Touring?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sammy56

If you want to buy a 26" windscreen without hand guards, go to "Cee Bailey's" web site, they sell them and tinted if you want.
I have one on my bike and I like it. Plenty of threads with pics here already.

LB

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sammy56

Those look nice! A little pricy, but nice craftmanship. :thumbup:
The price is the trade off for those of us who don't have the skills and/or time to make our own :(
Believe me, my wallet is thinner with every mod I make since I rarely create them myself. At least I installed it though :D:D
C'est la vie mon ami.

LB

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

See red

I have a friend who owns a servo and motor rewind house. He has done the altenator on my cars and two of my previous bikes. I don't know what he will charge, I am not sure what he can get out of the space we have. I do know he usually suprises me when I ask for something.

See red

Ok.... no offense, cee baily things.... all I can say is ..... wow.. those are like a kite shape.... umm..... ok I will look at making my own lmao!!!! Marthy are you using polycarbonate, Acrylic, or standard plexi glass? I know the plexi is easiest to work with but the acrylic is better for the scratch resistance.

Thanks for the suggestions sorry for the hi-jack.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sammy56

Ok.... no offense, cee baily things.... all I can say is ..... wow.. those are like a kite shape.... umm..... ok I will look at making my own lmao!!!! Marthy are you using polycarbonate, Acrylic, or standard plexi glass? I know the plexi is easiest to work with but the acrylic is better for the scratch resistance.

Thanks for the suggestions sorry for the hi-jack.
No offense taken. I am sure whatever you come up with will be "bada$$" and absolutely "kill" in the parking lot.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Superzoom

If you look at my thread "Custom Windscreen" I put a picture of the 22" screen with all the dimension that you need, be free touse it to get started. If I had 1 recommendation... if you're going to go more then 20"-22" go this route (on pic) the flow is more laminar. You will need to add extra support behind the mirrors too. I'm sure you can come up with something better then what I did... Let me take few more pics.... I will post them later.
Martin, how does your windscreen perform so far? It looks amazing.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

See red

Nice! I will probably not get to this for a little while, but I will post pictures when I get it going.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Superzoom

I play a little with the gap, increase the gap at 1/2" on top. Really nice! I think on that set up you can go to 20" on the main screen.
Martin, one thing I've seen mentioned on laminar lip design is that the lip piece should be at a slightly steeper angle that the main screen. For some reason, this smooths out the airflow the best. I don't recall the angle, but it might be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 15 degrees.

Superzoom

If we have so many who use the bike as a sport tourer why don't we have a thread for touring??? lol
There's actually a dedicated section for touring, but it's WAY down the index page. Plus, I think the truth is the vast majority don't use the FZ6R for frequent touring.

See red

The reason for the different angle is to creat a draft which draws are in air better from the lower screen, the air coming through mixes at a different speed and creates a nice flow instead of buffeting. Most touring and sport touring dedicated bikes have a vent at the base of the windscreen to do the same thing.