Camshaft specs... The next project!

stevet

This one's going to be a hum dinger Marthy. I think a cam mod is going to be the ticket out of the +5HP barrier. Good luck!!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Well... The beast has started! Definitely sound different. I'll finish it tomorrow... need new plugs.

Cleaning time now. End up using stock timing mark... The numbers I get are exactly what I found online for a 2007 stock R6??? Hope I can make it all happen before 12K...
You tease , you know we want to know more .
Hope all goes well with first ride , or first stationary spin of gears .
Did you stay with stock TB ?

traverser

I'd love to hear this in person for the non-believers on the board, but i'm very intrigued myself. I'm used to 4 cylinder cars, so this is a bit different for me, but not much. I'm not the best with cams, but turbo projects, aren't as hard as NA setups, so you've caught my attention, either way I'm interested I can't wait to see this locally, hopefully not while I'm in my cager though.

Chevyfazer

Awesome glad it worked out if all goes well on the deals gap ride later this year I can't wait to see it in person as well....next step r6 custom grind cams for drag racing? Oh wow

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice!!! I can't wait to get some actual output numbers from it! :eek:

See red

WOW! Congrats on getting to keep your engine on a first try! I am very excited to see some dyno numbers and see what a proper tune will yield. Are you planning to take bikes with a fistfull of cash and do the conversions?

You really should just open a shop. Get a dyno, and go open up a small shop.

stevet

Congrats Marthy! You persevered, worked really hard and won. You can tell by the amount of response from everyone here that the excitement is almost as high as the space shuttle taking off. The engine sounded really healthy. We're all eager to hear what the butt dyno says. Best regards and well done Marthy! My gosh what we have to do to get an R6!

Spunky99

Wow..I mean Wowser or OMG or sweet baby Jesus
That thing sounds crazy

TokenSSDD

Wow that sounds great. Good job. You're the man Marthy! :thumbup:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Good job Marthy .

Dyno numbers . Power curve , horsepower output , torque , those are the questions . :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

UselessPickles

After you get it tuned and get dyno results, send me the dyno run file (not an image of the dyno chart) and I'll simulate some comparisons between stock and your modded bike: 0-60mph, 0-100mph, 1/4 mile, 60-80 top gear acceleration, etc :)

Then the challenge will be for you to match the simulated 1/4 mile results :p

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Hellgate

Sure, I will. Always like to race computer... lol:rolleyes:

Look like I might make more HP with less fuel...? I'll do research over the weekend to find a good dyno/tuner guy in the area...
For the stock FZ6 its fat. After a good tune, "leaning" it picks up about 5 to 7 on top, and about 8 in the mid-range.

Check out the tuning centers in Florida listed on the Factory Pro site.

Factory Pro: Producers of the EC997 Low Inertia Eddy Current Dynamometer Series and Quality MC performance products

They list Full Spectrum Racing, Atlantic Cycle Service, Two Boys Racing and Phoenix Motorcycles.

Have fun!

Last edited: