Dirt Road Custom seat review

latony007

You'll be very pleased!!
you will be, and i was fortunate enough to get another set of seats from someone on this forum so i was qble to ride while waiting and still have a practically new set of stock seats. He works fast though, most of my time was waiting for either that Yamaha patch from China or me deciding what material and color.

J

justBlue

Thank you for sharing. I really like my FZ6R, but can't ride more then a hour without sitting bones just flaring up like a big dog. I emailed the fellow - see if he can help me. I'm just looking for comfort. I bought the upgraded Yamaha seat (gel). But, it made a small difference for me.
Thanks again - I love this forum - I get so much information! Hope to share as well.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

latony007

Thank you for sharing. I really like my FZ6R, but can't ride more then a hour without sitting bones just flaring up like a big dog. I emailed the fellow - see if he can help me. I'm just looking for comfort. I bought the upgraded Yamaha seat (gel). But, it made a small difference for me.
Thanks again - I love this forum - I get so much information! Hope to share as well.

Mike
Same with me mike, about 45 minutes to an hour before it was bothering me and about 2 before i was saying i have to get off this thing now. I am sure he will be able to help. Dont get me wrong its not like sitting in your recliner at home but I have been on 3 hours without really even noticing it now. I heard from several people on this site that the yamaha comfort seat should have been relabeled the yamaha no comfort seat and thats one of the main reasons i went with Eddie, that and Rabbits recommendation and pictures.

ElecGod

Elite Member
Not a surprize here but everyone is very correct. The seat is much better. So glad I pulled the trigger on this one. If the stock seat is a problem for you send it to Eddie you'll be glad you did. I'm not going to waste anyones time with pictures. Its smooth black with red stitching. Not much to show IMO. Thanks again to the folks who shared the info. This forum is AWSOME! Even if I mostly just lurk around....
I wouldn't mind seeing a picture or 2 just to see them since I have a raven and thinking about the black with red stitching, if it's not too much trouble for you?

Tony, Did you notice was it harder to remove the rear seat and put it back in place after you had them re-done? Just curious if it's thicker padding, it will be a tough fit for re-install?

latony007

Tony, Did you notice was it harder to remove the rear seat and put it back in place after you had them re-done? Just curious if it's thicker padding, it will be a tough fit for re-install?
i noticed its a pain in the a** to get the rear seat back on with the stock or the replacement lol. If it seats right it clicks right in but sometimes i have a hard time.

mine are black with red stiching just check out my pictures. i forget the name of the material i picked but its just has a pattern in it instead of smooth. The only difference in mine is that i bought a patch from ebay for like 5$ and he put it in the rear seat cover for me for like $15 or something.

Last edited:
i noticed its a pain in the a** to get the rear seat back on with the stock or the replacement lol. If it seats right it clicks right in but sometimes i have a hard time.

mine are black with red stiching just check out my pictures. i forget the name of the material i picked but its just has a pattern in it instead of smooth. The only difference in mine is that i bought a patch from ebay for like 5$ and he put it in the rear seat cover for me for like $15 or something.
Yea I hate the rear seat. Thanks for the reply.

How much higher do you sit with the seat re-done? I'm about 5' 10" and can flat foot ok right now but just curious how much this raises you up?

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

latony007

Yea I hate the rear seat. Thanks for the reply.

How much higher do you sit with the seat re-done? I'm about 5' 10" and can flat foot ok right now but just curious how much this raises you up?
im not sure it really raised up much at all, i asked him to keep it as low as possible cause im only like 5'6 so its minimal if any. I get about the same amount of foot on the floor but backing up seems a bit more of a pain, maybe because the rear of the seat is bigger im not sure, could be in my imagination too. i would certainly not trade it back that much is for sure.

Does he have a website, or is it all through email? I'm curious as to options in leather type and the like.
Emai', however he will mail you samples of all the materials and you can check them out and choose what you like.

ksanbon

Shout out to Tony & Rabbitman,
Thanks for making Eddie known. My GSXR seat was causing numbing and discomfort in my perineum after an hour in the saddle, so I contacted him. I also told him what I weighed.
He redid the padding with his "B" foam (for riders under 170 pounds) and made a lower relief channel down the center of the saddle. The stock saddle was pretty flat from front to back so he contoured the foam so I feel a lot more secure in the sweet spot.
What a difference! The seat holds me in place better so I don't have to grip the tank as hard with my knees. The softer foam took the harshness out of going over bumps w/o being squishy. Finally, I just came back from a 2 hour ride over a variety of roads with no discomfort, and the rest of my body feels better because I'm more secure on the saddle.

Now all I have to do is handle the luggage issue...

latony007

Shout out to Tony & Rabbitman,
Thanks for making Eddie known. My GSXR seat was causing numbing and discomfort in my perineum after an hour in the saddle, so I contacted him. I also told him what I weighed.
He redid the padding with his "B" foam (for riders under 170 pounds) and made a lower relief channel down the center of the saddle. The stock saddle was pretty flat from front to back so he contoured the foam so I feel a lot more secure in the sweet spot.
What a difference! The seat holds me in place better so I don't have to grip the tank as hard with my knees. The softer foam took the harshness out of going over bumps w/o being squishy. Finally, I just came back from a 2 hour ride over a variety of roads with no discomfort, and the rest of my body feels better because I'm more secure on the saddle.

Now all I have to do is handle the luggage issue...
There may be one out there but i have not run up against a sport bike that would not massively benefit from Eddies services. Most cruisers too.

Dok1

Pulled the trigger

New to the forum, been lurking for sometime, reading, doing my homework, decided the 6R was the right bike for me. Bought a '14 Red/White 2 weeks ago and just had my 600 mi. service. After riding Mulholland Hwy., a trip to Ventura through the canyon from Moorpark and a run up Hwy. 33, I had to find a better seat.

Reading about DirtRoad custom seats on this forum, thank you latony007, I emailed Eddie, we spoke, decided on color(red)and material(wave) and sent my seat(s) to him today!

Unfortunately, I don't have a spare seat, so unless I can find someone local willing to let me borrow or rent a one, I'll have to wait. I could always scoot around on my '78 DT175 in the meantime:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dok1

Here's a few pics of my seat(s) from Eddie. Should receive them by Wednesday.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dok1

This has been the longest week of my life! Feel lost without riding - seat(s) should be here tomorrow(Wednesday) :cool:

latony007

This has been the longest week of my life! Feel lost without riding - seat(s) should be here tomorrow(Wednesday) :cool:
i actually bought a old set off a member here so i wouldnt have to go the week without the bike, which was a good thing because the patch i ordered from China took forever. yours looks awesome that is probably the best ones i have seen. Kinda wish i did that tri color thing on mine.
Hey wait a minute, your in T.O.? I grew up there and work in Westlake.