FZ6R Integrated Tail Light

bmw675

I ordered mine last wed or thurs.

I was wrong - I got confused - I thought the FZ6R had the flat connector - we have the round connector and that's what it came with - so all good
yours is round? i thought we had a flat connector.
thats what i ordered, based off of this thread, post 5

Kleinfalls

the bikebandit schematics show round - but guy on here says round is XJ6 - so you were right flat - dang why did they ship we wrong one - get out the wire cutters

Kleinfalls

So my integrated tail light is doing the same as someone else's on here - only the middle row of red lights light up - the side ones come on briefly - and flash a little with the RPMs of the engine - and then slowly dim until completely out - what does that sound like to anyone?????

bmw675

So my integrated tail light is doing the same as someone else's on here - only the middle row of red lights light up - the side ones come on briefly - and flash a little with the RPMs of the engine - and then slowly dim until completely out - what does that sound like to anyone?????
im not an expert by any stretch... but maybe it's pulling more power than what is being supplied. again, just a guess.

RockZooky

I would go over all your connection make sure all are 100% leaving nothing questionable and If it still not working i would call the company you bought it from. Good luck

Kleinfalls

whats weird there are only 5 wires - ground - running - brake - left turn signal - right turn signal - so if everything works just not the red leds on the left and the right - those aren't seperate wires

lesh24

So finally got the bike....and after a quick 10k ride, the new tail light went
on...

and it was pretty easy, took the approach of breaking the stock bulb and wiring it to the new LED tail so that I retain the stock harness..

but as some others also im not a big fan of only having one integrated light so
i just wired the lights to my stock posts and the work together

all in all it took about 1-2hrs if you include the beer and the bbq in there

Looks real good and happy about the Mod so far. If anyone wants to see a
video of the tail i have one of all the lights working

Kleinfalls

bmw675

bmw675

just got my tail light and it took exactly one hour to compete the install.
everything went as directions called for, except i believe i did my turn signal connections different.
mine came with blue and yellow wires, both had small square ends. i just looked at the connectors coming from the front on the right side. i unhooked the factory wires and looked to see which prong in the stock plug was positive, and slid the connector over the actual 'post' in the plug. taped it up so it stayed tight in the plug.
im sure its not the best, but i didn't have to alter any wires and everything seems to work.

Yone

So here is my malfunctioning light - I contacted tunerx-factory and they are sending me out a new one - hopefully this one works

http://www.kleinfalls.com/taillight.mpg
Did you have to do something extra to hook the front brake lever to the brake light? ...mine only illuminates the brake light when the rear brake is applied.

Kleinfalls

just got my tail light and it took exactly one hour to compete the install.
everything went as directions called for, except i believe i did my turn signal connections different.
mine came with blue and yellow wires, both had small square ends. i just looked at the connectors coming from the front on the right side. i unhooked the factory wires and looked to see which prong in the stock plug was positive, and slid the connector over the actual 'post' in the plug. taped it up so it stayed tight in the plug.
im sure its not the best, but i didn't have to alter any wires and everything seems to work.
which connector did yours have??? mine had the round connector - wondering if the circuit is different between the 2 versions of connectors

Kleinfalls

Did you have to do something extra to hook the front brake lever to the brake light? ...mine only illuminates the brake light when the rear brake is applied.
you know i noticed that there are 2 connectors under the brake fluid resevoir that connect to the front brake lever - make sure both of those are connected - one of mine was loose the other day

bmw675

which connector did yours have??? mine had the round connector - wondering if the circuit is different between the 2 versions of connectors
i can't find a picture anywhere online, so i will have to do my best at giving a description. on the end of the turn signal wires, they had a crimped on connector that was like a rectangle, about the same size diameter as the wire, about 1/2" long. it had a small opening, 'slit', inside that ran the length of the connector. if you look at your stock turnsignal plugs that you took off, and look at it from the end, you can see 2 of the same things inside of the connector.

:don'tknow: im deffinetly a visual person, and i don't think that would help anyone. :don'tknow:

Kleinfalls

not the turn signal connectors - the main connector for the brake light / running light - the new taillight - did it have a round connector or a flat connector? did it plug directly into the wiring harness that disconnected from your original bulb light?

bmw675

not the turn signal connectors - the main connector for the brake light / running light - the new taillight - did it have a round connector or a flat connector? did it plug directly into the wiring harness that disconnected from your original bulb light?
sorry. yes, it was the flat plug that it needed. no splicing necessary. worked great. im glad they asked and gave me that option, i guess others had complained about it.

Kleinfalls

ok - so i just thought of something today - does anyone have the integrated taillight working right (leds all stay on all the time - don't go out after several seconds) that also have a HID conversion headlight. I am starting to think that the LED taill light worked fine - but after I installed the HID it started acting flaky - and that's why if I just turn the ignition to on but don't start it - the headlight stays off and the taillight works fine - but as soon as i crank the engine the headlight commes on and then BAM the leds start to fade - does that make sense - does the alternator / battery not put out enough juice for the HIDs one ballast plus some LEDs (that require very littel juice) is it just coincidence or am I onto something - did I wire up the HID wrong??? go you upgrade the alternator on the bike??? what does everyone think????

JonKerr

Elite Member

Kleinfalls

Do you have the HID wired into the battery or did you bypass that step?
The way the HID is wired is this - I got the dual hi/lo 6000 from DDM tuning - so factory wiring hooks up for controlling and then there are the wires from the single ballast that had the round eyelet connectors - I assumed those go to the battery - so I ran that set of wires back to the battery and hooked them up.

Does that answer your questions???