Camshaft specs... The next project!

Hellgate

Here's my FZ6 plot on a Factory Pro dyno. The red trace is with a DynoJet map, the blue trace is with the tuned map.

Note the very bottom traces are % CO, note how fat the bike was prior to the tune.

The only mods on the bike are an Akrapovic slip-on, the Power Commander, and the tune.

As they say, "Lean is mean!"

Note: For you numbers guys add 17% to get typical DynoJet result numbers.

DynoFZ6.jpg

Y

yellowfz

Well, first impression... I started with Avgear RebB and it went good but felt like the bike was running fat a bit. I loaded the zero map for a quick spin around the block and much better! I'll do few phone call around... I might just get it done on the dyno this time. I'll give it few days... so far so good.

idle to 4K feel like it pull like a BMX then 4-8K is better than stock. Over 8K need more tuning... I'll get there.
Something I have seen on cammed cars and trucks , it smells richer but it is actually is leaner be careful (especially without CATs)
Without a wide-band it can be deceptive , of course with your extensive racing history you already knew that .
For others benefit .

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

I'll go for a nice ride over the weekend with the laptop in the top case... lol
Yeah data logging is fun . :)
I have the PCV with Autotune. This is actually a Wide Band sensor in the exhaust... You put the A/F Ratio that you want and it gives you the correction. But in real world, it's a POS! Work alright at 80% and 100% but as soon as you coast or rev down it tell you to lean the crap out of it...

Yeah a BEN MAP is much better for AFR (EQ , Lambda) tuning , it logs acceleration and deceleration all in one MAP , plus PE (power enrichment) and you can filter transient throttle movement .

Do you think you can make enough compensation in the ECU MAP to make up for the rest ? Is there anyway to load a new MAP into the ECU , I know the PC just does fueling (injectors) . Thinking out loud .

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Roughly how many horses u reckon you will get out of her??
I think everyone is waiting for that bit of info .
I didn't see Marthy saying anything like ; Holly Crap ! Or , it pulls the front wheel off the ground with just a twist of the throttle , yet .

Marthy I have seen it with cars and I a sure you have as well , AFR that the PC commands is just injector pulse width so I doubt that changed that much with cam install , larger injectors , yes it would then .

Of course using E10 you would be better off tuning at 14.12 AFR (middle of the road so if pumps are not exactly E10 , which is a likelihood) or even 13.89 AFR (exact) more real world numbers for E10 .

The PC is just doing fuel and not cylinder mass , timing or other things that influence the engine tuning , limited resources trying to gain from a single tool , not that it is a bad thing , just need more than the PC I would think to get full potential .

Millhouse

I didn't see Marthy saying anything like ; Holly Crap ! Or , it pulls the front wheel off the ground with just a twist of the throttle , yet .

Marthy I have seen it with cars and I a sure you have as well , AFR that the PC commands is just injector pulse width so I doubt that changed that much with cam install , larger injectors , yes it would then .

Of course using E10 you would be better off tuning at 14.12 AFR (middle of the road so if pumps are not exactly E10 , which is a likelihood) or even 13.89 AFR (exact) more real world numbers for E10 .

The PC is just doing fuel and not cylinder mass , timing or other things that influence the engine tuning , limited resources trying to gain from a single tool , not that it is a bad thing , just need more than the PC I would think to get full potential .
14.12 would be safe for cruising, but way to lean for WOT conditions. Most engines tuned on pump gas shoot for 11.7-12.5 afr under WOT where you will see max hp.

traverser

I'm local and stock, almost broke in, (another 400 miles till I feel broke in.) I can't say I'm an excellent rider, but if you feel like setting a day for PBIR, (after you get 100% dialed in,) we can see how you do compared to a completely stock FZ6r, that's added a few pounds, (180 pound rider,) with an added sw motech center stand.

Y

yellowfz

14.12 would be safe for cruising, but way to lean for WOT conditions. Most engines tuned on pump gas shoot for 11.7-12.5 afr under WOT where you will see max hp.
I figured he would know that was not in WOT conditions.
Actually 12.8 to 13.2 for NA , you are in boost with that rich , 11.7 , unless you are compensating for the E10 , 3 to 4 percent difference.

To rich kills power just as to lean will.
Seen it time after time lean makes more power.

Spunky99

To Marthy,
I'm still sitting on those YSR R6 throttle bodies and the offer still stands. Yours for the cost of shipping. I kept them just in case you ever needed them as I've been following this thread.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member