Well, she no longer owns the FZ6R! FZ1 is HERE! ***REVEAL with NEW PAINT!!***

e.blackadder

This is very nice. How much did the paint job cost?

I’ve been kinda lusting after FZ1, but in all honesty the moments when I’d want more power are the moments when I shouldn’t have that much power. Probably the remnants of my teenage hormones bubbling into my mid-life crisis.

I have been looking at FZ8, but it’s too naked for me. It looks like the previous edition FZ1, so perhaps next version FZ8 will have windscreen and partial fairing like the current FZ1.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
This is very nice. How much did the paint job cost?

I’ve been kinda lusting after FZ1, but in all honesty the moments when I’d want more power are the moments when I shouldn’t have that much power. Probably the remnants of my teenage hormones bubbling into my mid-life crisis.

I have been looking at FZ8, but it’s too naked for me. It looks like the previous edition FZ1, so perhaps next version FZ8 will have windscreen and partial fairing like the current FZ1.
Well, it was going to cost over $1,600 but we saved about $850.00 by prepping the parts ourselves to ready them for paint. It's easy to do, just time consuming labor. So, after prepping and having him finish it, we paid $754.00 and it looks like a factory finish.

She loves the FZ1 and feels like it handles a lot better than her FZ6R. Yes, the bike has a CRAZY amount of HP but it can be very tame if you stay out of the upper RPMs. She's not an aggressive rider so she is safe. The main reason she wanted it was because is it cheap and EASY to lower and that it has a TON of electrical power to run heated gear and accessories, something the FZ6R couldn't do for her without killing the battery. :D

If you can get control over the throttle hand, I'd say go for it. Lots of great deals on quality used ones out there!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I dunno, methinks I'm not mature enough (in infrequent gusts, thankfully) for a 150 HP bike. Perhaps in a few years...
Kudos to you for admitting this. Some others won't/haven't and we've all read about the results of those! You'll be ready and by then, the newly designed FZ1 should be waiting for you with that cross-plane engine. ;)