Camshaft specs... The next project!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Hellgate

Just an update for the ones that are interested.

The MAP is getting close enough for a good base line on the Dyno now. I can tell right away that I might need to move the cams around a tinny bit. As soon as I hit 4K the bike comes alive. The mid range is just amazing! It still pull all the way to 12500... but doesn't have the top end rush that I was expecting. I did time the cams on the conservative side, since the 6R is short of 2K RPM compare to the FZ6. I could move the cams right away, but I want to check how it ends up first. I'm more interested in overall performance than peak HP.

So as of right now if it was the best I could do I will still be very happy with this mod. If you are mechanically up to the task, this is the best HP mod per $ by far! I'm planning the Dyno run Thursday or Friday...
My guess is the mid range is nice because of the smaller intake ports and valves of the 6R vs. the FZ6. Same reason for lack of top end rush. That said timing the cams a little more may help. Maybe advance them a little more?

And until you can get on the dyno its hard to know what the correct map is.

If you can stick with the Factory Pro shops as they use a 4 Gas instead of only an O2 sensor. Aim for 4% to 5% CO and you'll be spot on.

Looking forward to the end product Marty. :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Hellgate

Great Marty. I'm glad it sounds like a good shop.
Looking forward to the results.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Hellgate

Any updates Marty?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

6R Blackout

Marthy correct me if I am wrong but I believe I came across a you tube video with the new cams of you doing a start up? If so it sounded really really good! Do more please!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

I was just thinking out loud (often dangerous) but if the fz6 has a detuned r6 motor and the fz6r has a detuned fz6 motor, is their a way you could disable the rev limiter, and use the full potential of your new cams. From my under standing the bottom end of all 3 are pretty much identical so all 3 rotating assemblies should be able to spin 16k all day with out breaking a sweat. With a reflashed ecu from ecu unleashed you very well might be able to make pretty close to stock fz6 numbers on the dyno, unless what I'm thinking cant be done?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Ah ok, we'll in that case I wonder how much a new set of r6 valve springs would cost, or im sure you could find some off something to work on eBay, if you wanted to go that route.

cloudfire

Ok, now I'm seriously intrigued! What is this I hear about unlocking something with the PCV that requires a password??? Where is such a password acquired?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bruno

Rev x-tend or something like that. Honestly, not something that can be used if you don't change valve spring and cams... You might be able to get away if you want to spin the engine 13K - 13250 but not much more than that I will think so. Personally, I'll manage to make power under 12500 RPM.

I've been thinking about for a long time! "How could i extend the rev in my bike?" Is that what you're saying? is there such device? Good news? I don't care if i get more hp at the end... as long as i gain it!