Well, she no longer owns the FZ6R! FZ1 is HERE! ***REVEAL with NEW PAINT!!***

J.J.

I'm catching up on all the older threads since my snowmobile season is coming to a close. All I have to say is what a beautiful bike your wife got and that deal is simply amazing. Its nice to hear about good friends working together to enjoy a sport. We do similiar things with our sleds but man, now I need to go talk to my friend Chris and have him find me a FZ1. Thank you for posting and congratulations! judy

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Well, it took long enough but I completed her build today. :D She went with a 1997 Toyota color or a truck I used to drive. It is called Mystic Purple Mica Pearl but she opted for gold pearl instead of violet. So, after some work, here is what we came up with. Hope you like it!

NoDoze

That's an amazing deal and a cool bike :) Congratulations!

bigguybbr

That is awesome! I hope she enjoys it!

And if she doesn't, I'm perfectly willing to trade. I can be up to NH is under 2 hours :justkidding:

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Thanks all! She loves it and I'd even ride it! I think the only mods for her will be a windshield, heated grips and some parts blacked out. For me, suspension is next!

Here's some pics of the parts that show it off a little better. :D

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
BTW, she claims this bike is easier to stand up (she's a small woman) than the FZ6R. It weighs just a tad more (I think, 17 lbs?) but it has a lot more of the weight lower in the chassis. It does have a lowering link which is micro-adjustable from stock height to 4" drop. We have it dropped about 2.5" and I dropped the forks .825" for now. It's a typical I4 where it can be as tame as you want it, but hit 8k RPMs and hold on!!!

JSP

Super Moderator
Very nice man! Beautiful bike. Great work! :D

bjs045

Very nice looking bikes. Saw the youtube vid last night and I like she through some gold flake into the paint. It makes it pop just enough. :) I'm curious, what's MPG does the FZ1 get?

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Very nice looking bikes. Saw the youtube vid last night and I like she through some gold flake into the paint. It makes it pop just enough. :) I'm curious, what's MPG does the FZ1 get?
Thanks! My GoPro HD was not charged yesterday so I charged it over night and took a video a while ago. I'm trying to get it uploaded now. ;)

The FZ1 in stock format gets about 34 mpg if you behave. Not great compared to the FZ6R... it really should have had a larger fuel tank IMHO. We have to stop about every 125 miles or so when it starts flashing LOW. But, I'll take it over my old FZ6 any day. :D

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Let's try this one... If you go to Youtube and watch the 1080p version, I think it best highlights the paint job on the bike. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UBJ3g3ByEY]YouTube - 2007 Yamaha FZ1 - Wife's new paint in Mystic Purple Mica Pearl[/ame]

JonKerr

Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Very nice. I really like the color with the gold forks. Are those the stock forks for that year bike? Are they Soqi or another brand. I'm seriously considering an FZ1 for my next bike. Not sure if I want to go used for this generation of bike or see what Yamaha comes up with when/if they ever decide to do a full redesign of the bike.

BTW - What's all that odd white tuff all over the ground???? lol
Those are the stock forks for the FZ1. They only put out black forks here in the US for the 2009 Cobalt Blue and a limited run on other years and colors. Unsure who makes them for Yamaha though. Thanks!!

Yeah, that stuff all fell on Friday. As of tonight it is mostly gone but more coming tomorrow. I swear this winter will NEVER end! ;) Global warming my arse! :spank: :spank: :p

JonKerr

Elite Member

J.J.

That turned out great & like the story about matching your old toy. Two totally beautiful bikes!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
She finally got to ride it yesterday and today. :D I had to adjust the clutch last night for her and I lowered it some more so she is now flat-footing the bike with a 29" inseam. :thumbup: She loves it and I have to say, it is a color that even I would ride around but my custom paint job will not be purple. I'm going for a different look. ;)

Thanks all! If you have not checked out that last video in 1080p, please do as it shows off the bike the best!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
With it lowered the way it is, she says it is a TON easier to stand up than her FZ6R was plus it weighs nearly the same yet she describes it as better balanced and a lower center of gravity so she finds it easier all around to ride. She's not an aggressive rider anyway so I'm comfortable with her on the liter bike. :D