ride and have fun with. Turns out this motorcycle is awesome. I haven’t posted much, but I believe I read almost every thread on this site! As a result I was able to modify and maintenance my bike myself, all thanks to you guys.

The first thing I did was change the oil, spark plugs, and a coolant flush. After I acquired a paddock stand I was able to clean and lube my chain. I highly recommend a gadget called GreaseNinja for doing that easily without wasting lubricant.

Then came the aesthetics - Flush mounted smoke turn signals / fender eliminator / integrated LED smoke tail light (which is awesome because it has white LEDs for the license plate, built in turn signals, and every time I apply the brake it blinks a few times before acting as a normal brake light)

For functionality - I went with a Two Brothers Exhaust, teamed up with a Power Commander 5 running Marthy’s AdvGear RevB fuel map. (Thank you Martin!) Woodcraft clip-on handlebars, and the Yamaha comfort seat.

The only other modification I’m wanting is a gear indicator. I’d like to try to copy another member’s (sti491) mounting style.

Tell me what you guys think!

Attachments

Last edited:

adazine

Premium Member

Hood92

Looks sharp! Good job making it your own!

I felt the same way, i wasnt planning to do much to my fz6r, just run it for a while until insurance lowered. But, from all i learned off this forum, did a handful of mods, now i dont think i can part with it.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

arnie

Im not sure how my first post got deleted. So here it is again.

I didn’t know one thing about motorcycles when I purchased my buddy’s FZ6R at the beginning of this year. I just wanted something to ride around on and have fun with. Turns out this bike is awesome. I was able to modify and maintence it myself thanks to all of you guys on this forum.

The first thing I did was change the oil, spark plugs, and flushed the coolant. When I acquired a paddock stand I was able to clean and lube the chain. I highly recommend a product called the GreaseNinja for doing that without wasting lubricant.

Then came aesthetics - flush mounted smoke turn signals, fender eliminator, integrated smoke tail light (which is awesome because it has white LEDs for the license plate, turn signals, and it blinks a few times before acting as a normal brake light)

For performance - I went with a TwoBrothers exhaust, PowerCommander 5 running Marthy’s ADVGear RevB fuel map (Thank you Martin!), Woodcraft clip-on handlebars, Air Induction System block-off plates.

The only other modification I’m wanting is a gear indicator. Preferably mounted similarly to another member’s (sti491) styling.

Let me know what you guys think!

TexanFZ6R

I love the clip ons for the look it gives the bike if nothing else. I do like the position too. Sporty but not as cramped feeling as a supersport