Dirt Road Custom seat review

latony007

Well i finally received my seats back after a long process mostly due to my inability to choose and ordering a patch from china that took forever. Let me start off by saying that eddie at Dirt Road is awesome to work with. He will do about anything you want done to the seat, has a bunch of materials to choose from and will customize it (like the logo) any way you want. I was afraid the seats would be higher so i did not want to have my stock seats modified so i bought a used set for cheap from Cobalt on the forum here. He sent them directly to eddie. I asked him to do the front only, send it to me and let me see if i like it before he did the rear. I liked the front when i received it but it was a bit too long making it very hard to put on the rear seat. So Eddie offered to pay for me to return it so he could trim it down a bit and gave me a discount on doing the rear he still had. He made the modifications and then we just had to wait for the patch. Once received it was on its way the next day, he actually works very fast the delays were all mine.

Anyway as you can see from the pictures the seats look a little different but are def. more comfortable. It almost makes it look a little more touring. Its not like it a lounge chair or anything but i dont notice it hurting like i did the stock seat.

in short i highly recommend his services for any seat type you have. I can't compare it to a corbin or anythign because i have never even seen one but better than the stock by alot for sure and half the price. if anyone is interested in having it done contact Eddie Copeland at [email protected]

Attachments

That seat looks great, I would like the rear like yours only because my girl doesn't feel comfortable on the stock rear. Logo looks great too. I also want to get a racing rear cowl that'll replace the seat all together.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Looks great Tony! Not too flashy, but noticeable to us guys that ride the 6R. I may do that down the road with something to show my love of my Navy service. Can I ask about how much does it run? Also does he modify the seat or is it just a new cover?
Thanks Scott, There is a good amount of modification to make it more comfortable. really the reason there is a new cover is because the old one is not large enough to accommodate. If you look at my BOTM picture or any good shot of the stock seat you will really see the difference. He creates like a butt shape towards the rear (of both seats) which i think is what makes all the difference, he also uses a different type of foam and adds a little wedge up front to attempt to keep the slide forward to a minimum. he could easy put your ship patch if you had one or just the navy symbol on there. i actually picked out the patch on ebay and he ordered it for me so it would ship right to him. I paid in a couple stages because of the front back deal but if you wanted both with the foam mods i think its around 200. Less if you just wanted new covers. Email him and he will quote you, rabbitman got his done all red, i wasnt that bold and just got red stitching probably not too visable in the photos but looks great in person. It looks bigger on the bike for sure but i got used to it really quick and it doesnt seem out of place to me.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

latony007

looks awesome...how was he price wise? (not for me I now have a corbin) but for others?
less than half the corbin to do both seats. around 200 depending on what specifics you want.

latony007

i wanted to bump this thread because i have been riding on the seats about every weekend for 3 months, my longest being about 160 miles and here is my report and the most glowing thing i can say about this seat, i don't notice it anymore. The stock seat used to just bug the crap out of me right from the get go never mind after an hour. This one after 4 hours i didn't notice a thing which is awesome.

travisH3

i wanted to bump this thread because i have been riding on the seats about every weekend for 3 months, my longest being about 160 miles and here is my report and the most glowing thing i can say about this seat, i don't notice it anymore. The stock seat used to just bug the crap out of me right from the get go never mind after an hour. This one after 4 hours i didn't notice a thing which is awesome.
Gahhhh the mods never end. My butt is killing me after 20 minutes of riding...

latony007

Gahhhh the mods never end. My butt is killing me after 20 minutes of riding...
LOL, If there is anyone who thinks the stock seat is good after 30-60 I would be very surprised.

Bert-Aus

LOL, If there is anyone who thinks the stock seat is good after 30-60 I would be very surprised.
We Aussie must be a pretty tough breed then:p

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

ElecGod

Elite Member

latony007

Thanks for passing on this info latony007. I can say so far Eddie has been a real pleasure to work with. I'll be sending my seat out to him very soon! Not to dissapoint all of you but im just going to go with a simple look ;-) Looking for more of a comfort upgrade than style. I'll report back in a bit on my opinions of the seat. Thanks again latony007!
no problem, do something though, go with the stiching color at least, no charge for it. If you have the raven i say get red stiching would look cool.

Done 600 miles (1000km) in a day on the stock seat with no complaints.
your one of the few i have seen, im guessing if we started a poll it would be like 90% -10%

ElecGod

Elite Member
Last edited by a moderator: