Camshaft specs... The next project!

Y

yellowfz

Thanks for the updates on the cam swap . Sounds like you are getting closer to a solution .
Yeah 112* to 114* is about right . Good idea on the slots to advance or retard .

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

pilninggas

I've been looking around to buy a shim kit to adjust the valves. They come in 3 different size. 7.48mm, 9.48mm and 8.90mm. Anyone know what is the outside diameter of the shims for the 6R? I just can't find any info...
Funny that, not a jot in the workshop manual regarding the diameter of the shims:confused:

Big respect for what you are doing; I once did the clearances on my 20-valve fzr1000exup. I do reckon you are onto something 'dialling' the camshaft timings in, on the exup you could liberate a lot more power doing this - the best bit it is easier on the fz6r. I was considering putting an FZ6 complete head on, which would have a similar effect. I wonder if all of the oil ways, dowels etc line straight up?

Keep up the good work marthy, every army needs a pathfinder:D

yfz6r

Best of luck, marthy. Shame the frame is so different on the fz6 or we could just bolt and go. Fz6 frame is prettier and lighter too :(

Y

yellowfz

Best of luck, marthy. Shame the frame is so different on the fz6 or we could just bolt and go. Fz6 frame is prettier and lighter too :(
Funny visually I thought the two looked real close , I had my bike next to a FZ6 and the power plants mounting points looked the same , but I did not have the faring off to inspect all of them . Wish we had access to info such as frame and mounting point data .

darksidefz6r

any updates on this?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Lmao Call ya marthyJOTS

Sent from Joshua's android dominating iPhone using Tapatalk

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

stevet

Thanks for the update Marthy! We're all eager to hear about your progress on the camshaft mod. I think it should be very promising. Have a great time in Montreal.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sdouble

something strange

You leave in Palm Beach, right ?
it's wintertime, right ?
So why are going to Montreal ?
You're fed up with nice and cool weather ? :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Timing gears are machined... I want to do it right away so freaking bad! Got 2 dinner party for the next 2 days and still some shopping to do before leaving for the motherland.
Good to hear , can't wait for results .

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member