Dirt Road Custom seat review

Alex6

I like that with the red piping. Would be even better with the red tuning fork logo right in the middle of the rear seat. Maybe a future upgrade as I am running out of things to upgrade.
I'm wondering how much of that red piping will be felt after a few hours on the bike? :spank:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

I'm wondering how much of that red piping will be felt after a few hours on the bike? :spank:
i did not get the piping because i hate the way dirt and stuff gets in there on like cars but i doubt it would be any comfort issue. He knows what he is doing and customs it up depending on what you want, shorter, taller etc.

Critter

Looks great Ryan,

Looks cool with the red piping, look forward to seeing pics of it on the bike!! I'm sure you'll enjoy your first ride on the seat much more than your last one!!

Mine just arrived yesterday. Just have to be able to get out and ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superzoom

Thanks for all the info and reviews.

I'm thinking about ordering a set, but I have a few questions.

How would the seat be for all-day comfort? I use my bike for a fair bit of touring, and usually ride 500-1000 km a day when I do so.

How is the back seat for passenger comfort? Any feedback from actual passengers? I tour two-up with my wife sometimes, and we've done trips of multiple thousands of kilometres.

When you ordered your seat, did you specify what type of riding you did in order to determine what type and thickness of foam you would need?

I hope that his seats take out all of the forward slope that the stock seats have.

Thanks!

RyanChristenson

There are two foam options. Standard and "big guy". Wife hasn't rode on new rear seat yet. I went with big guy despite being on edge of weight recommendation so as to have some added padding to go on longer rides.

latony007

Thanks for all the info and reviews.

I'm thinking about ordering a set, but I have a few questions.

How would the seat be for all-day comfort? I use my bike for a fair bit of touring, and usually ride 500-1000 km a day when I do so.

How is the back seat for passenger comfort? Any feedback from actual passengers? I tour two-up with my wife sometimes, and we've done trips of multiple thousands of kilometres.

When you ordered your seat, did you specify what type of riding you did in order to determine what type and thickness of foam you would need?

I hope that his seats take out all of the forward slope that the stock seats have.

Thanks!
If you ride 500-1000 on the stock seat you have an iron butt, but it will be much happier if you do it. Its a huge difference in comfort and yes it does reduce most of the forward sliding. im short so i asked him to keep it as low as possible, if your not worried about touching the ground like me he probably makes it even a little better. Bottom line is he will do whatever you want. As for the rear it is also definitaly a big difference you can see it just in the shape and my wife said so as well but she has only ridden on it for maybe an hour so i cant give you any long term, we use my cruiser (or now spyder) for 2 up riding.

Superzoom

There are two foam options. Standard and "big guy". Wife hasn't rode on new rear seat yet. I went with big guy despite being on edge of weight recommendation so as to have some added padding to go on longer rides.
I would actually guess that the "big guy" foam is firmer, and therefore a little less cushy for a lighter guy, but that's just me guessing. I am hoping to get something nice and cushy. I know many people like firm foam for sporty riding, and they feel it is more comfortable for longer rides, but I am a fan of cushy.

If you ride 500-1000 on the stock seat you have an iron butt, but it will be much happier if you do it. Its a huge difference in comfort and yes it does reduce most of the forward sliding. im short so i asked him to keep it as low as possible, if your not worried about touching the ground like me he probably makes it even a little better. Bottom line is he will do whatever you want. As for the rear it is also definitaly a big difference you can see it just in the shape and my wife said so as well but she has only ridden on it for maybe an hour so i cant give you any long term, we use my cruiser (or now spyder) for 2 up riding.
That all sounds good. I modded my current seat myself, but used a much too soft foam, so it's only good for a couple of hours.

It's too bad you didn't get your wife to test the rear seat for longer. The pictures of the wider rear seat look good, but it still seems a lot smaller than a genuine touring saddle. But it's a good compromise, nonetheless.

I took out the slope on the rear seat and added more foam myself, but it's only good for an hour before my wife is in pain. And she's a trooper.

RyanChristenson

About 50 miles over past couple days on new seat. It's defiantly comfortable. Less sliding stoping on it too. The piping can bother you leg a bit when stopped but I never noticed it while riding. Wife went for just couple minutes and said back seat was much more comfortable.

Marc

I'm interested to buy this seat but i would like to know if this seat will be also comfortable for the passenger.

latony007

I'm interested to buy this seat but i would like to know if this seat will be also comfortable for the passenger.
Yes alot, if you have the rear done. he will do either the front, back or both whatever you want. You do have to send in your seats so he can reuse the pan or you can pick-up a beat up set here or off ebay to send in thats what i did.

Superzoom

Thanks again for all the feedback, friends. Helped me make my decision to get my seats done.

I sent off my seats yesterday and I'm totally pumped up about it!

My wife raised the stakes by proclaiming the other day that "We should go on a little motorcycle trip every other weekend this summer." Man, I love her! So I'm happy to finally give her a decent passenger seat to spend all that time on.

With the Canadian dollar in free-fall, the seat mods are not the deal they once were, but I'm hoping they are totally worth it.

iaminsider

I will chime in now on this seat. I had it done this winter and now that it is in the 50's and 60's here in Minnesota I have gotten about 200 miles of saddle time in.... It is MUCH more comfortable. The "hot" spot in the middle of the seat is gone. There is even pressure all across the entire seat. Very much worth the cost.

latony007

I am yet to see anyone who does not say this is a major improvement over stock and better than the "comfort" seat which most people say is worse than the stock lol. Have not seen any comparisons to a corbin but since Corbin is double the price or whatever i will take the custom seat and be going back to him if i ever get another bike.

Superzoom

I am yet to see anyone who does not say this is a major improvement over stock and better than the "comfort" seat which most people say is worse than the stock lol. Have not seen any comparisons to a corbin but since Corbin is double the price or whatever i will take the custom seat and be going back to him if i ever get another bike.
Tony, I should thank you personally for advocating for Eddie. You have probably made riding about 25% more pleasurable for many of us FZ6R riders!

Still waiting to get my seats back. Should only be another week or two, I hope. I've got the heated jacket liner ready to go!