Touring?

Jay S.

Jay,

I bought everything at once. The pain of dealing with the unhappy wife was shorter that way. Kind of like a band aid ripping off, ya know.

I like the Laminar Lip a lot. I only have wiffs of air moving gently around my helmet in a clean even flow.

It isn't as easy to apply as it looks. I mean essentially you just push in onto the stock windscreen, and BLAM, it's on. But, I didn't measure mine so it's not exactly perfect. But, no one seem to notice.

At first you realize it's just glued in place and you feel a little uncertain. But I've been banging around on mine for a while and like it a lot.

I can't say whether you'll think it is worth the price. I will say that the air flow is smooth and unbuffeted and it certainly increases wind protection, particularly sideways, on your left and right, widening the wind protection.

I don't even notice the wind anymore, except around my helmet. I really need wind flow around my helmet though because otherwise when I step off the bike my hair is sopping wet.

I wear a 3/4 helmet btw, which is pretty unusual. I feel the wind on my face only.
Thanks for the feedback! I can't remember, what brand lip did you get?

Jay S.

I'm intrigued too. Is the install difficult / tricky? I seem to have lost my CB, $30 doesn't seem like that bad of an investment, and sounds more functional.
Not tricky at all. Since it is universal you have to figure out which parts are for your bike as you install it, specifically the bar and set screw. If I remember correctly there are a couple youtube clips that cover installation, but the directions on the package are just fine. I'll see if I can find the youtube clip later (when I'm not at work).

:D

AngryAnt

*ARGH* You guys just keep finding more stuff I want to add to my bike. My wife is gonna hate you all. :D

See red

I think the Marthy screen has been a great buy, I am thinking of goiing after the madstad screen next mainly to see if it's feaseable to add two tiny geared motors to act as stepper motors and see if the thing can kind of be done like a fjr style electric one.

I finaly got the stator done, I don't remember who asked but I thought it was in here, I ended up with an extra 185 ~200 watts. I am still testing to see for sure how much.. We are basically loading down with power and seeing with the bike under load wear it stops keeping up.

Main reason for the extra power is I want to add auxillary lights. I haven't seen any that I can remember on this bike. But I do ride in the dark, and I do ride where there is nothing around, hence the primitive camping thing... but I really would like a fok ton more light up front for those occasions.